Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Battle Reports
Battle Reports Reports of your Heroscape Battles

Notices

Old July 3rd, 2020, 06:09 PM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Hahahaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrcElfArmyOne View Post
I'm looking forward to watching this one. Dola's probably Top 3 playing the game right now. Now to convince him to come to GenCon next year...
We'll take all the recruiting pressure we can manage. I'm pretty sure dok and I have been trying to get him to come for like 4 years now.

~Dysole, who was given her final nudge by dok after years of not doing it so we could make it happen
Old July 4th, 2020, 12:03 AM
Cooking Rice is Hard

OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Hahahaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysole View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrcElfArmyOne View Post
I'm looking forward to watching this one. Dola's probably Top 3 playing the game right now. Now to convince him to come to GenCon next year...
We'll take all the recruiting pressure we can manage. I'm pretty sure dok and I have been trying to get him to come for like 4 years now.

~Dysole, who was given her final nudge by dok after years of not doing it so we could make it happen
Glad you started going to GenCon! We'll get him there eventually...
Old July 4th, 2020, 10:52 AM
Usurper of Shenanigans (but only 10 points under)

BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: 10 Points Under - Heroscape Casting Videos

Did someone say Saturday upload? No? Oh...

Well we've got one anyway. @Flash_19 had a really cool video idea a couple months ago that we're finally capitalizing on! Instead of the usual game commentary that the channel focuses on, we took a chance to play and commentate a game that focuses specifically on a map's strengths and weaknesses. We still of course talk matchup, strategy, etc., but it's all with the focus of the particular map in mind. @superfrog was kind enough to let us dig into one of this ARV contest submissions for this experiment, so we're trying out his map By Babylon's Rivers. It turns into a really cool discussion (I think), especially with master map-maker Flash giving his first-hand input!

With this new video type, let us know how it worked! We had fun, so if you do too we'd love to do more!

Monthly Utah Tournaments in SLC!!
Maps | Customs | Battle Reports
10 Points Under Videos

"I'll save myself some time and say I pretty much 100% agree with Bigga" ~Flash_19
Old July 4th, 2020, 12:20 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggaBullfrog View Post
Did someone say Saturday upload? No? Oh...

Well we've got one anyway. @Flash_19 had a really cool video idea a couple months ago that we're finally capitalizing on! Instead of the usual game commentary that the channel focuses on, we took a chance to play and commentate a game that focuses specifically on a map's strengths and weaknesses. We still of course talk matchup, strategy, etc., but it's all with the focus of the particular map in mind. @superfrog was kind enough to let us dig into one of this ARV contest submissions for this experiment, so we're trying out his map By Babylon's Rivers. It turns into a really cool discussion (I think), especially with master map-maker Flash giving his first-hand input!

With this new video type, let us know how it worked! We had fun, so if you do too we'd love to do more!

https://youtu.be/MnOGeGZgFw0
I think this is the video I’m most excited to watch out of all your content. Keep up the great work!
Old July 8th, 2020, 10:02 AM

BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun

We've got a new game format being showcased this week with Insanity of Battle! It's unfortunately the only Insanity of Battle game I have from the recent tournament, but luckily I was able to cast it with @dok who gives a great rundown on how the format functions at the beginning of the video! And to highlight the play for this format we've got @mtl1998 and @kevindola playing a semifinal game for OHS 36!

Also debuting in this video is my new draw-on-screen software! One bright side of losing my old computer is that my new one can run a lot more different softwares, so after a lot of experimentation I've finally been able to piece together a few apps to let me run a video and draw over it at the same time!

I've got a lot of good stuff coming up soon as well! As always if you're interested in helping me cast a game make sure you hit up the scheduling sheet so we can get something set up!

10 Points Under Videos

"I'll save myself some time and say I pretty much 100% agree with Bigga" ~Flash_19
Old July 8th, 2020, 11:07 AM

mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby! mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby! mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby! mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby! mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby!

Ooh, I’m excited to watch this when i get time today! Been loving these videos.
Old July 8th, 2020, 04:41 PM

mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby! mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby! mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby! mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby! mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby!

I like how you now have the ability the draw on the screen. It helps a lot when considering movement options. You drawing how Pel had to move to engage Arkmer on level ground is a prime example. It's also useful for identifying specific squad figures out of all the ones on the map.

Since placement is so key in this format I thought I'd fill in the blanks from the first few placement choices. (Assuming my memory is correct.)

Kevin forced me to place first so I chose to place my B-11. I was fully expecting either one of my heroes to be Kevin's first choice. I would have responded with placing Nilfheim in water. I wanted to make sure I had the high ground so I chose to spread out my B-11 to protect as much of those level 4s and 3s in the middle as possible. Buccs with height are nasty.
Kevin responded wisely with placing Nilfheim in a safe spot.
I then placed one of my heroes, I forget which one. Probably Pel. dok goes into the reasoning why Pel in water is worse for me. I'd like to think I was thinking that on game day cuz what dok explained is correct.
Kevin placed either my dreadguls or his pirates. The order of these two is relatively unimportant. I was just happy to have both of my heroes not in the water.
I placed my other hero.
Kevin placed either my dreadguls or his pirates.

I think Bigga managed to capture the rest of the placement process.

Some of my thoughts on the game:
I think Kevin not going for 4 attacks of height on dreadguls was a mistake. He went for two attacks on even ground. I had two dreadgul moves that were questionable where I grabbed wannok and another where I got out of the water to make it so that the buccs would have had to attack up on the dreadgul. In retrospect, I don't like those moves by me because they both made me lose an attack on the given turn.

I forgot how important those 2 initiative rolls were. It was cool to relive those moments and to appreciate the luck I had. There was another moment too, but I'm not gonna spoil it.

It was interesting to hear different people's takes on my OM placement. OM placement is a really cool part of heroscape because I don't think it's an exact science. Everybody's a little different. I remember thinking conservatively about it this game. Especially after the first round where we came out close to even despite me auto-losing initiative, I figured all I had to do was keep up constant pressure and with me owning the high ground, I'd wind up with an advantage. I also respected the pirates bonus attack, so I remember wanting to give the B-11s OM2 on a certain round to make sure that, if they wanted to wipe out my B-11, it would be a tiny bit harder.

All in all, it was pretty special to get to hear what Bigga and dok had to say about the game. It's always a neat experience to get to play tournament games against people who have been in the scene longer and in a more dedicated way than me. The same goes for hearing what they think about my play.
Old July 9th, 2020, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1998 View Post
Since placement is so key in this format I thought I'd fill in the blanks from the first few placement choices. (Assuming my memory is correct.)

Kevin forced me to place first so I chose to place my B-11. I was fully expecting either one of my heroes to be Kevin's first choice. I would have responded with placing Nilfheim in water. I wanted to make sure I had the high ground so I chose to spread out my B-11 to protect as much of those level 4s and 3s in the middle as possible. Buccs with height are nasty.
Kevin responded wisely with placing Nilfheim in a safe spot.
I then placed one of my heroes, I forget which one. Probably Pel. dok goes into the reasoning why Pel in water is worse for me. I'd like to think I was thinking that on game day cuz what dok explained is correct.
Kevin placed either my dreadguls or his pirates. The order of these two is relatively unimportant. I was just happy to have both of my heroes not in the water.
I placed my other hero.
Kevin placed either my dreadguls or his pirates.

I think Bigga managed to capture the rest of the placement process.
Thanks for that explanation! I especially like reading your perspective for those moves -- that's great detail, especially the strategy on those first few turns of placing B-11/Nilf/Pel.

Quote:
Some of my thoughts on the game:
I think Kevin not going for 4 attacks of height on dreadguls was a mistake. He went for two attacks on even ground. I had two dreadgul moves that were questionable where I grabbed wannok and another where I got out of the water to make it so that the buccs would have had to attack up on the dreadgul. In retrospect, I don't like those moves by me because they both made me lose an attack on the given turn.
Haha, I remember thinking during the game with those moves that in a more standard format developing like that is totally normal and solid, but when watching this Insanity of Battle game I felt there's just so much value in hitting as hard and fast as you can.

Quote:
It was interesting to hear different people's takes on my OM placement. OM placement is a really cool part of heroscape because I don't think it's an exact science. Everybody's a little different. I remember thinking conservatively about it this game. Especially after the first round where we came out close to even despite me auto-losing initiative, I figured all I had to do was keep up constant pressure and with me owning the high ground, I'd wind up with an advantage. I also respected the pirates bonus attack, so I remember wanting to give the B-11s OM2 on a certain round to make sure that, if they wanted to wipe out my B-11, it would be a tiny bit harder.
I very much agree. Especially when playing armies/formats where OM placement matters a lot, like in the latter half of this game in particular after both main squads are worn down, I think OMs become a huge part of strategy that isn't focused on enough, because if you have a good plan and can keep your whole army relevant to the battle with good OM management it gives you a huge edge. You see that a lot from the top players, and this game was also an awesome example of that.

Thanks for posting your thoughts! I love being able to read and get perspective from the players! And also thanks so much for the kind words!!

10 Points Under Videos

Old July 9th, 2020, 05:36 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Did the VCheese finals between KD and I get lost in your computer suicide? (asking since you've started on this seasons Insanity games)

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old July 9th, 2020, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Heroscape View Post
Did the VCheese finals between KD and I get lost in your computer suicide? (asking since you've started on this seasons Insanity games)
It did. I do have two VCheese games that I'll be hitting, but they're from the first round. I'm really bummed especially that I lost that game.

10 Points Under Videos

Old July 9th, 2020, 08:32 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggaBullfrog View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Heroscape View Post
It did. I do have two VCheese games that I'll be hitting, but they're from the first round. I'm really bummed especially that I lost that game.
oof...okay

~Sir H crying in a corner...

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old July 15th, 2020, 10:02 AM

Speaking of the couple of games I do have from the VCheese event (see? I can do segues): this week we have the VCheese Round 1 game between @BodaciousBlood and @kevindola !! It's a dragon war between Braxas and Quahon and was a cool matchup to begin the event with. Returning to the show to help cast the action is @OrcElfArmyOne , and we have a great discussion over the game, ranging from talking development to inventing Heroscape terms to trying to math out attack rolls in our heads! Also another reason to be bummed that I lost so many VCheese videos: I was really looking forward to putting cheese over a ton of different figures' faces.

Quick note: I done messed up this video. My new technology is awesome, but I'm still getting used to it and when setting up to record this one I clicked the wrong button. I have a quick explanation at the beginning of the video, but you won't see any of the drawings I was doing during the game. You'll still see the cursor moving which for the most part is sufficient, but I'm really kicking myself for a dumb mistake. Fortunately I know what caused it and am keeping an eye for it -- I've already verified that the next video recorded the drawings without a hitch!

10 Points Under Videos

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Battle Reports