Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Miniatures
Other Miniatures Miniatures games besides Heroscape.

Notices

Old June 8th, 2020, 08:30 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!
Re: Frostgrave, Halo Ground Command and other tabletop minis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porkins View Post
Wow from me too!! That is amazing! How long did it take you to build and paint it? About what percentage is 3D printed vs. made from scratch? I love the AT-ST up on top of the platform. So cool
Most of it is scratch built, but all the doors/vents/ signs and a bunch more greebles are 3d printed. All the files were free on thingiverse that I used. It took me about 2 months to build it all. Ive been sick alot though. Something like this would usually only take a few weeks for me. You can see why I dont bother with hexes anymore right? legion mechanics are fantastic. You could totally use my gridless scape rules on something like this as well though. Im working on building up my the rest of my grand republic and cis armies next. I already have a ton of them finished. Ive been figuring out my resin printer to bolster the ranks.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old June 13th, 2020, 04:39 AM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Well. I finally got to get some legion in. I played a 500pt skirmish game with my brother on a 3x4 board using my coruscant underworld board. The mechanic of using an action to travel from one door to another on the same building with a unit leader that is in base contact with the door worked out great and really opens up the possibilities of map design for the game. We played our first game with clones and droids. Both factions bring some great new styles of play to the game. We did a random roll to pick our faction. I rolled droids and my bro rolled clones. It ended up being an elimination scenario and it came down to 3 clone troopers facing off with my last droideka. Absolute blast. My brother took the win. My favorites I played were General grievious and droidekas. Super great time.

Old June 13th, 2020, 09:19 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Sounds fun Trex. That mechanic with the doors is a houserule?

I did finish my Tauntauns as you saw on Legion FB page, but I'll share here.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old June 13th, 2020, 02:09 PM
"like" happy

Yeah. I dont believe there is a rule for interacting with doors in legion. There is a rule exactly like that in Imperial assault where it takes an action to interact with different things. Being in base contact and moving to a different door is my added bit. Works great though.

Old June 13th, 2020, 03:14 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Damn your photography skills are starting to rival your painting Hahma. Those look great.
Old June 16th, 2020, 03:17 AM
"like" happy

I just finished priming up 27 new phase 2 clone troopers for legion. I painted up one of them completely to see how cool they look along side ffg clones and that one turned out great. So I ended up retouching up my captain rex to match. Im painting all my phase 2 clones up as 501st legion troopers. Unless they release other clone commanders later. All my phase 1 troopers are painted up in attack of the clones type colors of white and black with the heavy units and captains accented in blue green and red. I also finished priming up my two additional dewbacks for my Imps. Should keep me busy painting for a day or so. Ive had my saviors from walking dead half painted on my desk for quite some time now. Thats what happens when you have to build coruscant city for your game table. I have to figure out whats causing my resin printer fails before I start getting to print my mandalorians and B2 droids. I lost an entire batch of B2s the other day. What parts came out looked great but they arent too usable. Got to finally play with clones and droids with my brother and Ill have to say that I love how each faction plays a bit differently. I really enjoy that aspect of Legion.

Old June 20th, 2020, 08:57 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

I finished my Dewback and rider for Legion. There are 4 different configuration options for the rider, there's one with him holding the reigns and having an RT-97C Blaster Rifle (longer range), then there's one with a CR-24 Flame Rifle, and the ones I chose are with a T-21 Blaster Rifle and the other one with a Shock Prod to help be extra nasty in melee.

So basically there are 2 top half torsos and heads, but different arm/weapon options to have 4 choices. There is a male/female connection point between the upper and lower halves, so I can switch upper torsos depending on the loadout I choose in a game. Basically, if I'm going without any ranged weapon attachment cards to keep the cost down and just use this guy as a melee unit, then I'll just use the Shock Prod version, otherwise, with any of the 3 ranged weapon attachment card options, I'll use the one with the blaster rifle.

Old June 20th, 2020, 09:35 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Nice.
Old June 20th, 2020, 10:34 AM
Prickly Cactus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Nice.
Thanks T!

Old June 20th, 2020, 07:58 PM
"like" happy

@Hahma . The bottom half with the Dewback and Trooper legs has been made into an Stl. I printed a couple of them on my fdm printer and they turned out fantastic. I used my Shock prod torso with one of them, a long gun with the original I bought, and then resin printed a third rider for the third one. I now have three dewbacks to run if I want. I started to to paint the dewbacks and am also painting up my Phase 2 Clone troopers. I put together files for Super Battle Droids and a few others to finish up my Clone Troopers. Ive been not spending too much on hobby stuff lately but threw down some money a day or so ago to get the Iden Versio Imperial Commander pack, Cassian and K2S0 pack, Padme Amidala Pack, and Cad Bane Pack, for my four different factions. I have no problem supporting the game, as I do love it, but really appreciate the different models you can use or proxy for my home games, which is all I play. I also fixed up some files for some Twilek Sniper figures for my rebels. This resin printing thing is pretty fun since I'm getting the hang of it. Pretty soon, I'm going to set up some better build plates with mandalorians. If you want, I'll send you an additional dewback with trooper legs to paint to go with your second body when I send you your mando and rancor and such. I'm not in a crazy hurry because I know you and me both have way too much to paint anyway, but I am still planning on sending it out. I'm getting very excited with what I've started doing with the resin printer.

Old June 21st, 2020, 11:07 AM

Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby!

Hey guys, just curious, does anyone know where one can find a halo ground command starter box new? Lol I just discovered this game, and I'd love to get my hands on some units but can't find it anywhere. :/

"Our mother has been absent ever since we founded Rome; but there's gonna be a party when the wolf comes home."
Old June 21st, 2020, 10:36 PM
"like" happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owlman View Post
Hey guys, just curious, does anyone know where one can find a halo ground command starter box new? Lol I just discovered this game, and I'd love to get my hands on some units but can't find it anywhere. :/
I'm pretty sure @Hahma is the only one that has played that game and think he got rid of it awhile back to invest in other games he'd get to the table more often.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Miniatures