Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Battle Reports
Battle Reports Reports of your Heroscape Battles

Notices

Old April 16th, 2020, 06:37 PM
Usurper of Shenanigans (but only 10 points under)

BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: 10 Points Under - Heroscape Casting Videos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleon View Post
I like this series a lot, it’s cool to see the game commentated. Do you have like a highlighted version of the matches that you’re viewing? It seems like there aren’t many moments where players are pausing and thinking, and it’s consistently moving forward throughout.

The featured commentators are sweet too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by superfrog View Post
Having been a guest commentator, I can tell you that Bigga plays back the game a bit faster than real time. IIRC it was 1.3x speed for the game I did.
Yup, superfrog is right (as all frogs are). I usually put the playback at somewhere between 1.2 and 1.4 speed depending on the game, which isn't too much faster to not know what's going on, but is fast enough that with the hour+ recordings I have it usually cuts off a good 10-20 minutes from the total time to make it easier for viewers (and commentators -- this was especially useful with True and his busy schedule).

With the more recent videos, I've also been doing a bit of editing as well whenever there is empty space. Usually the co-caster and I have a good conversation going, but if there's a space of like 10 seconds or so that doesn't have consistent dialogue, I'll trim it down since even short pauses can seem longer when there aren't faces to see or movement with figures/attacks on screen. (I'm particularly aggressive when editing the intro and outro, since that's where I "ummm" the most. Gotta get rid of those suckers! ) Depending on when those edits take place, I have seen a few spots where stuff in game jumps forward pretty quickly (which I try to avoid if it makes anything unclear).

Monthly Utah Tournaments in SLC!!
Maps | Customs | Battle Reports
10 Points Under Videos

"I'll save myself some time and say I pretty much 100% agree with Bigga" ~Flash_19
Old April 17th, 2020, 12:06 PM

Tiamat rolls all skulls baby! Tiamat rolls all skulls baby! Tiamat rolls all skulls baby! Tiamat rolls all skulls baby! Tiamat rolls all skulls baby!

Just wanted to mention again how much fun it was being involved with this. I was mildly horrified when I saw the match-up involved one of the few VC factions that I don't know much about, but Bigga nursed me through it. Would love to be involved again if an opportunity comes up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggaBullfrog View Post
How many times are we going to force @Sir Heroscape and @Chris Perkins to duke it out on our channel!? And how many times are we going to force Gorillitroopers to fight a giant lightning bat!? Either way, joining me in discussing this week's gameplay is @Tiamat , and we have a great time talking about the action. Hopefully you have a great time as well!

https://youtu.be/DgJ4VBTnEdk

(Also, apologies for the little bit of missed footage. This is the only time it's happened and it's made me paranoid enough to ensure that it doesn't happen again. )
Old April 17th, 2020, 03:14 PM

BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiamat View Post
Just wanted to mention again how much fun it was being involved with this. I was mildly horrified when I saw the match-up involved one of the few VC factions that I don't know much about, but Bigga nursed me through it. Would love to be involved again if an opportunity comes up!
It was great meeting you and having you on! I'm definitely down to talking 'Scape with you again! (And hey, even people who know a ton about VC don't know much about the Gorillitroopers because of that mind puzzle of a card -- I messed up on it in the video!)

10 Points Under Videos

"I'll save myself some time and say I pretty much 100% agree with Bigga" ~Flash_19
Old April 22nd, 2020, 11:09 AM

Alright, @dok , the one you've been waiting for.

Get ready, folks -- it's time for the grand finale of Online Heroscape Season 34! (Or, rather, the last game that I have from Season 34 so it's the default finale as far as the channel goes!) This week we're going to clash the titans dok and @kevindola -- the two highest ranked online Heroscape players -- and their incredibly subtle, position-capitalizing, figure-yoinking armies. Here to help me catch all the interplay going on is none other than @Dysole , another top player and master of playing tricky armies! This game is no joke and there's a ton going on, so sit back and enjoy all the subtle intricacies of this matchup!

10 Points Under Videos

Last edited by BiggaBullfrog; April 22nd, 2020 at 12:23 PM.
Old April 22nd, 2020, 12:19 PM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Hilarity

Don't know if you intended to post this on my birthday but that's hilarious.

~Dysole, who enjoyed her time on 10 points
Old April 22nd, 2020, 12:24 PM

Re: Hilarity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysole View Post
Don't know if you intended to post this on my birthday but that's hilarious.

~Dysole, who enjoyed her time on 10 points
Wow that's awesome! I had no idea it was your birthday but that's great how it worked out! Happy Birthday!

10 Points Under Videos

Old April 23rd, 2020, 01:31 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggaBullfrog View Post
Get ready, folks -- it's time for the grand finale of Online Heroscape Season 34! (Or, rather, the last game that I have from Season 34 so it's the default finale as far as the channel goes!) This week we're going to clash the titans dok and @kevindola -- the two highest ranked online Heroscape players -- and their incredibly subtle, position-capitalizing, figure-yoinking armies. Here to help me catch all the interplay going on is none other than @Dysole , another top player and master of playing tricky armies! This game is no joke and there's a ton going on, so sit back and enjoy all the subtle intricacies of this matchup!

https://youtu.be/dUnH2nI2udE
Definitely one of my favorite games I've played in recent years.

As I noted in the youtube comments, my early moves might seem kind of needlessly conservative while I'm getting potshotted, but you have to remember that I am focused on preventing the hot lava dunk with a chainfighters. Kevin has the option on any OM (thanks to Rygarn) to run a chainfighter 7 spaces (Warden move boost) next to molten lava, then dunk Raelin or Talingul if they are within 3 spaces. I never gave Kevin a dunk opportunity this game, but playing to avoid it really restricted how I moved my army.

Notably, it also meant I needed to be more conservative in my Raelin placements, which led to Augamo sitting outside the aura and banking on an initiative win, which led to that devastating 3-wound hit. Just a few more Augamo activations would have made a big difference.

You may have also noticed a somewhat unusual move with Boreos in the mid game (Right after Raelin was grabbed, when I moved Ringo up to lava with Boreos) - this move prevented the Raelin dunk with the help of Swirling Vortex.

Last edited by Dysole; April 28th, 2020 at 03:06 PM.
Old April 29th, 2020, 12:01 PM

With Online Heroscape Season 35 wrapping up, it's probably a good time to start posting videos from it, right? We get to watch a game between @dok and @Crixus33 to start us off with a cool Soulborg vs Bug/Arachnid matchup. And joining in the discussion is master map designer and good friend @Flash_19 !! So join us as we discuss how much text is on Deathcommander's card, poke fun at @TrueMurray , and talk about Flash_19's new map that he said he'd post when we made the video weeks ago but I just checked and it wasn't there so what's up with that!?

10 Points Under Videos

Old April 29th, 2020, 12:21 PM
Frank Lloyd Wright of Scape

Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Hey! That's exciting!

I totally did post that map by the way - It just took me a little bit. Your fault for telling me the cast wouldn't likely go up for a few weeks. So, I ended up tinkering with the map a little more. It was this one here (Flayed for those of you who have looked at my thread recently).

I loved being a part of the video! Thanks so much for having me!

Maps | OHS Maps | Customs
"I think you're absolutely correct in your logic and reasoning and couldn't agree more." ~BiggaBullfrog

Old April 29th, 2020, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash_19 View Post
Hey! That's exciting!

I totally did post that map by the way - It just took me a little bit. Your fault for telling me the cast wouldn't likely go up for a few weeks. So, I ended up tinkering with the map a little more. It was this one here (Flayed for those of you who have looked at my thread recently).

I loved being a part of the video! Thanks so much for having me!
Ah, I thought it was a different map that I thought you were posting at the time. Well in that case, nice timing! You got that up just in time!

Loved having you on the video! It was a great time -- hopefully you can make it again and we can make good on that excellent idea you had!

10 Points Under Videos

Old April 29th, 2020, 01:12 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Funny story - the only attack that wounded the Deathcommander all tournament long was the first attack it faced. From a Fyorlag Spider. I played against the Deathcommander twice in later rounds and those were my two losses in the event (one in round 2, one in the elimination rounds). Both times I threw a very large number of dice at the Deathcommander and never scratched it. (I also played with my army two other times, but sat Deathcommander both of those times. My army went undefeated... I guess people underestimate the dogs?)

Once Deathcommander took that hit, though, I was more or less playing YOLO Deathcommander, figuring I can't count on it living so I may as well leverage the powers as much as I can. I couldn't sink multiple OMs on Deathcommander until Sujoah died, but I got a lot out of the OMs I did place there.

When paired with Deathstalkers, Deathcommander can present a real conundrum for melee armies - especially ones that rely on a hero is the big hitter. Once you commit to trying to take DC down, you make your opponent's army much stronger (due to HSCB bonding) until you actually succeed in taking DC down. But you never really know how long a 7 defense large figure will hold out. A similar dynamic played out in my elimination loss to @AgentWard where I was winning comfortably when I started trying to kill Deathcommander, but my attack dice went cold at the wrong time and he ended up dealing a ton of damage with Deathcommander and the last squad of Deathstalkers. (Against @infectedsloth Heavy Support didn't really come into play as the Deathstalkers mostly died first, but I just couldn't kill Deathcommander in endgame.)
Old April 29th, 2020, 01:43 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

This is outstanding content! Love it. It's a great game, and you guys pair really well together. Keep it up!

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Battle Reports