Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Marvel Discussion
Marvel Discussion General discussion, units, rules & FAQs specific to Marvel HS

Notices

Old May 3rd, 2013, 12:10 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Rank Your Favorite Superhero Movies!

A lot of superhero movies are coming out and I thought it'd be fun to see how different people rank them (and why). Be sure to revise your list as you see more superhero movies!

Here's mine:

1. Spider-Man 2. I love how he loses his powers as he loses his confidence.

2. Batman. The one with Michael Keaton. I like how Batman is just as obsessed as Joker is in this one.

3. Superman. The original. Superman is just so earnest and Lex Luthor is so sleazy. Love the contrast here.

4. Batman Begins. I like how this was more of a thriller than an action movie. And I love the message: it's not what's inside you that matters, it's what you do.

5. X2. Professor X gets tricked into killing all the mutants? Oh man! There's just so much good stuff going on here with all the inner conflicts and betrayals.

6. Hulk. Yeah, the Ang Lee one. Beautifully shot and talks about real issues instead of smashing things.

7. Iron Man. RDJ knocked it out of the park with his fast talking self-absorbed persona here. Love the banter.

8. The Avengers. So much fun seeing everyone getting together and smashing things. Not a lot going on past the surface level but still fun.

9. X-Men. This movie really centers on Rogue with both Magneto and Wolverine as potential father figures for her and the reluctant one saves the day.

10. Fantastic Four. Sure, Doom should have been modeled more like the comics but I love Human Torch in this movie and the in-fighting.

Other superhero movies I've seen that I should rank sometime:

Sky High
The Mask
Captain America
Thor
Incredible Hulk
Iron Man 2
The Dark Knight
Dark Knight Rises
Batman Returns
Batman Forever
Batman & Robin
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 3
TMNT
The Incredibles
Fantastic 4: Rise of the Silver Surfer
Spider-Man
Spider-Man 3
Amazing Spider-Man
Batman: Mask of the Phantasm
Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker
Justice League: The New Frontier
Hellboy
Batman & Mr. Freeze: SubZero
Mystery Men
Green Lantern
X-Men 3
Unbreakable
Green Hornet
Hancock
Superman Returns
Daredevil
Elektra
My Super Ex-Girlfriend
Wolverine
Superman II
Superman III
Superman IV
Blade
Blade 2
Blade: Trinity
X-Men First Class
Next Avengers
Batman: The Movie
Condorman
Supergirl
Darkman
Darkman 2
Darkman 3
The Rocketeer
The Crow
The Shadow
The Phantom
Spawn
The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen
The Adventures of Sharkboy and Lavagirl
V for Vendetta
Zoom
Underdog
The Spirit
Chronicle
Megamind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!

Last edited by quozl; May 5th, 2013 at 01:06 AM.
Old May 3rd, 2013, 12:46 PM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: Rank Your Favorite Superhero Movies!

Hunh - some VERY different picks from mine.

1) The Dark Knight - Best of the most recent trilogy. Hard to imagine anyone ever creating a more impressive Joker than Heath Ledger's work.
2) The Avengers - Fun, fun movie. Best part was Mark Ruffalo as the actor that finally figured out how to portray Hulk.
3) Batman Begins - This reboot of my favorite superhero's franchise was extremely well done and reminded me of all the fun I had in the 80s reading Dark Knight comic books.
4) Mystery Men - Hilarious. Well written and well performed throughout.
5) Spider-Man - For me, this gave birth to the modern superhero movie. The first movie where the filmmaker could really show me the hero's powers without me needing to contribute my imagination to make it happen.
6) The Dark Knight Rises - A fitting capstone to the trilogy.
7) Iron Man - The rebirth of Robert Downey Jr. as an actor into the role he was born to play. Lots of great dialogue.
8) Sky High - Yeah, I loved this one. So shoot me.
9) The Mask - Schumbuddy Schtop Meh!
10) Batman - Here for nostalgia because at the time I saw it I loved it even though the movies that came after were awful and it hasn't aged well.

~Aldin, X-lessly

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old May 3rd, 2013, 01:11 PM

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I love Sky High and The Mask too.

And yeah, that's why these lists are so interesting. Different people like different things.

Quote:
Old May 3rd, 2013, 01:22 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

We need The Mask for C3G!
Old May 3rd, 2013, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaSilver View Post
We need The Mask for C3G!
I've drafted him but would love to see power ideas for him in the Public Design post if you guys want to help.

Quote:
Old May 3rd, 2013, 01:24 PM
Name's Ash... Housewares

Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun

1. Avengers - This is exactly what I'm looking for in a superhero movie. There was an interesting story, lots of action and great comedy. Best dialogue in any superhero movie. Gotta credit Josh Whedon for that.

2. The Dark Knight - Best representation of Joker to date. Nice twists.

3. Iron Man - Showed me that Marvel Studies really knows how to connect with their comic book loving audience. Great casting, acting, humor and special effects.

4. X2 - This move isn't aging very well, but the story is fantastic. It epitomizes the X-Men and their struggles, IMO.

5. Blade 2 - I didn't expect much when I saw this movie and maybe that's why I love it so much. Some great storytelling here.

6. Batman Begins - Brought Batman to center stage where he belongs. Great acting and story.

7. Hellboy - Another movie that I rate heavily due to comic aspect. I love when superhero movies don't take themselves too seriously.

8. Watchmen - It was like watching the comic book come to life. Amazing.

9. Spider-Man - The special effects of this movie blew me away. Watching Spidey swing around from building to building was incredible. Green Goblin was a bit corny, but overall the movie was quite enjoyable.

10. Batman - Tim Burton was my hero when this movie came out. A big budget Batman movie with Jack Nicholson as the Joker. I only wish it was aging well.

Honorable Mention:
Superman II
Incredibles
Kick-Ass
X-Men First Class
Unbreakable

Last edited by Balantai; May 3rd, 2013 at 01:33 PM.
Old May 3rd, 2013, 01:28 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balantai View Post
10. Batman - Tim Burton was my hero when this movie came out. A big budget Batman movie with Jack Nicholson as the Joker. I only wish it was aging well.
I think it has something to do with that hairdo.

~MegaSilver, not planning on making a list.
Old May 3rd, 2013, 01:37 PM
Name's Ash... Housewares

Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun

I wonder what everyones' least favorite superhero movies are (based on expectation for that movie).
Old May 3rd, 2013, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balantai View Post
I wonder what everyones' least favorite superhero movies are (based on expectation for that movie).
Superman 2, 3,and 4 would be on my list....

Quote:
Old May 3rd, 2013, 02:31 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

This is just live-action, because including animated movies is a HUGE headache, even if they're better than a lot of these (I might give Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker credit for best superhero movie of all time). And of course, I haven't seen a lot of superhero movie in general, so any obvious omissions are probably out of ignorance.

1) Spider-Man 2: Still the quintessential superhero movie. A bit goofy, a bit illogical, but great action sequences, great villain, great characters... it's yet to be topped.
2) Superman: But the original is still pretty close to being the king. It's mostly based on Christopher Reeves, who is Superman and always will be - I think RDJ as Tony Stark is the only actor that comes close to so encapsulating a character.
3) The Incredible Hulk: Ed Norton as the Hulk. Hunted by the army, running away with his girlfriend, smashing, fleeing, great scenes in Rio... another movie that runs on the strength of its lead. I don't even like the Hulk that much - but this is the perfect Hulk movie.
4) Hellboy: Sort of a dark horse candidate (no pun intended), but the Hellboy movies are hands down awesome. Stellar casting, again; the first one is my favorite because it's very pulp-y, which I like.
5) Iron Man: Really a phenomenal action movie all around. If it weren't for Robert Downey Jr. hitting it out of the park here, the entire "Marvel Cinematic Universe" experiment would have been a non-starter.
6) The Avengers: Really just as fanservice movie, but it doesn't need to be anything else. No need to explore characters, no need to slow it down, just put the characters we know together with solid action and writing and let the magic happen.
7) The Dark Knight: Another quality movie... a bit too "not superhero-ish" but it goes without saying that it's solid.
8) Superman II: Not as good as the first, but again, Reeves takes it from "goofy camp" to "Superman perfected." We'll see if Man of Steel can get in the same ballpark... I sort of doubt it.
9) Hellboy II: The Golden Army: Like I said, the first one is my personal favorite, since I'm not as into high fantasy, but they're both great. Come on del Toro, where's III!?
10) X-Men: Not much to say here, but another one I liked... I haven't seen X2, though, and I hear that's a big improvement, so that probably would earn a spot.

HONORABLE MENTION The Rocketeer: I put him down here because it's not so much a superhero movie as a pulp action movie... but it was fantastic, absolutely fantastic. I really need to see Captain America, because if it's anything like The Rocketeer I'll love it.

DISHONORABLE MENTION Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance: I have pretty low standards. REALLY low standards. But this was not a good movie.
Old May 3rd, 2013, 10:00 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

I started to look for the list I posted a month or so ago, but then I stopped. So this list may be different from that one. Also wanted to note that I am only going to pick my favorite movie from a trilogy and let that one movie represent the others as well. That way I can squeeze more movies in to my top ten.

1. Avengers: This one stands at the top. It was just incredibly well done and is a bright, upbeat, fun popcorn flick. Joss does just an incredible job with dialog and allowing each characters individual personality to really shine.

2. The Dark Knight: I enjoyed the whole trilogy and this one is the best of the 3. Everything in this movie built onto the great first film so well, upping the ante so to speak, and the Joker role was just outstandingly written and performed.

3. X2: This movie rocked by jumping right into the action with a memorable Nightcrawler attack on the President. Then it kept up the awesomeness throughout the next two hours.

4. Iron Man: Even though I just saw IM3 and it was good, I still like this one just a little bit more. One of the more engaging origin story films, RDJ just nailed it as Tony Stark. Introduced a whole lot of people to this B level Marvel Hero, turned him into a A level franchise, and launched everything that led up to the Avengers film.

5. Spider-Man 2: Seeing Doc Ock on screen was great. The whole story was well done.

6. Capt. America, the First Avenger: I'm a big fan of WWII films so I really enjoyed this film and it was nice having a Superhero film that was not set in the present day. It allowed them to stay truer to the comic book character while doing a good job addressing some of the cheesiness of "Capt. America!"

7. The Watchmen: Never heard of this story prior to the movie coming out but I see why it was so well liked. A grittier, more realistic take on what it would be like if Superheroes existed. Also helped that is was centered around the 80's cold war, something I grew up during.

8. Batman: This one is the only good movie from the run of Batman films prior to Nolan taking over. I still have fond memories of it.

9. Punisher War Zone: Big fan of the Punisher and all previous film versions were a let down. This one just skipped over the origin story/early years, going straight into the hard core vigilante that we all know and love. Action packed from the jump, with lots of punishment being dished out.

10. Blade: Snipes did a good job in this role. It has actually been a while since I have seen this movie but I recall enjoying it and thought the entire franchise was worthy of a shout out.
Old May 4th, 2013, 11:52 AM
OHS S40 and VCheese #2 Champion

boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I've never been a comic guy, but here's mine.

1.Avengers/Dark Knight Rises
3.Captain America
4.Thor
5. The Amazing Spiderman

Tournament Record:126-52 Online record:67-34
Peoria IL Monthly Tournaments

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Marvel Discussion