Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions
Other Customization & HS Additions Everything from new ways to play to modded figures

Notices

Old May 11th, 2009, 09:36 AM

Draconious rolls all skulls baby! Draconious rolls all skulls baby! Draconious rolls all skulls baby! Draconious rolls all skulls baby!
Random Order Markers - A Strange Order Marker Idea...

I was pondering a strange idea just now. After being thought out more, this might wind up being stupid, cool, or even already done. (but I have not seen it posted yet)

What if every player in the game's order markers were combined into one set. And they were tossed into a pouch to be drawn at random?

A 2 player game 1,2,3 and 1,2,3 would become 1,2,3,4,5,6, and a 4 player game would be 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12

Each player would also get 1 X at all times (not drawn).

At the beginning of each round, players would take turns drawing one of the order markers from the pouch, in order of initiative from the last round. The first round would have to be decided by a 20-Sider.

Initiative would obviously go to whoever pulls the 1 marker... and you would never have to roll for it. (wich would make the initiative glyph usless, or could be changed to draw first)

Another possitive, is play will not always being going around the table in the same order every round.

The fun part would be, not only do you not know what figure will go next, you dont know what player will be going next.

Primary problem would be if one player happened to pull 1 2 3... that player would get 3 turns all at once, but if it was a 2 player game so would the other player, 4 5 6.

Last edited by Draconious; May 11th, 2009 at 09:49 AM.
Old May 11th, 2009, 11:13 AM

pegasus rolls all skulls baby! pegasus rolls all skulls baby! pegasus rolls all skulls baby! pegasus rolls all skulls baby! pegasus rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Random Order Markers - A Strange Order Marker Idea...

I think that your 'primary problem' would be too unbalancing. Even when player 2 gets to go 3 turns in a row, the game might already be as good as over by then. Imagine Zelrig flying over and getting two free shots into a well filled starting zone in turn 2 and 3... ouch.
Old May 13th, 2009, 01:42 AM
Is a Tingly Soldier of Valhalla

Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death!

I think that this idea would be a lot of fun when 3 people are playing free-for-all. It would add an interesting and exciting chaos factor to the fight. Especially if who drew which OM's wasn't revealed until that turn came up.

130-96-0 (4/13/09-1/14/24)
36-16-0 (10/17/09-12/9/23)
Old May 13th, 2009, 06:57 AM
Super Bowel

Simpsons Scaper knows what's in an order marker Simpsons Scaper knows what's in an order marker Simpsons Scaper knows what's in an order marker

Interesting idea....As others said, there are some kinks to work out still.

Without dark, there is no light.
Without bad HScape figs, there are no good ones.
Dund is important, therefore
Old May 13th, 2009, 07:54 AM

Draconious rolls all skulls baby! Draconious rolls all skulls baby! Draconious rolls all skulls baby! Draconious rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killometer View Post
I think that this idea would be a lot of fun when 3 people are playing free-for-all. It would add an interesting and exciting chaos factor to the fight. Especially if who drew which OM's wasn't revealed until that turn came up.
A 3+ player Free For all was in mind, In a 1v1, you are automatically going to know what your opponent has, based on what you have. The more players the more unexpected the game...

A team game, might wind up even worse with the 123456 vs 789101112... but what are the odds of that?

As for the kinks, that is why I posted this thread, to get ideas to try and figure out if this can be turned into something that works.

Having a pair of turns in a row, might not be so bad, because if you do your opponent is likely to as well... If you know you dont have turns in a row, and suspect your oppenent does have, then just do not advance... it can break up the you move, no you move, no you move situations, since if you think you have 2 moves in a row, you might advance, with hope of moving back out etc...
Old May 13th, 2009, 09:23 AM
has been BANNED

shidler9 costs too much!
Smile Re: Random Order Markers - A Strange Order Marker Idea...

I think its an interesting idea and sounds fun! I'll definitly try this in my next 3+ players game
Old May 13th, 2009, 10:42 AM
Disinfretinated

mecha frog knows what's in an order marker mecha frog knows what's in an order marker

This does sound fun. We play with 3 or 4 players on a board pretty often. My first thought when I read Random Order Markers was each player would take their 4 markers, shake them up then randomly place them face down on the cards. Once everything is set, take a look to see what you have to work with.

That's it. We're trying this. I'm going to add in an extra X (5 markers per player) and limit each card to 2 markers per round. Beware the XX!

So... that's watch out for that order combo, not watch out for girls. Girls are good.
Old May 13th, 2009, 04:43 PM

pegasus rolls all skulls baby! pegasus rolls all skulls baby! pegasus rolls all skulls baby! pegasus rolls all skulls baby! pegasus rolls all skulls baby!

It just occurred to me that you could make this work by drawing order markers one by one and taking turns as you draw them. That way when taking one turn nobody would know who will get the next.
Not knowing in advance if the next turn will be yours should rebalance the game because it would stop most players from rushing.
Old May 17th, 2009, 12:48 AM

You definatly do not want to include the X markers in the ones you draw randomly... having your opponent take 3 turns in a row is bad enough, taking only 1 turn in that same round would likely end the game very quickely.
Old May 22nd, 2009, 04:38 PM

wolfeman1968 is surprisingly tart

When I play with 3 or four people we roll the 20 sided die and then go in order of highest to lowest so each round you never know the order but it only for 3 turns and then the new round starts.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions