Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > AotV Customs
AotV Customs A place for Arena of the Valkyrie Customs

Notices

Old March 18th, 2021, 03:37 PM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth
Re: [Pod 1] Velkhor (Ob Nixilis, Demon of Spite) - Playtesti

I'm going to propose a change to Stealth Flying and a price decrease to 110.
Old March 18th, 2021, 06:08 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

I like Stealth flying, not sure if 110 is too low or not, but definitely less than 145. Before we want to go with 110 for sure, any final talk of increasing aura to 5 or changing the spirit. FWIW I like spirit and aura worded where they are but think an aura of 5 would be nice (50% more hexes covered), even if it bumps unit cost up a bit.
Old March 18th, 2021, 06:16 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Those changes sound reasonable to me.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old March 18th, 2021, 06:32 PM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefton4ya View Post
I like Stealth flying, not sure if 110 is too low or not, but definitely less than 145. Before we want to go with 110 for sure, any final talk of increasing aura to 5 or changing the spirit. FWIW I like spirit and aura worded where they are but think an aura of 5 would be nice (50% more hexes covered), even if it bumps unit cost up a bit.
I like Stealth Flying, or the aura increase, but not both. I prefer Stealth Flying because it forces this unit to be more aggressive in placement.
Old March 19th, 2021, 10:09 AM

Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Even though I'm not a member of this pod, having playtested Velkhor pretty extensively, I'd agree with the proposal to add Stealth Flying and keep the aura at 4 spaces. Also, don't discount the offensive potential of Velkhor himself. With stealth flying and 6 move (7 with Morgoloth!) he should almost always get height, and 4A+his aura should be enough to reliably deal at least one wound on most attacks.
Old March 19th, 2021, 10:54 AM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

OK we can try Stealth Flying and a price decrease to 110. - I send/accept proposal.

I feel bad I have not really playtested much in the last year. Actually, I haven't played Herosape in general much the past year, and when I do it is either AotV playtesting or Online tournaments.
Old May 26th, 2021, 12:53 AM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun

Pinging the other members of Pod 1 to see if they have any strong thoughts on the proposed change to Stealth Flying and 110 points:

@Fakeraistlin @Jaur0n @The Long eared bat

Otherwise, I think that enough time has passed that we can probably call this vote.
Old May 26th, 2021, 04:53 PM

The Long eared bat knows what's in an order marker The Long eared bat knows what's in an order marker The Long eared bat knows what's in an order marker

Stealth Flying and 110 points seems fine to me.

Long live heroscape
Old May 26th, 2021, 08:39 PM

Fakeraistlin is surprisingly tart

Stealth and reduction is good.

Just went through the past threads that have been going on the past year and some..Finally was able to reset my password/accounts.... and get back on this....
Old July 23rd, 2021, 09:46 AM

Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Just ran Valkhor with Morgoloth and the Wolves of Bandu. It was a fun build. I ran Valkhor at 110 with stealth (not changed on the first page). I used Valkhor in support (only attacked once and missed). He did not die (this was against zombies, Shades and Ataraxis), but I used the Frailty Aura often. I agree that an increase in aura (along with the stealth and 110 points) would be too much. 4 seemed to work well. I did have to move him up, but really didn't mind if he died so I could use his second power.

What GenCon taught me was to assume only one skull on three dice!
Old July 24th, 2021, 03:53 PM

Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muskie View Post
Just ran Valkhor with Morgoloth and the Wolves of Bandu. It was a fun build. I ran Valkhor at 110 with stealth (not changed on the first page). I used Valkhor in support (only attacked once and missed). He did not die (this was against zombies, Shades and Ataraxis), but I used the Frailty Aura often. I agree that an increase in aura (along with the stealth and 110 points) would be too much. 4 seemed to work well. I did have to move him up, but really didn't mind if he died so I could use his second power.
Hey Muskie, thanks for the test! I really like what Velkhor brings to a Badru build. More bonding options are always nice, but what I like even more is the indirect synergy in the way his aura allows you to use pounce much more aggressively, without as much fear of getting killed by unusually good defense rolls.

@Scytale it looks like the OP needs to be updated with the change to Stealth Flying and a price drop to 110, whenever you have a chance.

If anything, I think he might be a bit overpowered at 110 with Stealth Flying, but I'm happy to test it out and see. I'll never complain about increasing the competitiveness of wolf builds
Old July 24th, 2021, 05:05 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Stupendous View Post
If anything, I think he might be a bit overpowered at 110 with Stealth Flying, but I'm happy to test it out and see. I'll never complain about increasing the competitiveness of wolf builds
We currently have two other heroes sitting at 110 as well. Not saying they're all correct, but I'd be happy to see one of them move.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > AotV Customs