Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Notices

Old December 14th, 2020, 12:18 AM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth
Re: Dark City Games and the Fantasy Trip

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastbilly1 View Post
I hate to hear that about George's mother. Especially during a pandemic and the holidays.

Being that they met with a consultant, the other changes they are making make more sense. Looks like starting with Uprising they are changing the font for the cover and already updated the logo. Thanks to TFT being back in print and being active developed by SJG, fantasy is obviously the hot commodity right now so it makes sense to focus on that. This actually the opposite of my concern during the kickstarter where I thought they would focus on other venues than Fantasy, you know back when we did not know if SJG was going to strike down every other system based on his. However that means I will be buying those remaining scifi adventures as soon as possible.

What system are yall using for the Paul Revere adventure? I am not typically a big ACW fan, but have my Redcoats and 10th Mass ready for action.
They haven't made up a rules set for Paul Revere; @chas is actually working on that and they may wind up using his ideas. Expect them to concentrate on getting fantasy out the door sooner than anything else.

Old December 15th, 2020, 10:32 PM

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

And we're making excellent progress on the Paul Revere adventure!

Old May 28th, 2021, 02:42 PM

No word yet on the pulp rules set. They are definitely trying to get out fantasy games right now. They are looking at one of my adventures as we speak. Bret is also writing his own adventure.

I figure this is as good a place to advertise as any. My friend and I (he isn't on the boards but he's the one who got me into Heroscape) are designing a dark fantasy board game.

In the game each player is a vampire who is trying to get enough favor with the six existing factions so that those factions can take that player seriously as the rightful heir to the vampire throne. The factions are Gypsy Camp (or Nomads if "Gypsy" is politically incorrect), the Necropolis, the Dark Wood (werewolf country), the Fey Court, the Laboratory (think Dr. Frankenstein) and the Cathedral.

Once a player has 10 favor in at least two factions and at least 35 favor overall, they are declared the winner. The factions will be situated around the map with the (empty)vampire castle in the middle.

We worked out many of the details so far and I feel confident that we can bring the game to life. The only hard part (besides all the rest ) is that we don't have an artist! I'm asking here if anyone wants to join our team; you would be designing the game board, encounter cards, and probably character standees (if we don't do minis). If you're interested, send me a PM!

Note: Many of the details have not been finalized, so we would not be starting with the artwork right away.

We can't pay you anything up front; we are going into this hoping to market the game some day. Think of it as a labor of love that just might pay off! I have experience with game design myself, having written the adventures with DCG adventures, and my friend designed an rpg as well.

Last edited by Taeblewalker; May 28th, 2021 at 04:48 PM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games