Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > HoME Customs
HoME Customs A place for Heroes of Middle Earth Customs

Notices

Old May 27th, 2020, 05:03 PM

Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Release Schedule (Future Planning)

I understand that viewpoint, I'm cool with it. Dont want to contradict canon.
Old May 27th, 2020, 05:31 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

I agree with leaving Azog out here. He can be part of a myths and legends release down the line or something

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old May 28th, 2020, 01:07 AM

Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

@Chris Perkins

By the way, I'm doing Urak-hai research for some brainstorming and I just learned that Lurtz was a Peter Jackson creation on the same level as Azog and Toriel. We should have Ugluk and not Lurtz, as he was the commander of the group that captured Merry and Pippin based on the book.

Which technically means we should drop focus on that character and shift him to the batch of non-canonical characters, for whenever we get to those.
Old May 28th, 2020, 01:20 AM

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

I think our general feeling was that we would use the books where the two conflict, but we don't mind adding characters from the movie if they help fill a mechanical hole. You make a good point about Ugluk though.

--
--
--

--
Old May 28th, 2020, 01:25 AM

Not trying to derail things, just going for consistency. Uruk-hai are a somewhat fascinating subspecies to do research on and there appears to be a bit of a difference between Isengarders (the ones at helm's deep and the ones seen in the Fellowship of the Ring) and those that come from Mordor.
Old May 28th, 2020, 03:42 AM

Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I was torn on Lurtz there myself, for the reasons you mentioned. In my initial version, I had both Lurtz & Uglul in the MS before moving Ugluk to wave 1. I could go either way with it myself. Certainly a big discussion and I can't say I have a perfect answer for it.
Old May 28th, 2020, 09:12 AM

Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Ok, here's my proposal:
We move Ugluk back into MS1 & add the squad of 'Uruk Scouts' to MS1. We just removed some figures, so there's some room. Then Lurtz (still in MS1) is just an 'addition' in the same way he was for the film.

Regarding abilities, I'd like to see Ugluk have some sort of movement boost for Uruks / orcs given how fast they ran across Rohan.
Old May 28th, 2020, 09:37 AM

Sounds like a really great direction, gives us more baddies in the master set too which is always really nice.
Old May 28th, 2020, 09:48 AM

Yes this works for me. Lurtz can have some small boost to the squad but he's primarily a heavy hitter, while Ugluk is the actual squad leader with heavier synergy.

--
--
--

--
Old May 28th, 2020, 09:48 AM

OP updated with that change.
Old June 2nd, 2020, 01:25 AM

How much would we hate the idea of finding a cool 3-D printable tree and trying to do some Old Man Willow stuff? It could just be a custom terrain piece with some cool interaction rules but it was a random idea that seemed fun today.
Old June 2nd, 2020, 10:08 AM

Yeah that sounds cool. Maybe an "Old Forest" scenario? Not sure which way would make more sense

--
--
--

--

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > HoME Customs