Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Notices

Old September 21st, 2015, 03:41 PM

Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Ixe's Custom Units

Here's an adaptation for Valkrill.

This is the Lich from Pathfinder Miniatures - Heroes & Monsters:

NAME = Adralmalech
GENERAL = Valkrill
PLANET = Toril
SPECIES = Undead
CLASS = Lich
PERSONALITY = Relentless
SIZE = Medium 5
UNIQUE HERO

LIFE = 3
MOVE = 5
RANGE = 6
ATTACK = 3
DEFENSE = 4
POINTS = 130

ADRALMALECH'S PHYLACTERY

Adramalech begins the game with the Adralmalech's Phylactery treasure glyph equipped.

LICH'S REANIMATION
When revealing an Order Marker on Adralmalech's card, if Adralmalech is destroyed, immediately place Adralmalech on Adralmalech's Phylactery Treasure Glyph and equip that glyph, if possible. Remove all Wound Markers on Adralmalech's card. After using Lich's reanimation, immediately end Adralmalech's turn.

FINGER OF DEATH
After moving and before attacking, you may choose a figure adjacent to Adralmalech and roll the 20-sided die. If you roll an 18 or higher, destroy that figure. Adralmalech's Finger of Death does not affect Undead figures.

NAME = Adralmalech's Phylactery
TYPE = Treasure Glyph

If a figure ends its movement on Adralmalech's Phylactery, that figure's controller may destroy Adralmalech's Phylactery. If they do, destroy Adralmalech.

Adralmalech is a Lich, an undead sorcerer who has traded their life for a dark form of immortality. Lich's retain their magical prowess in their undeath and, if they are destroyed, can simply have their phylactery create a new body for them. They must guard their phylactery, however, for they die immediately should it be destroyed. In addition to these typical traits, the very touch from Aldralmalech can instantly kill any living target.

As a lich, Adralmalech can prove an immortal thorn in your opponent's side. Getting rid of him permanently can be a challenge if they keep Order Markers focused on him, although landing a figure on his phylactery will end his threat immediately. In addition, Adralmalech is not the most threatening and could possibly be ignored for a time. Should the rest of your opponent's army be defeated, the lich won't have the chance to reanimate before they lose. Leveraging off of an initiative switch or missed order marker will similarly let you sweep in and forever end his menace. I like the idea of dropping the phylactery in a safe area in the back that he can safely return to should he be destroyed. Furthermore, as a Relentless hero, he provides a ranged bonding option for the Death Knights of Valkrill. You'll have to give up an order marker to bring the frail hero back should they lose him, however.

As always, comments are greatly appreciated!
Old September 21st, 2015, 08:36 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

This is a very nice way to do this idea Ixe! I'm not so sure how important he will be to an army if he spends much of his time doing little damage or burning up OMs.

I suspect that he may get overlooked in favor of other units, particularly because of his cost and lack of support options, or maybe just more Death Knights. Being thematic will still mean that he can get table time.

Fantastic work as always Ixe!

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old September 30th, 2015, 04:43 PM

Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Here is a hero to lead a group that I previously designed.

This is Enforcers Captain from Deadzone. The miniature is supplied neither assembled nor painted.

NAME = Nadia Richter
GENERAL = Vydar
PLANET = Earth
SPECIES = Human
CLASS = Enforcer
PERSONALITY = Disciplined
SIZE = Large 5
UNIQUE HERO

LIFE = 6
MOVE = 5
RANGE = 6
ATTACK = 3
DEFENSE = 4
POINTS = 120

ENFORCER LEADERSHIP

All Enforcers you control, except Nadia Richter, move one additional space.

ENERGY BLADE 2
If Nadia Richter is attacking an adjacent figure, add 2 dice to Nadia Richter's attack.

GRIM ENFORCEMENT
If a Human who follows Vydar you control within 4 clear sight spaces of Nadia Richter is destroyed by a normal or special from an opponent's figure, you may reveal an "X" Order Marker that is on Nadia Richter's Army Card. If you do, at the end of this turn, immediately take a turn with Nadia Richter.

Nadia Richter is the leader of the Microcorp Enforcers, an elite group within Microcorp tasked with protecting personnel and eradicating threats with prejudice. Nadia is equipped in a more extreme version of the power armor worn by the enforcers, giving her weight that far exceeds her size. Like the enforcers, she is capable from afar and deadly up close with her energy blade. However, she takes her duty one step farther over the other enforcers. Should one of her charges be killed by an opponent she will spring into action and swiftly enact justice.

Nadia Richter is a hardy and versatile hero for her cost. In addition, she carries some extra resiliency against certain strategies since she is considered large despite her height because of her massive armor. She can be a monster to close with in melee and always has an option to attack from range, but her true value comes from her Grim Enforcement. While "X" order marker powers aren't completely free and she must be in range, extra turns with a solid hero like her can be a powerful boon. I don't love that it can happen between your opponents (bonding) turns but I think it should work reasonably enough.

Old September 30th, 2015, 06:17 PM

obfuscatedhippo has disabled reputation

The "Enforcers" are a nice army on their own, especially with Nadia. And I like the female pilot under all that power-armor (nice touch).

Interrupting turns will probably need an FAQ but it is a nice mechanic. Keeping her up with the MicroCorp Enforcers might be a challenge to OM management but sounds fun.

The Enforcers are a little over-priced at 85 points. Maybe a drop to 70?

Squad:
Spoiler Alert!
Old October 1st, 2015, 06:29 PM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

Stirge Swarmers
Pretty fun, quite thematic swarm design. Insatiable Swarm is the real key to let them swarm, though I'm not sure the extra rule about ending next to a Hero is worth the extra wording and hassle as simply "activate 6 figures." Voracious Flying is interesting and thematic, though it doesn't fit well with powers like Air Mastery.

Heiran Falconers
Do you mean it that all Falconers can use Falcon Swoop, or in better words must use or not use together? The default behavior of squads is "all or none" for special attacks unless spelled out otherwise like Pounce. What's the order of actions here? All Falconers Falcon Swoop, then attack normally, or one at a time does both? Interesting group at least. Their defense sucks but they have pretty impressive offensive capability. Plus, Scouts.

Galindel Arrowsong
Really solid ranger design here. Nothing outstanding stats-wise but the animal companion piece definitely brings out the ranger feel.

Ridgeback
Simple, straightforward design that reuses existing powers (or close). I'm a little surprised you limited Boar Spirit to Rangers, but I suppose it's dangerous to allow +1 Life to any Hero. The combination of powers between Ridgeback and Galindel feels classic Heroscape-ish, allowing for other builds but leaning a certain way.

Ursula Firebrand
Solid way to finish off the cycle. Like the others, some cool tricks and probably solid as a hero in a dungeon crawl, but not very effective in Squadscape.

Adralmalech
Offensively and defensively he's weak. But he's also super-hard to permanently kill. If he gets all of your order markers, your opponent needs to either leave him until the end and kill him on the 3rd turn or get the initiative switch on him. I would have to play against him to get a feel for how bothersome/annoying he is.

Nadia Richter
Grim Enforcement is dangerous territory, but you have the wisdom to at least put the turn at the end of the attacking figure's turn. Trying to mix an interrupt turn into the middle of a special attack would be madness. It gets a little weird with Frenzy and other end-of-turn powers, but the "immediately" handles at least most of these. I do like that Grim Enforcement forces Nadia to want to get into the thick of things instead of simply waiting in the starting zone until end game.
Old October 2nd, 2015, 12:02 PM

Lots of comments to go through. Thanks for commenting, everyone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAverageFan View Post
Ursula (heh):Wow, she packs a punch. That SA's one of the strongest in the game, pure damage-wise. I like her.
Multi-attacking specials like Kaemon Awa's will likely deal more damage to a single target (outside of very high defense), but having a big attack like that can still be fun. Glad you like her. I knew a guy whose stepmother was literally named Ursula. Naturally, she was very mean.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flameslayer93 View Post
This is a very nice way to do this idea Ixe! I'm not so sure how important he will be to an army if he spends much of his time doing little damage or burning up OMs.

I suspect that he may get overlooked in favor of other units, particularly because of his cost and lack of support options, or maybe just more Death Knights. Being thematic will still mean that he can get table time.

Fantastic work as always Ixe!
Thanks for the nice comments! It's the kind of unit that would be too annoying if it were actually very good so I'm okay keeping it thematic fun and highly costed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by obfuscatedhippo View Post
The "Enforcers" are a nice army on their own, especially with Nadia. And I like the female pilot under all that power-armor (nice touch).

Interrupting turns will probably need an FAQ but it is a nice mechanic. Keeping her up with the MicroCorp Enforcers might be a challenge to OM management but sounds fun.

The Enforcers are a little over-priced at 85 points. Maybe a drop to 70?
I'm glad you like her. I probably shot a bit high with the enforcers and could safely bring them down a bit, but I'm a little wary of taking them down too much. They are slow by themselves, but they are a tough ranged squad who are monsters in melee. The fact that they are so versatile makes me hesitant to bring them down too much. I'd need to test them to make sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scytale View Post
Stirge Swarmers
Pretty fun, quite thematic swarm design. Insatiable Swarm is the real key to let them swarm, though I'm not sure the extra rule about ending next to a Hero is worth the extra wording and hassle as simply "activate 6 figures." Voracious Flying is interesting and thematic, though it doesn't fit well with powers like Air Mastery.
I could just activate 6 figures but then I'd have to ramp their cost since a 6 figure squad is really powerful. Making it conditional reduces some of that effect and ideally makes you want to wound heroes to take advantage of it. It is probably a bit more marginal and I don't love anti-hero powers, so maybe I'll adopt your favorite wording from the Kozuke Samurai and make it so that the extra activated swarmers can only go if they can move into engagement. I don't see any rules issues with Voracious Flying and Air Mastery (1 fewer defense against Air Elemental) and the theme seems fine to me.

Quote:
Heiran Falconers
Do you mean it that all Falconers can use Falcon Swoop, or in better words must use or not use together? The default behavior of squads is "all or none" for special attacks unless spelled out otherwise like Pounce. What's the order of actions here? All Falconers Falcon Swoop, then attack normally, or one at a time does both? Interesting group at least. Their defense sucks but they have pretty impressive offensive capability. Plus, Scouts.
The goal is that any or all of the activated Falconers can use the attack assuming that specific falconer is not engaged and none of them have moved this turn. Other falconers can attack normally. The idea is that you would use the special with one and then follow up with their normal attack, proceeding on afterwards to the any other of the attacking falconers. I'll look at pounce to tweak the wording.

Quote:
Galindel Arrowsong
Really solid ranger design here. Nothing outstanding stats-wise but the animal companion piece definitely brings out the ranger feel.
I look forward to designing more of this cycle and being able to mix and match companions.

Quote:
Ridgeback
Simple, straightforward design that reuses existing powers (or close). I'm a little surprised you limited Boar Spirit to Rangers, but I suppose it's dangerous to allow +1 Life to any Hero. The combination of powers between Ridgeback and Galindel feels classic Heroscape-ish, allowing for other builds but leaning a certain way.
Since all of the companions will be beasts, I worry about pairing them with the Arrow Gruts to go ahead and make strong heroes like Krug that much more dangerous. Given future companion design, I'd rather avoid unintended interactions with the wider unit pool from otherwise cheap, bonding heroes.

Quote:
Ursula Firebrand
Solid way to finish off the cycle. Like the others, some cool tricks and probably solid as a hero in a dungeon crawl, but not very effective in Squadscape.
Yup. It would probably be pretty bad, but dungeon crawls designed around the full cycle could be kind of cool.

Quote:
Adralmalech
Offensively and defensively he's weak. But he's also super-hard to permanently kill. If he gets all of your order markers, your opponent needs to either leave him until the end and kill him on the 3rd turn or get the initiative switch on him. I would have to play against him to get a feel for how bothersome/annoying he is.
I could see him being extremely annoying which is why he is priced so high. I'm intrigued by strategies of having him drop his phylactery safely within your lines and using him with the Death Knights, bringing him back as needed (although losing a turn in the process may be pretty rotten).

Quote:
Nadia Richter
Grim Enforcement is dangerous territory, but you have the wisdom to at least put the turn at the end of the attacking figure's turn. Trying to mix an interrupt turn into the middle of a special attack would be madness. It gets a little weird with Frenzy and other end-of-turn powers, but the "immediately" handles at least most of these. I do like that Grim Enforcement forces Nadia to want to get into the thick of things instead of simply waiting in the starting zone until end game.
It's a power playing with fire but this unit has no aspirations for wider 'Scape (unpainted figure requiring assembly), so I'm okay playing a little more fast and loose with a power. I think it works reasonably enough right now and gameplay with her should be pretty fun.
Old October 2nd, 2015, 02:03 PM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ixe View Post
Stirge Swarmers

I don't see any rules issues with Voracious Flying and Air Mastery (1 fewer defense against Air Elemental) and the theme seems fine to me.
The weirdness is that they would not get 1 fewer defense against the Air Elemental, since Air Mastery specifically calls out Flying and Stealth Flying.
Old October 2nd, 2015, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Stirge Swarmers

I don't see any rules issues with Voracious Flying and Air Mastery (1 fewer defense against Air Elemental) and the theme seems fine to me.
The weirdness is that they would not get 1 fewer defense against the Air Elemental, since Air Mastery specifically calls out Flying and Stealth Flying.
Right. I guess that's pretty weird. I could go the Taelord route and just call the power flying but change the text, but I don't think I'll change it. Thematically, they are latching on to whoever they land next to anyway. I'd feel more inclined to change it if it weren't for the fact that Stealth Flying has already killed the Glyph of Rannveig anyway. I don't generally hold new designs hostage to some thematic oddities with a few old ones.
Old October 5th, 2015, 04:38 PM

Here is a continuation on what will become my Ranger cycle.

This is Jakardros Sovark from Pathfinder Battles - Rise of the Runelords.

And this is the Hunting Cougar from D&D Miniatures - War Drums.

NAME = Jorvik Grizzlehide
GENERAL = Einar
PLANET = Toril
SPECIES = Human
CLASS = Ranger
PERSONALITY = Fearless
SIZE = Medium 5
UNIQUE HERO

LIFE = 6
MOVE = 5
RANGE = 5
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 2
POINTS = 90

JORVIK'S COMPANION

At the start of the game, you may choose a Unique small or medium Beast Hero you control to be Jorvik's Companion. For this game the chosen Companion's class is Companion instead of Beast. Jorvik's Companion rolls 2 additional attack dice when attacking a figure engaged with Jorvik.

COMPANION BONDING

After revealing an Order Marker on Jorvik, before taking a turn with Jorvik, you may take a turn with Jorvik's chosen Companion as long as it is still under your control.

NAME = Fatalis
GENERAL = Einar
PLANET = Toril
SPECIES = Cat
CLASS = Beast
PERSONALITY = Wild
SIZE = Small 3
UNIQUE HERO

LIFE = 3
MOVE = 6
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 2
DEFENSE = 3
POINTS = 35

CLIMBx2

When moving up or down levels of terrain, Fatalis may triple her height.

DOUBLE ATTACK
When Fatalis attacks, she may attack 1 additional time.

ENDURING COUGAR SPIRIT

When Fatalis is destroyed, place this figure on any Unique Ranger Hero card you control. Fatalis's spirit adds 1 to the normal Attack number on that card when that Hero attacks an adjacent figure.

Jorvik Grizzlehide and Fatalis are an inseparable pair. While Jorvik's depth perception isn't what it used to be, his massive bow is nothing to laugh at. The battle-hardened ranger is even capable of effectively wielding its impressive draw in melee. When he does, Fatalis is right at his side and ready to tear apart any that threaten her master. If she falls, the cat inspires Jorvik to fight on with a new fury and exact a terrible revenge.

As the installment number 2 in the ranger cycle, these two follow a similar beat to Galindel Arrowsong & Ridgeback. This time Jorvik is a stronger and tougher ranger than Galindel who spurs his companion to fight savagely at his side. Fatalis is eager to take 2 extra attack dice with her double attack, but could otherwise function reasonably on her own. The extra attack die from her death is also not unwelcome, although it is more limited since it only applies to melee attacks. If you mix and match between the two, Fatalis also does well as Galindel's companion although the elf ranger is more vulnerable in melee.

Last edited by Ixe; October 12th, 2015 at 11:02 AM.
Old October 5th, 2015, 04:58 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

That's pretty sweet Ixe. I like how the Cougar just rips people apart, and does so even more effectively when her family is in trouble.

Although the melee bonus isn't much on a Ranger, it shouldn't be. This was represented well here.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old December 2nd, 2015, 04:38 PM

It has been a while but it looks like I have a bit more time again so back to posting.

This is the Akata from Pathfinder Miniatures - The Legends of Golarian.

NAME = Yahl Hound
GENERAL = Aquilla
PLANET =
Arctorus
SPECIES = Spirit
CLASS = Hunter
PERSONALITY = Ferocious
SIZE = Small 3
COMMON HERO

LIFE = 1
MOVE = 6
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 0
POINTS = 15

CLIMBx2
When moving up or down levels, a Yahl Hound doubles its height.

INSUBSTANTIAL 4
A Yahl Hound rolls 4 additional defense dice when rolling defense against a normal attack from a figure who is not adjacent.

SHIFTING SPIRITS
You may choose not to start any number of Yahl Hounds on the battlefield and reserve them instead. When a Yahl Hound you control is destroyed, you may replace that figure with a reserved Spirit figure you control, if possible. If you do, you may move any number of Order Markers from this Army Card to the Army Card of the newly placed Spirit.

In the moors of Arcotrus, people have learned to avoid following any ghostly blue lights that may dot the landscape at night: Those that do never return. And should a person find that one of these lights is following them, it is best that they run and hope that they are fast enough. For the few who have faced these spirits and survived, they tell how the creatures can break and reform to attacks. At one instant you may be pursued by a ferocious Yahl hound only to find that the spirit has manifested into something entirely different in the next.

Yahl hounds are a nasty manifestation of a spirit that can hit hard. The insubstantial nature of spirits makes them robust to ranged attacks although they are vulnerable to any other attack. However, a spirit that is destroyed merely reforms into something new and continues its attack. When drafting Yahl Hounds, you have to balance how many you want to start on the battlefield and how many to keep in reserve. In many cases, keeping all but one in reserve is the right call, allowing your hounds to die and keep fighting without losing board position. This balance will get more interesting as more spirits are created, allowing you to take advantage of the Yahl Hounds' speed and then replace it with something sturdier once it dies.

I personally really like the idea of these shifting and reforming spirits although I think they leave a few weird rules interactions. I know zombies and Wolves of Badru effectively negate the shifting spirit power but I'm not as sure about what happens if Tor-Kul-Na tries to Trample Stomp one. I like the idea enough that I'm pursuing the idea regardless despite this question.

Last edited by Ixe; February 8th, 2017 at 09:35 AM.
Old December 2nd, 2015, 05:41 PM

obfuscatedhippo has disabled reputation

Quote:

SHIFTING SPIRITS
You may choose not to start any number of Yahl Hounds on the battlefield and reserve them instead. When a Yahl Hound you control is destroyed, you may replace that figure with a reserved Spirit figure you control, if possible.

Very cool idea! What general does it fight for?

Are there any other "Spirits" that could be brought back instead of a Yahl Hound?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards