Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's
Official Rules & FAQ's Compilation and discussion of official HeroScape Rules and Frequently Asked Questions. **Special attacks never receive any bonuses.**

Old February 20th, 2007, 09:55 PM
The Orc Master

Browncoat is surprisingly tart
Modifying Einar Emperium?

Einar Emperium
Empress Eiova
Raelin

Gift of the Empress Aura - Empress Kiova
When you roll defense dice for any Kyrie that you control who follows Einar and is within 5 clear sight spaces of Empress Kiova, you may re-roll all defense dice that did not show shields. Gift of the Empress Aura can be used only once for each defense roll. Empress Kiova's Gift of the Empress Aura does not affect Empress Kiova.

Defensive Aura - Raelin
All figures you control within 4 clear sight spaces of Raelin add 2 to their defense dice. Raelin's Defensive Aura does not affect Raelin.

The logic I used when selecting these figures for my army is that Raelin adds +2 defense dice to the Einar Emperium (when in range). Empress Kiova would then allow a reroll of those (now 5) dice that didn't roll shields. Did I violate any rules or misinterpret the cards? My army tonight consisted of the above figures and Q9, and it totally rocked!
Old February 20th, 2007, 10:03 PM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Seems like a good idea to me: http://www.heroscapers.com/community...=asc&start=115

~Aldin

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old February 20th, 2007, 10:18 PM
has been BANNED

Stealth Dodge is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
That would be an incredibly slow moving army that could be decimaed by both range and units that bypass defense (Braxas, Hounds, etc)
Old February 20th, 2007, 10:24 PM

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Stealth Dodge,

The army works in a really weird way - you send out Raelin and Kiova first then use Q9 to draw your opponent into the area covered by both of them in which TEI can fight. It's a pain to pull off and requires a ton of discipline, but it can be devestating.

~Aldin, who had this army unravel the other night when he accidentally moved one of TEI out from under the umbrella

to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old February 20th, 2007, 10:28 PM
The Orc Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealth Dodge
That would be an incredibly slow moving army that could be decimaed by both range and units that bypass defense (Braxas, Hounds, etc)
Decimated? I think not. Keep in mind that this army can fly and ignore height, save Q9. But with his range and defense, he doesn't need to move fast.

Q9's defense when modified with Raelin would be 9. That's extremely tough, when Q9 is already a formidable opponent. As for the Emperium, being able to re-roll up to 5 dice for defense in addition to their double attack makes them a solid unit. I faced an opponent with a lot of range in his army, and it really wasn't even a factor. Q9 was destroyed early on, and I still finished the game with all of the Emperium alive, even after Raelin was destroyed.

This army was a test on the theory about a good defense being better than a good offense. I was impressed with it to say the least.
Old February 20th, 2007, 10:44 PM
has been BANNED

I take it your opponent didn't take armies that could bypass defense
Old February 20th, 2007, 11:11 PM
The Orc Master

As a matter of fact, yes. He did use the Hounds. One of them managed to plague Raelin, and inflict a wound. It didn't matter though. They were the first unit I destroyed.

I hate to turn a thread asking a question about the rules/interpretation of cards into discussing tactics, but here goes:

The figures you refer to that bypass defense must roll the D20 to do so. This is the luck element of Heroscape, and there's little anyone can do to defend against such attacks no matter what figures you select. I could remove the topic units, and insert just about anything in their place, and you could still ask the question, "What about units that bypass defense?"

Sure, we all hold our breath as the D20 bounces around, hoping that our units won't be Mind Shackled, Plagued, or whatever else tumbles our way. I play most of my games against a friend who does just that: Sits there and prays to the dice gods that his special D20 trickery works. In the meantime, I just advance my units and open a can of Whoop-Ass(tm).

There are many different ways to play the game, and people like different things. I'm a no frills kind of guy, and would much rather have a straight forward army with good base stats over something fancy where I'm relying on the random good luck roll of the D20 to shift things in my favor.
Old February 21st, 2007, 12:05 AM
has been BANNED

Rolling a D20 in all reality is no different than rolling attack and defense dice. Not all D20 rolls take incredible luck to roll. Take Braxas, her chance of poisoning a small/medium non hero are better than rolling a skull with an attack die
Old February 21st, 2007, 12:27 AM
has been BANNED

K/H_Addict costs too much!
Quote:
Rolling a D20 in all reality is no different than rolling attack and defense dice. Not all D20 rolls take incredible luck to roll. Take Braxas, her chance of poisoning a small/medium non hero are better than rolling a skull with an attack die

so you're saying that dice-rolling is skill? Even with the 8/20 to kill, the EI could still prevail. Why don't you set up a mock-game using browncoats army and an army you devise that bypases defense and post the results?
Old February 21st, 2007, 12:29 AM

SD,

Nope, I've never taken that army against Braxas. I have, however, seen Braxas get worked by Q9 several times so I wonder how it would play out.

~Aldin, who nonetheless after several playtests has decided the army is too fragile for a tournament

to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old February 21st, 2007, 12:43 AM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth
Quote:
If the army is defending an area (say, a castle), then the Einar Emperium can go out to meet the enemy at the gate while staying in range of the two kyrie heroes. Order markes on the EE only! With two squads, that's a very potent defending army at 450 points.

Old February 21st, 2007, 01:31 PM

loborocket rolls all skulls baby! loborocket rolls all skulls baby! loborocket rolls all skulls baby! loborocket rolls all skulls baby! loborocket rolls all skulls baby!
I played against an army like this recently at a tournament. It was ok but not as overpowering as you might think. I ended up losing the battle points wise (but not by a huge amount). And lasted the full 1 hour play time. My amry consisted of: AE, Krav, 4th Massx1, Tarn Vikings, Ne-Gok-Sa, and Ralin. Nothign that bypassed defense.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's