Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News
HeroScape News Sightings, HeroScape.com updates, official news, etc.

Old September 16th, 2010, 05:36 PM

Mrspy is surprisingly tart
Re: PreNovember PreRelease D&D Wave 3 Speculation & Informat

Quote:
Originally Posted by NilfheimPwns View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mysterium View Post
I have to agree with chaosover. My guess is that most people saw the big, scary image of Mimring on the front cover and old commercials and thought "total beast". He's a beast, but is more of a hit and run type than an up-front, menacing beat-sitck (Krug, kind of Jotun). Since Moltenclaw is the name of the wave, I'm guessing he has something big working for him. I'm guessing 180-210, since I think that's always been the cap on dragons. But then, what about how he fights? We have fire, ice, acid twice, fire-lines, fireballs, breathless (Braxas took it away...so beautiful). But what for Moltenclaw. I think it's going to to be something totally, utterly, fire related. I hope he's durable, decent attack, and maybe something like changing terrain to lava rock. Essentially, a tank. Something tells me though we'll be waiting awhile for him though... Please Guru? Please?
Someone said something about a cone of fire, so I'm thinking like a combination of majestic fires and fire line.
Dude that would be insane!!!!! Lol, this is probably NOT going to happen buuuuuut "range 8 all figures ajacent to all people affected by *blank* is also affected by *blank* all common squads roll 2 less defense, all hero's roll 1 less defense. lol! Totally not gonna happen but thought i'd say my all time dream dragon.

Einar's the BOMB!!!
Old September 16th, 2010, 06:47 PM

NilfheimPwns is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrspy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by NilfheimPwns View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mysterium View Post
I have to agree with chaosover. My guess is that most people saw the big, scary image of Mimring on the front cover and old commercials and thought "total beast". He's a beast, but is more of a hit and run type than an up-front, menacing beat-sitck (Krug, kind of Jotun). Since Moltenclaw is the name of the wave, I'm guessing he has something big working for him. I'm guessing 180-210, since I think that's always been the cap on dragons. But then, what about how he fights? We have fire, ice, acid twice, fire-lines, fireballs, breathless (Braxas took it away...so beautiful). But what for Moltenclaw. I think it's going to to be something totally, utterly, fire related. I hope he's durable, decent attack, and maybe something like changing terrain to lava rock. Essentially, a tank. Something tells me though we'll be waiting awhile for him though... Please Guru? Please?
Someone said something about a cone of fire, so I'm thinking like a combination of majestic fires and fire line.
Dude that would be insane!!!!! Lol, this is probably NOT going to happen buuuuuut "range 8 all figures ajacent to all people affected by *blank* is also affected by *blank* all common squads roll 2 less defense, all hero's roll 1 less defense. lol! Totally not gonna happen but thought i'd say my all time dream dragon.

That's not exactly what I meant...

More like You choose one space and all of the surrounding spaces are affected or something.

Old September 16th, 2010, 06:51 PM

Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness

It wouldn't have to be 8 range, but I could see it with a range of 4 or 5.

Old September 16th, 2010, 06:54 PM

Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Here is some Red Dragon combat qualities:

In combat, red dragons are exceptionally dangerous. Proficient in magic, they are also very fast in the air, but somewhat clumsy, so they prefer to do their fighting on the ground. They often spend years designing battle strategies, and will wait patiently until the precisely best moment to call upon them. Their massive blasts of fire end most battles before they truly begin, however. As a result, red dragons will use their powerful breath weapons as their favored method of attack, followed by power strikes from their massively powerful bodies, followed by magical attacks.

Many red dragons hoard women and children in their lairs, along with their wealth. They have the 'power of persuasion', which means they can get someone to do anything, as long as the opponent's mind is weaker than the dragon's. As a result, they often convince the chieftains of villages outside their volcanoes to give them sacrifices of young girls.

Come check out The Essalim Collate, a content platform centered around worldbuilding and narrative design in gaming!
Old September 16th, 2010, 07:07 PM

nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Wow. I slept for six hours, went to work for eight, came home and fed my kids, and this has somehow followed a tangent into a debate over the merits of Utgar's dragons. You guys rock!

Oh, and for the record, in a standard format 1on1 match up, Mimring can really tear up a start zone. He's pretty lethal, with a threatened area of 14 spaces. He's the original dragon, and while he overshadowed by his bigger kin, he's always been my fave.

And I expect that Moltenclaw will have a special attack with range similar to Nilf/Oth/Brax. I hope it's something a bit more creative than just an explosion attack. I could see maybe an Att - 3/Range - Special, in which he targets a space within whatever range, and any figure on that space or an adjacent one must defend.

Last edited by nate the dawg; September 16th, 2010 at 07:15 PM. Reason: forgot something.
Old September 16th, 2010, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majora's Incarnation View Post

In combat, red dragons are exceptionally dangerous. Proficient in magic, they are also very fast in the air, but somewhat clumsy, so they prefer to do their fighting on the ground. They often spend years designing battle strategies, and will wait patiently until the precisely best moment to call upon them. Their massive blasts of fire end most battles before they truly begin, however. As a result, red dragons will use their powerful breath weapons as their favored method of attack, followed by power strikes from their massively powerful bodies, followed by magical attacks.

Many red dragons hoard women and children in their lairs, along with their wealth. They have the 'power of persuasion', which means they can get someone to do anything, as long as the opponent's mind is weaker than the dragon's. As a result, they often convince the chieftains of villages outside their volcanoes to give them sacrifices of young girls.
So he'll have Mind Shackle?

That would be hilarious, a dragon with mind shackle, along with flying, fast, and have a realy cool fire specials attack.

Of course that's just a guess.

Einar's the BOMB!!!
Old September 16th, 2010, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nate the dawg View Post
Wow. I slept for six hours, went to work for eight, came home and fed my kids, and this has somehow followed a tangent into a debate over the merits of Utgar's dragons. You guys rock!

Thaaaaaaaanx!! Lol. It was me who started it. lol

Einar's the BOMB!!!
Old September 16th, 2010, 08:14 PM

Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby! Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby! Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby! Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby! Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Quote:

Weird. I distinctly remember Flameslayer starting it.

*Quietly hopes for others to pick up on this to accomplish my evil goal of hijacking this thread even further*

-Kaiser "The Wicked Mastermind" Cat

Spoiler Alert!
...In the Dream Cave...
Old September 16th, 2010, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Cat View Post
Quote:
Quote:

Weird. I distinctly remember Flameslayer starting it.

*Quietly hopes for others to pick up on this to accomplish my evil goal of hijacking this thread even further*

-Kaiser "The Wicked Mastermind" Cat
Aww you had to bring up that post :P

Einar's the BOMB!!!
Old September 16th, 2010, 09:11 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

I think Moltenclaw will have Lava Resistant. Beyond that, his stats will be good, but not godlike. Maybe he can splash lava like the Moltarns.

Old September 16th, 2010, 09:21 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Majora's Incarnation View Post

So he'll have Mind Shackle?

That would be hilarious, a dragon with mind shackle, along with flying, fast, and have a realy cool fire specials attack.

Of course that's just a guess.
MC can't have Mind Shackle unless KMS gave him her amulet(or NGS's). Mind Shackle is really just a fancy piece of 21 karot jewelery so to speak.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old September 16th, 2010, 09:23 PM

chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness

A nifty idea for a warforged hero with synergy I came up with.
XXXXX

Warforged
Unique Hero
xxxx
xxxx
medium 5

life 8
move 6
range 1
attack 4
defense 2

Tactical Movment
before taking a turn with xxx you may first move up to 6 different warforged soldiers you control 5 spaces each.

Tactical Intervention
When a Warforged you control that is not xxx recieves enough wounds to be destroyed within 5 clear spaces of xxx, xxx may exchange places with that warforged. Instead of the targeted warforged taking the wounds xxx takes one wound. Any figure moved by Tactical Intervention does not have to take leaving engagement attacks.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News