Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Marvel Maps & Scenarios
Marvel Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios built primarily for Marvel terrain and figures.

Notices

Old December 31st, 2008, 03:49 PM

stumpy_man is surprisingly tart
Stumpy_man's Marvel Map Thread

Here is Flooded Ruin. I haven't play tested it yet but would appreciate some feedback on it as I plan on submitting it for the BoM. Thanks.

Flooded Ruin: 1 Marvel, 1 RotV, 1 FotA, 1 RttFF

http://www.heroscapers.com/community...o=file&id=1133

Last edited by stumpy_man; January 1st, 2009 at 07:27 PM.
Old December 31st, 2008, 03:55 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: Stumpy_man's Marvel Map Thread

Your link is broken. Here's the correct link:
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...o=file&id=1133

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old December 31st, 2008, 04:01 PM

Whoops thanks! Fixed.
Old December 31st, 2008, 05:24 PM
Has A Ticket To Ride

EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Looks like a lot of fun. Just wondering, does a figure have good LOS from the highest point or do the trees/pillars block LOS well? Also, what does the map require?

~ET86

Quote:
Originally Posted by lwayman View Post
Classic-Scape is just the Frosting for the Marvel-Scape cake!
Old December 31st, 2008, 05:55 PM

pti8 is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by EternalThanos86 View Post
Looks like a lot of fun. Just wondering, does a figure have good LOS from the highest point or do the trees/pillars block LOS well? Also, what does the map require?

~ET86
1 Rotv, 1 Marvel, 1 FotA, and 1 RttF.

The map looks like a lot of fun to play Stumpy. I really need to get a marvel set.
Old December 31st, 2008, 06:33 PM

joe5joe7 knows what's in an order marker joe5joe7 knows what's in an order marker joe5joe7 knows what's in an order marker

I like it, the only thing that kinda bugs me though is that the road is just inthe middle of noware, IMO it should go to the end of themap so it looks like it keeps going. just my two cents

A wizard is never late, nor is he early. He arrives precisely when he means to.
Old December 31st, 2008, 10:07 PM

Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I aggree with joe that it should lead off the map. Also I noticed that previous maps (Tower bridge and El) had the road 3 hexes wide at all times but that doesn't really matter but it'll look a little more themeatic to have it the same. Just my .

-Vitm

"I disagree. You're kind of right, yes, but Vydar and I are entirely right." -superfrog

High Quality Map Rendering
Vydar's Custom Units
Vydar's Maps
VC Units Base Size Spreadsheet
Old January 1st, 2009, 12:28 AM
Mayor of Scape City

peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I agree with the others. I've been noticing that the Hasbro maps never have obvious start zones, but the BoV are always obvious. I think we have become so accustomed to the BoV style, that we are forgetting that every map doesn't have to have a 24 hex piece attached as a start zone. My 2 cents. Looks like a fun map.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE 2013 "BEAT BY XANTH" CLUB
and Minas Tirith Campaign from Lord of the Rings today.
Old January 1st, 2009, 07:18 PM

Thanks for the feedback. I did want to make the road go the whole way but did not have enough pieces. I tried to add a little bit to one starting zone to make it look like the road was in disrepair and was being overgrown. Maybe I'll try to do that throughout the whole road to reinforce the theme of an old, ruined city that has been flooded.

As for the line of sight question, the two places on the map where only a flier can go is the highest castle section on one side of the map and the shorter castle section on the other side. Both of these spots are surrounded by trees and other castle to provide plenty of cover. Like I said I haven't play tested it yet so I don't know for sure but I hope to get some play in on it within the next week or so. The map was designed a bit more for mixed play than exclusively Marvel battles.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Marvel Maps & Scenarios