Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Scapers Online
Scapers Online Discussing the online HS community

Notices

Old August 18th, 2022, 08:31 PM

Invidrius knows what's in an order marker Invidrius knows what's in an order marker
Smile Introduction Thread!

I saw there was a re-introduction thread going for veterans returning thanks to Age of Annihilation, so I figured I’d get the ball rolling for newcomers like myself to introduce ourselves to the community! I’ll go first

Hello everyone! I’m Invidrius! If you frequent Avalon Hill’s discord server, then odds are you’ve seen me by the user name In-Vidir-Us, where I am very active. I started playing Heroscape back when Rise of the Valkyries first came out with a small group of friends. Shortly after Swarm of the Marro came out, my local toy store stopped carrying Heroscape and my friend group dropped Heroscape altogether, despite my efforts. Though my time with Heroscape was only a couple of years, it left a huge impression on me that led me to playing other wargames such as warhammer 40K and Necromunda(where My Ne-gok-sa figure had glamorous career as a rogue psyker for hire)

As an adult now with big boy money to spend on hobbies and a leadership position in a growing local war gaming community, I’m looking to get back into Heroscape and drag as many people I can with me!

I look forward to becoming an active and contributing member of this community and only wish I had known about it all those years ago
Old August 19th, 2022, 07:22 PM
Will Paint For naGrub...

orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Introduction Thread!

Hey, great to see you! If you have any questions, just ask
Old August 19th, 2022, 09:21 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Invidrius View Post
I saw there was a re-introduction thread going for veterans returning thanks to Age of Annihilation, so I figured I’d get the ball rolling for newcomers like myself to introduce ourselves to the community! I’ll go first

Hello everyone! I’m Invidrius! If you frequent Avalon Hill’s discord server, then odds are you’ve seen me by the user name In-Vidir-Us, where I am very active. I started playing Heroscape back when Rise of the Valkyries first came out with a small group of friends. Shortly after Swarm of the Marro came out, my local toy store stopped carrying Heroscape and my friend group dropped Heroscape altogether, despite my efforts. Though my time with Heroscape was only a couple of years, it left a huge impression on me that led me to playing other wargames such as warhammer 40K and Necromunda(where My Ne-gok-sa figure had glamorous career as a rogue psyker for hire)

As an adult now with big boy money to spend on hobbies and a leadership position in a growing local war gaming community, I’m looking to get back into Heroscape and drag as many people I can with me!

I look forward to becoming an active and contributing member of this community and only wish I had known about it all those years ago
What part of Long Island? There are plenty of Scapers in the Long Island/NYC area.

Old August 20th, 2022, 06:49 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

Welcome to the site!

Our New York City Gang of Four plays every month here in Brooklyn, as we have been for the last 14 years. Our next game is Wed. Sept. 21. If you want to see what we're up to, just hit my signature line to be transported to our world. The front of the thread has our group intro, the back has our most recent custom scenario. I can also host games on the weekend.
Old August 21st, 2022, 07:09 PM

Invidrius knows what's in an order marker Invidrius knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by orgsbane View Post
Hey, great to see you! If you have any questions, just ask
Thanks! Will do!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taeblewalker View Post

What part of Long Island? There are plenty of Scapers in the Long Island/NYC area.
I’m in Nassau, but can travel to suffolk for meet up’s and stuff!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chas View Post
Welcome to the site!

Our New York City Gang of Four plays every month here in Brooklyn, as we have been for the last 14 years. Our next game is Wed. Sept. 21. If you want to see what we're up to, just hit my signature line to be transported to our world. The front of the thread has our group intro, the back has our most recent custom scenario. I can also host games on the weekend.
Cool! Not sure how often I’d be able to head into the city, but it sounds fun!
Old October 18th, 2022, 11:01 PM

Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness

This thread seems worthy of continuation as more people continue to join the site.

As is the case for probably most people here, I was introduced to Heroscape by a friend who owned it. A while later, my brother and I bought both master sets when Swarm of the Marrow came out and then regularly played and expanded from there. I never heard of this site or spent much time on the Internet as dial-up was not easy to share with six other family members.

Just randomly back in April of this year, I thought about Heroscape again, got out all our old stuff, introduced it to my wife and in-laws, bought a whole bunch more stuff, learned how to actually use order markers, and found this fantastic site. It's been a good resource, and I have enjoyed reading up on the customs. It was also great timing to find out about the new release here!

I am greatly hoping for a successful return of Heroscape, but regardless of what happens, I have enjoyed the collective excitement!

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Scapers Online