Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News
HeroScape News Sightings, HeroScape.com updates, official news, etc.

Notices

Old September 1st, 2020, 01:32 PM
Aargh! Pranked again!

JoutnFAN77 wears ripped pants of awesomeness JoutnFAN77 wears ripped pants of awesomeness JoutnFAN77 wears ripped pants of awesomeness JoutnFAN77 wears ripped pants of awesomeness JoutnFAN77 wears ripped pants of awesomeness JoutnFAN77 wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Rest in Peace Revdyer

Rev's obituary.

JFAN is... waiting.... waiting... waiting... waiting...
Old September 1st, 2020, 06:49 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Never met Revdyer but I've been witness to his impact on the community here. Seemed like a good guy, one who will be missed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elstree View Post
Edit: As a measure of his impact on this community, he has over 13,000 posts, the second highest on the site - despite not having posted in the past five years.

Just a correction here, 13,000 posts isn't the 2nd highest on the site. I know several C3G members have more than that. IamBatman crossed 100,000 somewhat recently, Ronin has 17,000, Quozl is at 24,000, A3n 19,000, Tornado 27,000, etc. Most of my own post count came after Rev was less active on the site though. He certainly had a huge impact on the early years here.
Old September 1st, 2020, 08:00 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Yeah Rev was number one in posts for a long time. He’s like 25th now, though.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old September 2nd, 2020, 12:16 PM
Web Wader

Fallen Templar is surprisingly tart

Well this is some horrible news, I met Rev at my first Gencon in 2010. A wonderful man, whose passing makes the world a little less bright.

"The fact is that a man who wants to act virtuously in every way necessarily comes to grief among so many who are not virtuous."- Niccolo Machiavelli

Old September 2nd, 2020, 12:37 PM
Doesn't need a special title anymore

Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
Just a correction here, 13,000 posts isn't the 2nd highest on the site.
You're right, of course. I figured out what happened: I first found his name in the "R" section of the member directory, then sorted by post count. I thought I was sorting everybody, but it turns out I was just sorting within usernames starting with R.
Old September 2nd, 2020, 01:05 PM

Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Sorry to read about Revdyer

I feel fortunate to have be able to play him at Gen-Con. The best part of the story was, Rev being a rev his army were all Winged Angles "Sentinals" and my army was the complete opposite. I had all red winged devils " Minions ".

It was the battle of Good and Evil. Everyone that came by got a kick out of the match up.

We were lucky he was part of our Heroscape community.

Tree Town Open

Austi-Con / Austin MN
Saturday - October , 2023
Old September 2nd, 2020, 07:53 PM
Ruler of the Damned

Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun

Good by old friend. I'm better for having known you. I will miss you, but we'll meet again!
Old September 3rd, 2020, 10:35 AM

nyphot rolls all skulls baby! nyphot rolls all skulls baby! nyphot rolls all skulls baby! nyphot rolls all skulls baby!

I am so saddened by this. I never met him, but found him inspiring. In 2009, Taeblewalker organized a competition to create a GenCon-type exclusive. Following the tradition of creating exclusives based on prominent Heroscapers, I asked for and received permission to create one based on Rev.

2 quick notes:
1. I am not quite sure why he wears red when the rest of the MacDirks wear green. It was his suggestion, so who am I to argue with it?
2. In terms of gameplay, it was asked whether a player could reveal the same order marker twice in response to Keen Insight. Yes, you can! I couldn't think of a better way to concisely word it at the time, and I don't think I have the original file anymore so can't easily edit it now anyway (otherwise I would probably add Valkrill now).

If you like or dislike this figure, you can send me a PM. I don't want to derail this celebration of Revdyer, but this was the best tribute I thought I could post.

I need you to be awesome. Can you be awesome?

Thanks to AmishBurrito for a promo code and Gulp for sending wound markers!
Old September 3rd, 2020, 11:22 AM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyphot View Post
I am so saddened by this. I never met him, but found him inspiring. In 2009, Taeblewalker organized a competition to create a GenCon-type exclusive. Following the tradition of creating exclusives based on prominent Heroscapers, I asked for and received permission to create one based on Rev.

2 quick notes:
1. I am not quite sure why he wears red when the rest of the MacDirks wear green. It was his suggestion, so who am I to argue with it?
2. In terms of gameplay, it was asked whether a player could reveal the same order marker twice in response to Keen Insight. Yes, you can! I couldn't think of a better way to concisely word it at the time, and I don't think I have the original file anymore so can't easily edit it now anyway (otherwise I would probably add Valkrill now).

If you like or dislike this figure, you can send me a PM. I don't want to derail this celebration of Revdyer, but this was the best tribute I thought I could post.
I had a blast running those competitions. This takes me back.

Old September 3rd, 2020, 04:04 PM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I remember when my family moved from Cali to Tennessee, driving the whole way, and Dave was kind enough to meet us and spend some time as we passed through Little Rock. RIP, Rev, you are missed.

~Aldin, sadly

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old September 3rd, 2020, 06:15 PM
GenCon 2014 Main Event Champ / Obsessive-Compulsive HS Storage Organizer

R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth

Revdyer and I we’re pretty close for a bit.

Truly sad to hear that he passed; he was a great guy

A must read for all 'Scapers!
Old September 5th, 2020, 02:17 AM

Skeletor knows what's in an order marker Skeletor knows what's in an order marker Skeletor knows what's in an order marker

So sad peace be with you Scapper

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News