Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Battle Reports
Battle Reports Reports of your Heroscape Battles

Notices

Old November 20th, 2009, 10:52 PM

Brewster rolls all skulls baby! Brewster rolls all skulls baby! Brewster rolls all skulls baby! Brewster rolls all skulls baby! Brewster rolls all skulls baby! Brewster rolls all skulls baby!
Brewster's Battles - 5/22 MI vs OH Border Battle 2nd Place!

Currently my Tourney record is 16W-13L

See the latest post for the latest battle

------------------------------------------

ORIGINAL POST:

Romans:
4x Legos
2x Archers
MDG
410 pts

Glads:
4x Capuans
Retarius
Crixus
460 pts

Result 1:
In a close combat brawl, Romans destroy Glads without Spartacus' bonus

Game 2:

Same teams, but add Spartacus to Glads' team.

Result 2:
Glads demolish all Legos w/o casualties. Lose Ret near the end, but that's it.

Hypothesis/Conclusion:

Glads x3
Spartacus
Retarius/Crixus
500pts

Will be a good army versus romans, I barely used my fourth squad of glads, nor did I move Spartacus or Crixus and still demolished 'em.

Steamroller wins w/ Spartacus bonus. Retarius's net trap is not too bad either. Crixus' defense is pretty irrelevant in a melee brawl with so many other units.

I highly recommend Spartacus gets an upgrade in the power rankings. nevermind, I see he's gotten a better ranking :P

Last edited by Brewster; May 22nd, 2021 at 10:56 PM.
Old November 20th, 2009, 11:17 PM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth
Re: Brew's Testing: Romans V. Gladiators

Two games is hardly enough of a sample size to draw any conclusions.

-insert signature here-
Old November 21st, 2009, 10:05 AM

Brewster rolls all skulls baby! Brewster rolls all skulls baby! Brewster rolls all skulls baby! Brewster rolls all skulls baby! Brewster rolls all skulls baby! Brewster rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Brew's Testing: Romans V. Gladiators

True, but I don't do this for a living :P It was only a small conclusion, though an obvious one. Gladiators benefit from Spartacus, who knew?

EDIT:

Besides, this was just a few fun games last night, nothing too fancy.

Last edited by Brewster; November 21st, 2009 at 10:17 AM.
Old November 22nd, 2009, 05:54 PM

Re: Brew's Testings

A few games:

3x Yari
3x Harq
Kato - 500 pts

vs.

4x Legos
3x RA
MDG - 465 pts

Ashigaru win

_________

4x Repulsors
4x Axgrinders
Zetacron - 500 pts

vs.

Q9
2x Rats
4x Stingers - 500 pts

Dwarves&Repulsors win

_________

4x KoW
Raelin SotM
Gilbert - 500 pts

vs.

4x Dwarves
Migol
Isamu
Raelin RotV
Marcu - 500 pts

KoW win

Charos
4x 4th Mass - 490 pts

vs.

3x Mohicans
BA
Mittens
3x Venocs

4th win

3x Glads
Spartacus
Retarius

vs.

MDG
4x Legos
2x RA

Glads win

Last edited by Brewster; November 22nd, 2009 at 06:11 PM.
Old November 10th, 2019, 11:53 AM

Brewter's Battles

We had a Michigan Vs Ohio battle at Findlay with 12 competitors.

Format was 400-pt General Wars w/ Wandering Monster

The army I brought was

4x Axegrinders 280
Mogrimm Forgehammer 120
TOTAL 400

My final Record was 4-2

Round 1 vs Father of Julian with Zombies, 2 Zombie Hulks, and Rats
LOSS
"We had them in the first half, not gonna lie." I underestimated this army when I had made several initial squad kills, but for the last half of the game he regained advantage with Zombies Rise Again, gaining ~43 points on me every time he killed a dwarf. We went to time, and the points did not shake out in my favor. Father of Julian is always a hard battle, a great player and really fun with the banter. Defeat!

Round 2 vs Q9, KMA, and Siege
WIN
I have to admit, I'm always afraid of Q9 even if I adore the figure. My strategy was to bum-rush Q9 and get it dead as fast as possible since I get +1 dice against it. Eventually I was able to take it down, and Victory followed shortly after. Siege was a tough one to crack, though. Win!

Round 3 vs Arktos, Varkaanans, B-11s, and Bol
WIN
I was pretty confident going into this one, as the bulk of the army was Large. It was a tough fight once the B-11's showed up, and the very last B-11 only had to deal with 1 Dwarf and Mogrimm, but fortunately I won the last initiative and victory was mine.

Round 4 vs Shades, Phantom Knights, Frost Giant, and Isamu
WIN
The PKs were a tough match as their Stealth Flying always seemed to mean they had height on me no matter what. Fortunately though my rolls were decent and we cleaned up. Another win!

Round 5 REMATCH vs Father of Julian
WIN
After underestimating the Zombies for Round 1, I wasn't going to forget that against this army, it's not over 'till it's over! I had to play very tight to win this one, and I was extra careful never to give up height if I could, because my average stats were dependent on the zombies not matching up. I also focused my attention on any groupings of 3 Zombies, as I knew killing one would mean I could rest assured that a third would be too slow to join the fight and Onslaught me.

Round 6 FINALS vs JU with Stingers, Tul-Bak-Ra, and Nagrub filler
LOSS
This was an insanely close game. The terrain played a major role as there were 2 big spots for height and I was hellbent on rushing up the hills before the Stingers solidified a position up there. My downfall, I think, was Twofold. One being I didn't play as solidly against Tul-Bak-Ra as I could have, and the reinforcements teleporting in were huge. Two, was JU is far too good at knowing when to drain and when not to. He played insanely well, and that won him the game. Good Game!

Sorry I don't remember the username of everyone for their particular army, but if you were there and played me let me know!
Old May 22nd, 2021, 10:36 PM

Re: Brewster's Battles - 11/9 MI vs OH Border Battle 2nd Pla

We had a Michigan Vs Ohio battle in Whittmore with 8 competitors.

Format was 505-pt 2-cards Max with pick-a-glyph
Rats, Q9, Raelin, and some other OP C3V stuff had to be mutually exclusive to armies.

The army I brought was

Wildwood Monarch 140
2x Wildwood Sentinel 200
2x Wildwood Runner 80
2x Deathreavers 80
TOTAL 500

My final Record was 3-1

Round 1 vs Kyle Mackie with Dreadgul Raiders x2, Valguard, Jotun, Guilty McCreech, Isamu
WIN
Securing a Move +2 and Def +1 Glyph with my rats, I was able to gain high ground and slowly attrition my way to victory with the Wildwoods. I also think I got rather lucky to not lose too many figures at key points of the battle, one Wildwood Sentinel sitting pretty on 1 life for an unreasonably long amount of time.

Round 2 vs Richard Spitzer with Mass x2, Sentinels of Jandar x2, Concan, Samuel Brown
WIN
I have to admit, armies like this one are the reason I ran Rats x2 over Raelin v1. The mass were the thing I prioritized taking care of in this match. Once again I secured a +2 Move and +1 Defense glyph early and used my rats to quickly engage Mass until my Wildwoods could move in and bash face. Once the ranged units were taken care of, it was another war of melee attrition to kill the sentinels and Concan.

Round 3 vs Hydra x2, Kelda, Raelin v1, and Krav Maga Agents
WIN
This was a scary one, as Kelda and Raelin mean I have to prioritize 2 targets before the Hydras, otherwise I'm wasting my time trying to kill something that just gets healed again. Rats took a move glyph once again, the other being a heal glyph this time, so it was useless for my low-life army. I tangled up the KMA quickly with Rats and beat em up with Wildwoods. Then I was lucky to one-shot Raelin with my Monarch. With Kelda preoccupied with Rat engagements, I took advantage of her absence and smashed one hydra before he could heal it, before taking care of Kelda, and finally the last Hydra, which put up a pretty deadly assault on my Wildwoods while I frantically killed the healer.

Final Round vs Nik Becker with 2x Minions, 2x Stingers, Su-Bak-Na
LOSS
This matchup was like the Sentinels and Mass matchup, but worse for me, as unlike Sentinels, Minions were easily able to kill my Rats off glyphs. Not to mention that in losing initiative, I was unable to secure the +2 move glyph even temporarily. I moved in my Wildwoods and was able to kill all the Minions, but unfortunately by that time all my Rats were dead. Unable to tangle down the Stingers, they danced circles around my Wildwoods until they were all dead.

In the end I got 2nd Place, not bad, as I was not entirely sure Wildwoods would be competitive despite doing rather well during playtesting. In the end I think the army is quite competitive, provided you are capable of dealing with Ranged units. It is my opinion that they are one of the strongest melee armies out there, able to steamroll and 1-for-1 near infinitely. In an all melee setting I would have stuck with Raelin v1 as my last 80 points and I believe I could take down any opponent handily. In a mixed meta with strong range, anything which can deal with Rats and also provide a strong ranged offensive will probably decimate Wildwoods time and again.

Scape On!
Old May 23rd, 2021, 09:15 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth
Re: Brewster's Battles - 5/22 MI vs OH Border Battle 2nd Pla

Good to see the Wildwoods do so well! I’m a little surprised you opted for an additional sentinel rather than more runners. Did you notice times when you weren’t able to upgrade because you’re runners kept getting killed (since you only
Had 2)?

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old May 24th, 2021, 02:33 PM

Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Brewster's Battles - 5/22 MI vs OH Border Battle 2nd Pla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Heroscape View Post
Good to see the Wildwoods do so well! I’m a little surprised you opted for an additional sentinel rather than more runners. Did you notice times when you weren’t able to upgrade because you’re runners kept getting killed (since you only
Had 2)?
We had a rule of only two cards per figure. He was stuck with only two runners.

What GenCon taught me was to assume only one skull on three dice!

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Battle Reports