Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > HoME Customs
HoME Customs A place for Heroes of Middle Earth Customs

Notices

Old December 18th, 2015, 01:23 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!
Re: HoME General Discussion Thread

Ok, I agree that we should hash out the designs in order. Gandalf(Grey)pretty much done, hobbits, and the rest of the fellowship at first, and then develop other sets down the timeline of the story. I also liked the Gandalf the Grey design you guys had up there, not sure where that got twisted. I had planned on seeing how he played the other night, but my jobs would not permit me the time. Perhaps this saturday. I'm glad to hear that there is some flexibility in how we go about things. I'm excited for these designs.
EDIT: If we get something great going on, and we progress to the level of HOSS, C3V,C3G,etc. Maybe the mods will give us a subforum. For now we can go about getting our first set(the Fellowship) completed.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old January 1st, 2016, 08:03 PM

KingZombie is surprisingly tart

Whew....looks like this is still active. I'm a 'Scaper who tried heroclix...but really liked the elegance of scape so I'm back. I love LoTR and would love to help out although I don't know how much help I would really be....

Work hard, play harder!
Great traders: beholderthedm,mecha frog, Shoe
Old May 18th, 2016, 07:58 PM
Never Forgets

laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby!

FYI if you guys ever do a Tom Bombadil, Heroclix Volstagg looks great if you just give him a new hat.

life's short, why not make an impact on the world? make some peoples lives better, have a few good laughs, and then when it's all over go out with BANG!
Old October 23rd, 2017, 08:27 AM

Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

If anyone is interested in picking up LOTR Heroclix figures...
https://minneapolis.craigslist.org/d...344959616.html
Old April 10th, 2020, 05:18 AM

Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Hi, looks like this thread has been dead for awhile, but I thought I'd show my custom cards I made using the stuff you all worked on however long ago (Not sure how well they'll load from Google Drive). Let me know if you ever decide to start back up, I'd love to contribute.

I found it all here by the way: https://www.heroscapers.com/communit...&postcount=675

Last edited by Splash; June 17th, 2020 at 12:38 AM. Reason: hmm.. pics don't seem to work?
Old April 10th, 2020, 01:55 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splash View Post
Hi, looks like this thread has been dead for awhile, but I thought I'd show my custom cards I made using the stuff you all worked on however long ago (Not sure how well they'll load from Google Drive). Let me know if you ever decide to start back up, I'd love to contribute.

I found it all here by the way: https://www.heroscapers.com/communit...&postcount=675

When I tried to get this up and running awhile back, I was let known that what I wanted to help create here was unwelcome and the original creators want to control every aspect of this thread. They are ok with it dying instead of allowing other creative contributions. You may want to just make a customs thread of your own. There are alot of LOTR customs out there including my own. You can find them in my signature. Happy scaping, and have fun. Welcome to the site.

Old April 10th, 2020, 02:48 PM
OHS S40 and VCheese #2 Champion

boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Just popping in to say that Gandalf has incredible, possibly OP synergy with Ana Karithon. Seems like it could be a lot of fun.

Tournament Record:126-52 Online record:67-34
Peoria IL Monthly Tournaments

Old April 10th, 2020, 07:59 PM
Heroscapers Project Extraordinaire

White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by boromir96 View Post
Just popping in to say that Gandalf has incredible, possibly OP synergy with Ana Karithon. Seems like it could be a lot of fun.
Hey boromir! It's been a while.

I did one test with Gandalf, Tandros, and Ana. I'm not sure what version/price of Gandalf I used.
Old May 13th, 2020, 12:03 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
When I tried to get this up and running awhile back, I was let known that what I wanted to help create here was unwelcome and the original creators want to control every aspect of this thread. They are ok with it dying instead of allowing other creative contributions. You may want to just make a customs thread of your own. There are alot of LOTR customs out there including my own. You can find them in my signature. Happy scaping, and have fun. Welcome to the site.
Hi TREX. I read through your last few posts and I think you're mischaracterizing things.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old May 13th, 2020, 12:04 PM

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

This project suffered from several different things all at the same time.

I think it would be cool to revisit this project if anyone is still interested (especially the original members). I think the keys will be a streamlined process and a unified agreement on the desired design aesthetics. I'll explain what I mean with another post soon.
@Son of Arathorn @Xorlof @infectedsloth @White Knight @boromir96 @Good Pig (on leave) @faure @Joseph Sweeney @elvenwizard9

--
--
--

--
Old May 13th, 2020, 12:37 PM
"like" happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
Hi TREX. I read through your last few posts and I think you're mischaracterizing things.
What I posted is the impression that was given. There is nothing wrong for calling it for what it is. If you guys want to start up the project again and get it going, have fun doing so. I have no interest in doing customs projects on here anymore. I was just letting the guy know so he didnt waste his time. In the future if you want to actually succeed with a customs project allow more than just a couple people to have fun helping design and test the designs and not control everything to just your point of view. Just because some of you had the idea to make a LOTR project years ago doesnt mean you alone get to make the "official" cards for them. I have no hard feelings on this subject and wish you all the best in restarting this project if and when you do. Have a good day.

Old May 14th, 2020, 12:32 AM

Okay, here is my promised post regarding design aesthetics.

There is a complexity spectrum in customs in Heroscape. It is actually more complex than just one spectrum*, but for purposes of our conversation it mostly works to call it a spectrum.

On one end you have cards like this:
Iron Man by Hasbro

and this Iron Man by Sherman Davies

And on the other end of the spectrum you have cards like this
Iron Man (Avengers) by C3G

and this
Iron Man (Mark IV) by C3G

A few more examples, for completeness...
Spoiler Alert!

I think one of our problems before was that some of us were trying to push more towards the C3G level of complexity (complex, detailed powers that tried to capture all the minutiae of a character) rather than the Sherman Davies / Matt Helm level of complexity (simple powers that cut to the core essence of the character). There's nothing wrong with the C3G level of complexity in itself (I like their cards and play with them sometimes), but they don't feel consistent with what we have in Classic 'Scape. Since the goal was to be compatible with Classic 'Scape I think there's a mismatch there.

We also had process problems, maturity problems, etc. but it seems to me that some of our conflict was over this kind of conflict around how we should be approaching the designs in the first place.

I'm curious to hear thoughts from others; maybe I'm way off-base here.

EDIT: I'm not sure how much of this describes why we were having conflict and how much of it describes where I would want to go with revisiting the project.

--
--
--

--

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > HoME Customs