Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Marvel News
Marvel News Hasbro-released news, store sightings, etc. specific to Marvel HS

Old February 21st, 2007, 02:58 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth
Quote:
Originally Posted by ej
Galactus... the terrain expansion...

Nooo... I don't think so.

Let's all pretend this was never said... 'k?
That would be awesome. I mean, sure, $20 for one figure seems expensive, but look at the Colossal Dragons from D&D. I think Galactus would be kickass.
Old February 21st, 2007, 03:38 PM

ProSpecT is surprisingly tart
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ugly-Caco
I dont think marvelscape will have a 2 spaced figure sometime. Not until they make Galactus HAhahaha.
Galactus, two spaces? How about two-spaces each foot!

I mean, he's about 4-5 times the size of a human. So he should be between 20 and 25 high. Now THAT is huge!
I thought he was more like in a sense "Godzilla" Big....? I would be fine if he wasn't as big as he is supposed to be though because It wouldn't be fun having to lug him around everywhere.

Old February 21st, 2007, 03:41 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProSpecT
Quote:
Quote:
I dont think marvelscape will have a 2 spaced figure sometime. Not until they make Galactus HAhahaha.

I mean, he's about 4-5 times the size of a human. So he should be between 20 and 25 high. Now THAT is huge!
I thought he was more like in a sense "Godzilla" Big....? I would be fine if he wasn't as big as he is supposed to be though because It wouldn't be fun having to lug him around everywhere.
Well, Galactus eats planets. He would have to be, quite literally, a one-man army. Around 600 points. So, really, if you were bringing an army with him from place to place, all you would need to lug around is him.
Old February 21st, 2007, 03:49 PM

ProSpecT is surprisingly tart
Yes, but how boring would that be... I dunno really don't know what to say other than that would be boring. just boring.

Old February 21st, 2007, 04:06 PM
regurgitation cynic

Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Well, Galactus eats planets. He would have to be, quite literally, a one-man army. Around 600 points. So, really, if you were bringing an army with him from place to place, all you would need to lug around is him.
More than 600 points. I'd say more around 1000. You'd want it to be enough that Silver Surfer and the Fantastic Four could fight him on even terms. If done right, that could be a lot of fun.
Old February 21st, 2007, 04:08 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipse
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

More than 600 points. I'd say more around 1000. You'd want it to be enough that Silver Surfer and the Fantastic Four could fight him on even terms. If done right, that could be a lot of fun.
I was just thinking that. Guessing each FF member is about 150 points, I put Galactus at 600. I forgot to average in The Silver Surfer, who most reckon is about 300. So I would say between 900 and 1000 is a good price for The Big Guy.
Old February 21st, 2007, 07:04 PM
Master Custom Creator

Doc_Savage is surprisingly tart
Well there's plenty of Galactus figures to use for customs... Toys, Heroclix...

"Just let the dirt shower over you" - Brennan Huff
"Do Good, Avoid Evil" - Charles N. Mahlman
Check out my Custom Cards
Check out my blog: http://docsavagetales.blogspot.com/
Old February 21st, 2007, 07:05 PM
"Mr. Zettian Handshake"

Jonathan knows what's in an order marker Jonathan knows what's in an order marker
I really hope they don't go "cosmic" with this, at least on the proper power scale, 'cause the sculpt would be cool but the gameplay would be silly.

"Who are you?"

"I'm Galactus."

"Oh, okay, I'll be the Beyonder then."

"Wow, so do we both win or both lose? Did you bring your rulebook?"

"How about if I pick Thanos with the Infinity Gauntlet instead?"

"Okay."

"So I win, right?"

"Yup."

"Game 2?"
Old February 22nd, 2007, 03:06 PM
has been BANNED

jcb231 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc_Savage
How is it that no one took a picture of the back of the box????

I haven't seen one anywhere...
Erik forgot to take one, he said so in a post on the other thread.

I bet it wasn't that interesting anyway....probably just another photo of the same setup that was on the shelf.

As for Galactus, I'd LOVE to see a Galactus figure for this game, especially since we're getting Silver Surfer and (one assumes) will get the Fantastic Four. I'm picturing a huge figure that comes in at around 400 points all by himself, but with special rules that limit the types of actions he can take in a turn. Activating more than 250 or so points with one marker could be VERY unbalancing, so any figure that costs too much more than that would have to have limitations on how they move, attack, use special abilities, etc.

Basically I think Galactus should be an army in one figure. You could place order markers on different parts of a large card. Maybe you want to attack three times, or move twice and attack once, or use a special ability once and attack twice, or whatever. I think that would be very reasonable.

I also don't think he'd have to be made "in scale" as that would be ridiculously huge...in some comics I think that an "in scale" Galactus would be about the sixe of a grown man, if not larger, standing next to the heroscape map. Just make him big, with a good solid base that takes up several hexes. Perhaps if he was about 30 high? If he's the biggest thing in the game by a solid margin, that'll be good enough for me.
Old February 22nd, 2007, 03:22 PM
regurgitation cynic

Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcb231
I also don't think he'd have to be made "in scale" as that would be ridiculously huge...in some comics I think that an "in scale" Galactus would be about the sixe of a grown man, if not larger, standing next to the heroscape map. Just make him big, with a good solid base that takes up several hexes. Perhaps if he was about 30 high? If he's the biggest thing in the game by a solid margin, that'll be good enough for me.
I've got it. Rather than release a Galactus figure, the expansion will come with a Galactus COSTUME! You'll cover yourself with little hexes and your friends will control another army that can move all over you and attack!
Old February 22nd, 2007, 03:42 PM
LNoE Hero or Zombie?

ej knows what's in an order marker ej knows what's in an order marker ej knows what's in an order marker
Quote:

I've got it. Rather than release a Galactus figure, the expansion will come with a Galactus COSTUME! You'll cover yourself with little hexes and your friends will control another army that can move all over you and attack!
See, people keep saying these things, these... hurtful, hurtful things, and now they're out there... and the universe has to contend with those things.

Ow.
Old February 22nd, 2007, 05:13 PM
regurgitation cynic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ej
Quote:

See, people keep saying these things, these... hurtful, hurtful things, and now they're out there... and the universe has to contend with those things.

Ow.
Hehe. I do love when a joke resonates with JUST the right mix of horror and humor

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Marvel News