Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old May 19th, 2017, 08:09 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!
Re: The Spellbook of Mesmerize - Danger Room Playtesting

Okay, in all my experience with it before and after the change, I wouldn't be comforable with more than 30. However, I'm reasonably okay with that, so I Propose Final Editing at 30 Points!

Oh, and if any Heroes looking here could also check out the vote for Final Editing for Mordo and Hypnotise in Mordo's book, I'd greatly appreciate that.

~Lazy Orang, noting that TrollBrute got the exact opposite of her luck - not that it blocking things is unlikely, but 6 times in a row is a major statistical anomaly.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old May 19th, 2017, 08:15 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!
Re: The Spellbook of Mesmerize - Vote for Final Editing

It may be a good idea to wait a minute before proposing anything. I know you're eager to move on and put Mordo behind you, but you're not really speeding things up by calling for votes before anyone's had a chance to discuss anything.

(I don't know that anyone's going to object to 30 too strongly, but you're inevitably going to get another discussion about where the points should be, and it'll be happening in the middle of a vote now, which always complicates these things)
Old May 19th, 2017, 08:18 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
It may be a good idea to wait a minute before proposing anything. I know you're eager to move on and put Mordo behind you, but you're not really speeding things up by calling for votes before anyone's had a chance to discuss anything.

(I don't know that anyone's going to object to 30 too strongly, but you're inevitably going to get another discussion about where the points should be, and it'll be happening in the middle of a vote now, which always complicates these things)
In all my experience with testing the spell, 30 is the highest I'm happy with in its present form, and since I doubt dok and co. will support going lower, further discussion at this stage doesn't feel like it will be productive. We've found what seems like an acceptable middle-ground, neither group is likely to move further either way, let's just go with it.

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old May 19th, 2017, 08:18 PM
Who ISN'T One of My Brothers??

TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: The Spellbook of Mesmerize - Danger Room Playtesting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Orang View Post
~Lazy Orang, noting that TrollBrute got the exact opposite of her luck - not that it blocking things is unlikely, but 6 times in a row is a major statistical anomaly.
On the flip side, I didn't test it against any Magical Defense figures or anyone who can deal additional wounds on an attack, or even anyone with Master Manipulator or another power that can trigger based on wounds, so the value in my games was less than it could have been.

On the other, other hand, I didn't play it against high-range figures or units with good SAs, so it won't always have that value. I really think we could use at least one more set of tests here, focusing on the spell, without Hypnotize or Mordo. It's possible that my games are an outlier, or that yours are an outlier, and a bunch more wins at 30 points would mean it's worth more than that.

".... the Cambridge ladies do not care, above
Cambridge if sometimes in its box of
sky lavender and cornerless, the
moon rattles like a fragment of angry candy"
Old May 19th, 2017, 08:21 PM

TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
We've found what seems like an acceptable middle-ground, neither group is likely to move further either way, let's just go with it.
I'm not willing to compromise on balance. I really don't want to add anything more to the reeval list.

Old May 19th, 2017, 08:22 PM
Hard as ice

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrollBrute View Post
Quote:
We've found what seems like an acceptable middle-ground, neither group is likely to move further either way, let's just go with it.
I'm not willing to compromise on balance. I really don't want to add anything more to the reeval list.
And I'm not willing to add a spell that is overpriced and useless, and in my experience of the spell, 30 is the ceiling for the present version being worthwhile.

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old May 19th, 2017, 08:26 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

I'll run a few games here and see how it goes. Should be able to knock em out pretty quickly.
Old May 19th, 2017, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
And I'm not willing to add a spell that is overpriced and useless, and in my experience of the spell, 30 is the ceiling for the present version being worthwhile.
Can I just ask this: how often do you think it will block a wound?

Old May 19th, 2017, 08:36 PM
Hard as ice

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Can I just ask this: how often do you think it will block a wound?
The answer to that varies wildly on the match-up. My guess would be approximately 50% of the time, maybe a tad over but there is no way to answer specifically. If I'm facing off against a low level attack, it more likely than not will. If I'm being smashed by someone like Thor, it most likely not - though either way, it could still easily defy expectations and go the other way. In my games, it still resulted in the caster taking wounds from attacks of two - unlikely, but not too far out on the bell-curve. The fact that it only works against the one attack per turn now drastically reduces its potential in most matchups, and while there'll be a handful where it would likely overperform (i.e. vs. Fists of Fury), this is nothing new they now really are few and far between and costing it on the basis of those seems unfair, and will price it out of regular play.

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old May 19th, 2017, 09:57 PM

I think 50% is underestimating things, and I think the tests back that up, but let's go with 50. Preventing a wound on A MD figure is worth 40-70 points or so, just dividing points by life number. Add in the potential for preventing powers/blocking additional parts or attacks, and 30-40 sounds like a good estimate. I'm not asking for a raise above 30 yet, but I'd like to see more tests.

Old May 19th, 2017, 10:45 PM
Hard as ice

Another thing to bear in mind is that assuming that all the time that an attack is blocked when Mesmerise is used, the attack is being blocked by Mesmerise, is a false equivalence - a number of times, the attack would have simply been blocked anyway, which is why I've always rolled the excess dice that would have been rolled normally when testing this spell. Just because you blocked the attack after using Mesmerise doesn't necessarily mean the spell helped you in any way, shape or form - I feel like this is something that's been forgotten when looking at the results since most people don't roll the extra dice, and it has resulted in inflating the actual effect of the spell to something far greater than it actually is by counting each time an attack was blocked on its use as a wound blocked by Mesmerise.

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old May 19th, 2017, 11:10 PM
Symbiotic

C3G STANDARD PLAYTEST FEEDBACK FORM

NAME OF THE PLAYTEST UNIT: Mesmerize @30

Army Test
Map: Custom
Units: Doctor Fate, Wong, Mesmerize (410) vs Red Skull, Raven (410)
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
Units: Doctor Fate, Wong, Mesmerize (410) vs Punisher, Batgirl (Cass), Robin (Dick) (410)
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
Units: Scarlet Witch, Jubilee, Mesmerize (375) vs Doctor Doom (375)
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
Units: Selene Gallio, Jubilee, Mesmerize (450) vs Doctor Fate, Rover (450)
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
Units: Selene Gallio, Jubilee, Mesmerize (450) vs Doctor Fate, Rover (450)
Spoiler Alert!

THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT'S COST, BALANCE, & DRAFTABILITY: I'll leave analysis to others for the moment because it's a little late for me. Critical thinking is a problem for tomorrow Ronin.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library