Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Miniatures
Other Miniatures Miniatures games besides Heroscape.

Notices

Old July 13th, 2020, 08:49 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth
Re: Frostgrave, Halo Ground Command and other tabletop minis

Sounds like you got a ton of value out of that bottle of resin @TREX .

As far as my Mando, something like from the TV show would be cool. Just go with your judgement.

Thanks!

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old July 17th, 2020, 09:58 AM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post
Sounds like you got a ton of value out of that bottle of resin @TREX .

As far as my Mando, something like from the TV show would be cool. Just go with your judgement.

Thanks!
Yeah. Im quite impressed at the value and am only getting better at it. Im getting more and more out of each print bed as well. Ive gotten the hang of using some of the 3d programs much better and am designing and modding a bunch of figures to print. I always loved doing figure mods with greenstuff and sculpting actual minis along with kitbashing. Whats cool about 3d modeling is I can "kitbash" most any file to add to my model. Right now Im working on my squad of rebel veterans that will be primarily twileks. I also made some Ithorians posed to ride some taun tauns. Im having as much fun making the models as printing them out and painting them. Its so much fun. After Im finished with them Ill for sure post pics.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old July 18th, 2020, 02:55 AM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

@Hahma . Just wanted to show you some files I had been Remixing into my two new sets of files for my Ithorian Rebel Tauntaun Riders, and my Ryloth themed Twilek Rebel Vets. I'm still putting together their coordinated trooper that has the separate card.
Here are Images of what the files look like in my slicer after I've done the work.

I already have them ready and scaled. I'll be adding the support systems on them probably later today and then I'll be printing a set or two of each. Let me know what you think.

Old July 18th, 2020, 08:21 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Those are cool @TREX . Seems like the potential for that printer is huge.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old July 18th, 2020, 10:04 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Wow, where did you get those scans?
No wonder your prints turn out so awesome.
Old July 18th, 2020, 11:06 AM
"like" happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Wow, where did you get those scans?
No wonder your prints turn out so awesome.
Those arent scans. I modeled those out of other files in blender. I posed the characters and added all their accessories. Pretty fun stuff. Im going to add supports and print some of them today if I can. The base figures for the troopers are sculptris dummies by arian croft on thingiverse. The added stuff is off of model resource and thingiverse. I also had to decimate the model of the tauntaun to get the file size down enough to add to it without it freezing my computer up.

Old July 18th, 2020, 11:48 AM

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Impressive. You have a real talent.
Old July 18th, 2020, 12:57 PM
"like" happy

Quote:
Impressive. You have a real talent.
I'm just learning, but it is coming along pretty quickly. None of the files were sculpted by me though. I just remixed them, posed them, and made them into usable files I could print for Star wars legion. What is really great about putting stuff together in the 3d programs is the kitbashing possibilities. There is tons of stuff on thingiverse that can be scaled and added to the models to make them something new. I'll post the files for others to print afterwards once I know they are good enough after I print them a few times. I've also remixed a bunch of Storm Troopers and other units I can post too.

Old July 18th, 2020, 01:14 PM

So you are more like Photoshop-ing the various files. Very cool.
Old July 18th, 2020, 04:57 PM
"like" happy

Quote:
So you are more like Photoshop-ing the various files. Very cool.
Yeah. Its pretty much like that in a way. Using this method can get pretty much anything I want for printing because of the vast amount of files available on the internet. It still does take a bit of skill to arrange them but its something anyone can do with limited knowledge.

Old July 18th, 2020, 04:58 PM

Cool. So is the software like Photoshop then?
Old July 18th, 2020, 09:25 PM
"like" happy

Quote:
Cool. So is the software like Photoshop then?
Kind of. I mainly use blender right now. It seems as complex as photoshop. Im a pro at photoshop but havent got this one down even remotely close to that but have figured enough out to be able to edit and cut models as well as combining multiple stls and object files together.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Miniatures