Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Notices

Old April 20th, 2015, 04:22 PM

betawolf36 rolls all skulls baby! betawolf36 rolls all skulls baby! betawolf36 rolls all skulls baby! betawolf36 rolls all skulls baby! betawolf36 rolls all skulls baby! betawolf36 rolls all skulls baby!
The Book of Red Ants of Aunstrom

The Book of Red Ants of Aunstrom

Soldiers of Valhalla

Printer-Friendly PDF

Basic Side Card:
Spoiler Alert!

The figures used for this unit are Dungeon Crawler Minis figures from the Omens set. The name of the figure is Giant Ant.

Character Bio: With the alliance dissolved and Valkrill's forces spreading death and destruction through the lands, Einar looked to neighboring lands to gather fresh troops. Einar's empire had long held an uneasy peace with the Red Queen and her kingdom of giant ants in Aunstrom. Some have said that the Red Queen was a normal queen ant that once drank from a wellspring; its magic greatly increased both her size and her intelligence. Her offspring are the size of wolves and unusually intelligent, and have proven to be a formidable force on the battlefield. The Queen herself has learned to speak in Kyrie tongues, and knows of the destruction that Utgar has brought to lands like Anund.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Special powers
HORDE ATTACK
You may attack with any 4 Red Ants of Aunstrom you control, even Ants that did not move this turn.

CUTTING MANDIBLES
Each Red Ant of Aunstrom that did not move this turn may add 1 die to its attack.

CLIMB X3
When moving up or down levels of terrain, Red Ants of Aunstrom may triple their height.

-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • TBA.

-Combinations and Synergies-

Synergy Benefits Offered
  • KNIGHTS OF BLACKGAARD : Relentless Army Attack Bonus
    Having a Relentless personality, Red Ants of Aunstrom may aid the Knights of Blackgaard with their RELENTLESS ARMY ATTACK BONUS
    *NOTE: See The Book of Knights of Blackgaard for proper application.

Synergy Benefits Received
  • KHOSUMET THE DARKLORD : Relentless Assault
    Having a Relentless personality, Red Ants of Aunstrom may benefit from Khosumet the Darklord’s RELENTLESS ASSAULT attack bonus.
  • MARCUS DECIMUS GALLUS : Soldier Leadership
    As soldiers, the Red Ants of Aunstrom can benefit from Marcus Decimus Gallus’ SOLDIER LEADERSHIP movement bonus.
  • MARCUS DECIMUS GALLUS : Soldier Attack Enhancement
    As soldiers, the Red Ants of Aunstrom may benefit from Marcus Decimus Gallus’ SOLDIER ATTACK ENHANCEMENT attack bonus.
  • MELLIFERA: Frenzied Swarm 14
    As a Common Insect, after a Red Ant of Aunstrom you control attacks a figure within 4 spaces of Mellifera with a normal or special attack, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 14 or higher, that Red Ant of Aunstrom may attack again with a normal or special attack.

Synergy Imposed
  • WARDEN 816 : Evisceraxe Special Attack
    As small figures, the Red Ants of Aunstrom are immune to Warden 816's EVISCERAXE SPECIAL ATTACK.

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
- TBA

Power Ranking & Master Index
4-figure squads that only cost 10 points per figure can’t be that bad, but the Red Ants don’t really have any particularly good matchups. C+

Unit Strategy Review

Last edited by betawolf36; December 16th, 2023 at 08:43 PM. Reason: Added Mellifera to Synergies
Old April 24th, 2015, 05:31 PM

CrazyTankster rolls all skulls baby! CrazyTankster rolls all skulls baby! CrazyTankster rolls all skulls baby! CrazyTankster rolls all skulls baby! CrazyTankster rolls all skulls baby! CrazyTankster rolls all skulls baby!
Re: The Book of Red Ants of Aunstrom

Should I get a fifth squad of ants?

That aside, what about an army consisting of
Red Ants x5
Marcus Decimus Gallus
Arashara Goshiri
500 pts

It's lacking range, but hopefully Arashara can help make up for that with shifting sands to reposition, and what better unit to swap with than a 10 point Red Ant?
Old April 25th, 2015, 03:27 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

I'd prefer switching Arashara for Kaemon and Raelin, or something similar.

3x Red Ants 120
2x Romans 220
MDG 320
MBS 370
Kaemon 490
Isamu 500

Would be another option.
Old April 26th, 2015, 01:42 AM

redcometx knows what's in an order marker redcometx knows what's in an order marker redcometx knows what's in an order marker

I see there should be a link to the .pdf, but there is no link there. Is the .pdf version still being worked on?
Old April 26th, 2015, 01:49 AM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by redcometx View Post
I see there should be a link to the .pdf, but there is no link there. Is the .pdf version still being worked on?
Yes, hopefully it will be done soon.
Old April 26th, 2015, 02:51 AM
A Jacquee in Disguise?

Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyTankster View Post
Should I get a fifth squad of ants?

That aside, what about an army consisting of
Red Ants x5
Marcus Decimus Gallus
Arashara Goshiri
500 pts

It's lacking range, but hopefully Arashara can help make up for that with shifting sands to reposition, and what better unit to swap with than a 10 point Red Ant?
Arashara is rarely worth using without a bonding squad, and she's especially worthless for an army of (almost) nothing but ants. That's just a whole lot of nothing you're wasting turns on most of the time. Even if you try to shift Raelin or something into a vulnerable spot, it's still too slow and too telegraphed to really matter the vast majority of the time.

My Repaints and Mods: Updated 1-13
My Custom Cards: Updated 4-15
My Custom Superheroes: Updated 1-13
My figure images for online games:
Alliance figures, Utgar figures
My Etsy Store
Old April 27th, 2015, 11:32 PM

Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death!

The Giant Ant miniature for this is quite expensive. Even just a minimal 3 squads would cost in the $40 range, plus shipping (if anybody still had them in stock). Ordering directly from DungeonCrawler.com would cost $120 unpainted or $192 painted, since the Giant Ant only comes in a set with a raven, a coffin, and a dog.

At first it seemed that we could repaint some of the black ants that C3V is using, but I've read that they are rubbery and don't take paint well.

Were these things lots cheaper and more plentiful when this unit went into testing? Or does the SoV selection process not assess pricing/availability in the same way that C3G does? I was pretty excited when I saw the card, but the minis not being realistically obtainable is quite a downer.

Good traders: tdemirji, AbsintheAddict, Blubberguy22, Toa Matoro, SuperSamyon, Bl1ndsn1per, Ericth74,
Clipper423, Oh Freek, Nikkomon, DarthBaggins, quizzcode, Astroking112 & more on my trade list
Old April 27th, 2015, 11:36 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

They were much more available when this unit was submitted. Unfortunately, that company has gone through some hard times recently, as far as I can tell. They cancelled their last planned line at the last minute for no reason. I don't know what is going on with the company, but it isn't good.
Old April 27th, 2015, 11:39 PM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

Auggies had literally thousands when the unit was submitted (two years ago). Many unpainted, but lots painted too.
Old April 27th, 2015, 11:46 PM

Buddy412 knows what's in an order marker Buddy412 knows what's in an order marker

Is there a cost efficient way to get the miniatures for this unit? You only get one ant for $16 in the"Omens" set. That seems awful.

Edit: I know about the C3V ant sale, just wondering why those miniatures were not used initially if their availability is so much better.

Online HS record: 5-5 after two events
Live HS record: 4-2 2nd place after one event
Old April 27th, 2015, 11:50 PM
This is merely a joke.

Maybe @dungeoncrawler could help us out?

We would love if you produced a bunch of the Giant Ants. Like several hundred. Is that a possibility?
Old April 28th, 2015, 12:07 AM

Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy412 View Post
Is there a cost efficient way to get the miniatures for this unit? You only get one ant for $16 in the"Omens" set. That seems awful.

Edit: I know about the C3V ant sale, just wondering why those miniatures were not used initially if their availability is so much better.
But you get just as many pugs, coffins, and ravens when you purchase the ants. It's only a matter of time until SoV/C3V turns those into squads.

It's nothing new that the figures have blown up in price/shrunk in availability since they were first announced/proposed to the SoV. I've taken to just scouring the world for worthy proxies, and I've saved a nice chunk of change.

Handle origin: I used to film comedy skits with my friends. I didn't want any cursing in them, so I made up new insults, like "dendrik". Then Sir Denrick came out, and the rest is history.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs