Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old January 19th, 2010, 08:49 PM

AnakinOU has disabled reputation
Unhappy Small house fire...how to replace my 'Scape?

See also: http://www.geekdo.com/article/4514304#4514304

Long story short, my HS collection is pretty much ruined. Anyone have a stockpile of "everything HS" they're looking to get rid of, cheap?

I guess I'm just looking to commiserate w/ fellow Scapers. Let us mourn the loss of a fine collection...and those of you who still have all your goodies, break em out this weekend and play a round for me.
Old January 19th, 2010, 08:52 PM

dart48 knows what's in an order marker dart48 knows what's in an order marker
Re: Small house fire...how to replace my 'Scape?

That stinks. I wish I could help.
Old January 20th, 2010, 07:44 AM
Did you know that 5 exclamation points is a sign of insanity?

Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

My heart bleeds for you. A nearly perfect collection and... it's gone. What can I say? The only silver lining is that you don't have to have it ALL back before you can start having fun. Your loss is tragic, but getting up and playing again doesn't have to cost that much.

No, I don't want to sell my HS (and you don't want to pay shipping.) You might want to head over to the trades thread to see if they can give you any joy. Perhaps troll through the sighting and sales and see if there are any sellers.

We do see the rare "I'm selling everything, mwah hah hah" thread. But think about it. Anyone who wants to sell all their HS is obviously insane, do you really want to do business with them???
Old January 20th, 2010, 07:47 AM
Wrecker of Wednesdays

clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Dude that sucks. I'm not really in a position to help, but I feel your pain.

Try your area Craigslist, I found a complete ROTV for 6 bucks.

73 tournaments. 175 - 145 - 1 overall record. 6 tournament wins.
Old January 20th, 2010, 07:47 AM
Watch out - he's a meme drunk!

Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Can your homeowner's insurance do anything about it?
Old January 20th, 2010, 08:35 AM

TnT2 knows what's in an order marker TnT2 knows what's in an order marker TnT2 knows what's in an order marker

That truly sucks. I've almost completed my collection (ok, let's not kid myself, it will never be complete, I'll always want one more of something...)

And we had a small flood in our basement. Carpet and walls ruined. Luckily it was not sewage (the hot water tank leaked - and slowly).

So, the Heroscape is fine. Plastic bins for the win. But, I shuddered to think what it could have been.

Good luck in your replacement search - it took me about 6 months to build up my collection - but show patience - big collections do come up for sale. Check out the marketplace on BGG as well.

Good Luck
Old January 20th, 2010, 10:13 AM
No Soup or Happy Endings For You!

CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

So, according to the link, it's just smelly, right? None of the Scape was actually burned or melted?

Old January 20th, 2010, 11:03 AM

AnubianWolf88 rolls all skulls baby! AnubianWolf88 rolls all skulls baby! AnubianWolf88 rolls all skulls baby! AnubianWolf88 rolls all skulls baby! AnubianWolf88 rolls all skulls baby! AnubianWolf88 rolls all skulls baby!

Anakin:

I had a fire in November '07 that took 1/3 of my house. When all was said and done, we ended up better off, but my book collection's value ended up covering the difference. I am slowly recovering my First Edition Heinlein, Goodkind, King, and Robbins.

My 'Scape was saved because it was in a part of the house separate from the fire, and the smoke damage was simply soot, and cleanable.

There are a few options out there for cleaning your stuff and your place:

Your stuff (non-textile) Serv-Pro and Servicemaster and one other...can't remember name. These guys are ALL questionable and will try to clean things that would be cheaper to simply replace. Work closely with your insurance in handling these guys. But they can save your 'Scape if it only got soot on it. They can save your bed, but not your mattress, if it is wood or metal (not pressed board/MDF.)

Your dwelling: Find a construction company specializing in Restoration services. In DFW, I recommend Way Construction. Could NOT have survived the rebuild of my home without them. They will clean walls, floors, etc. and get the smoke smell to be COMPLETELY GONE.

Textiles: Gunn's Restoration in DFW. All clothes not scorched can be cleaned.

Good luck! PM me if you have questions...some of these guys are a necessary evil and very shady. I cannot stress that enough.

AnubianWolf88

Currently playing:
Dixit; Catan; Pastiche; and waiting for my copy of Critical Mass to arrive from Arcane Wonders!

Dum Vivimus, Vivamus!
Old January 20th, 2010, 03:56 PM

winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Well, I have a few odds and ends laying around that I would be willing to send to ya. I have some extra heros from D&D Master, EoV, the 3 Glads... It isn't much, but I would rather they go to someone who needs them. If you are interested, send me a PM with your address and I will ship them out to ya.

I'm sorry to hear about your loss, but considering how bad things could have been, I'm glad the worst you have to deal with is replacing a few odds and ends and some 'Scape. I am thankful you and your family are okay!

Let me know if you are interested!

Chuck Norris checks under his bed for Q9...

Check out my
customs, maps and mods!

Trades Here.
Old January 20th, 2010, 04:09 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

I see people listing their entire collections for sale in the sighting and sales section as well as on Ebay. Your best bet to rebuild the collection is to buy large lots of used figures and tiles all at once. Sorry to hear about your loss, hope you gets some insurance money out of it.
Old January 20th, 2010, 04:36 PM

AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

After doing a recent calculation of how much I've spent on my HeroScape collection, I've considered adding it to my home-owners insurance.
Old January 20th, 2010, 08:07 PM

AnakinOU has disabled reputation

Thanks for all the kind words and advice, guys. We're already in contact with insurance and cleaners, and things are moving forward on that front. We've begun washing all our clothes (those that are washable, at least) and we're getting better results than I expected. My wife's purses, our luggage, and all our shoes will likely need to be replaced.

As much of the smoke was from burning plastic, that's apparently the biggest problem re: HS. Smoke/soot from burning plastic is apparently acidic, and if it gets on other plastic, it doesn't come out. You can clean it, but the smell will come back. I have all the HS stuff airing out in the garage, and it seems like much of it could end up salvageable. The worst so far seems to be the ice and snow tiles. Luckily, most of my figs were in Ziplock baggies (sorted by faction, of course) so they should be OK.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion