Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > TV
TV Not Heroscape-related.

Old October 2nd, 2008, 07:29 PM

Red_Sox_1 is surprisingly tart
Re: Sports: MLB

The Sox starting pitching is SO good, especially in the shorter ALDS. That is why this team will go deep in the playoffs, as starting pitching is the key. Bay looked calm, and the whole team (aside from Lowell and Drew, because of their recent injuries) looked really fresh. Those of us who have followed this team long enough know that when they get hot, there is no stopping them. That 8th inning had great defense for us (Ellsbury diving in center and Youkilis throwing out Vlad from short right), and overall it looks like Masterson has the poise to be good out of the 'pen for years.

It sounds like Beckett had a successful side session and should pitch game 3.
Old October 2nd, 2008, 08:27 PM
You can't go wrong with [insert thing you can't go wrong with here]

spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyys View Post
Oh and in case I forget to mention this, I want to put out there for the record how much my wife rules. She's a pretty big fan herself (not to the hysterical fanaticism I'm at mind you) yet she took one for the team (me) yesterday and dealt with our 4-week old all night.

That is very cool. Nothing like a good wife to back her husbands obsessions .

I actually watched both of the championships by myself. All the years of waiting for a championship and I had no one to share it with (my wife and daughter were both sleeping). Again, life away from Massachussetts.

"A good teacher is like a candle: it consumes itself to light the way for others." -Anonymous
Old October 2nd, 2008, 09:44 PM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_Sox_1 View Post
The Sox starting pitching is SO good, especially in the shorter ALDS. That is why this team will go deep in the playoffs, as starting pitching is the key. Bay looked calm, and the whole team (aside from Lowell and Drew, because of their recent injuries) looked really fresh. Those of us who have followed this team long enough know that when they get hot, there is no stopping them. That 8th inning had great defense for us (Ellsbury diving in center and Youkilis throwing out Vlad from short right), and overall it looks like Masterson has the poise to be good out of the 'pen for years.

With Lester solidifying himself as a big game pitcher last night, yes our starting pitching looks somewhat invincible... on paper. Dice-K needs to reel in the walks or he's going to get burned at the worst time, that being now. If Beckett is healthy, then there's no reason the Sox can't take this series, both he and then Lester again in game four if necessary is scary. Though that's why they play the games, anything can, and has (as we painfully know) happened.

Love Masterson too, but you have to admit he lucked-out a bit last night. Without the incredible catch by Ellsbury and the dumb base running by Vlad, then that inning has a completely different complexion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spidysox View Post
Quote:
Oh and in case I forget to mention this, I want to put out there for the record how much my wife rules. She's a pretty big fan herself (not to the hysterical fanaticism I'm at mind you) yet she took one for the team (me) yesterday and dealt with our 4-week old all night.

That is very cool. Nothing like a good wife to back her husbands obsessions .

I actually watched both of the championships by myself. All the years of waiting for a championship and I had no one to share it with (my wife and daughter were both sleeping). Again, life away from Massachussetts.
If I'm ever out your way Spidy we'll have to meet for a beer and celebrate. I've developed a severe case of RSAS (Red Sox Aftershock Syndrome), happened after the 04 Series. Can't shake it either, I still randomly burst into cheers at times... there's no filter.

-insert signature here-
Old October 2nd, 2008, 10:27 PM
Online HS League Champion

Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I just read this:
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/eticket/story?page=manny

Very interesting if you've followed the Manny Saga.

I still think we're better off with Bay in the long run.
Old October 2nd, 2008, 10:38 PM

heroscaper314 is surprisingly tart

Looks like the Cubs are proving me right...I guess I'll just have to wait until next year....again....
Old October 3rd, 2008, 12:28 AM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth

I... don't think I've ever been so angry at a baseball game as I am tonight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)
Old October 3rd, 2008, 07:12 AM

heroscaper314 is surprisingly tart

The Cubs played so well at home in the regular season, and yet the playoffs come and they can't pitch, hit, or even field...I think I'm actually starting to believe in the curse...
Old October 3rd, 2008, 10:19 AM

SlikkRikk knows what's in an order marker SlikkRikk knows what's in an order marker

It's not the curse boys -- the Dodgers have the best arms in the NL and they're proving it in this series. Glad to see Billingsley pitch a great game on the national stage. I felt bad for Zambrano with his defense failing him, but that's baseball. He still gave up the big hits when it mattered.

The crappy thing is that I totally would have been rooting for the Cubbies if my team hadn't made it through. 100 years is a long time. But 20 years is pretty long for me too, so -- yeah. Hopefully a sweep on Saturday.
Old October 3rd, 2008, 11:27 AM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth

I'm pretty confident that Harden will at least shut you guys down. He's been sick... whenever he hasn't been sick.

He could easily be the #1 starter on this or many other teams. Him v. Kuroda sounds like it's going to be a mismatch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)
Old October 3rd, 2008, 04:33 PM
You can't go wrong with [insert thing you can't go wrong with here]

spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
If I'm ever out your way Spidy we'll have to meet for a beer and celebrate. I've developed a severe case of RSAS (Red Sox Aftershock Syndrome), happened after the 04 Series. Can't shake it either, I still randomly burst into cheers at times... there's no filter.

I'd love to celebrate, just make mine a root beer .
I know exactly what you mean about bursting into random moments of unrestrained cheering, I have game 4 of the world series taped (yup, I'm too cheap to buy the dvd) and every time I watch it (yes I have watched it many, many times) I still get choked up and want to dance around the house. By the way, have you read the Stephen King, Stewart O'Nan book "Faithful", it's a book of emails and letters and journal entries that they shared during the 2004 season, a great read.
I'll actually be back in Mass. for the first time in about 17 years at the beginning of Nov. for my grandfather's birthday. Hopefully celebrating that as well as another championship!

"A good teacher is like a candle: it consumes itself to light the way for others." -Anonymous
Old October 3rd, 2008, 04:34 PM

Red_Sox_1 is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Quote:

With Lester solidifying himself as a big game pitcher last night, yes our starting pitching looks somewhat invincible... on paper. Dice-K needs to reel in the walks or he's going to get burned at the worst time, that being now. If Beckett is healthy, then there's no reason the Sox can't take this series, both he and then Lester again in game four if necessary is scary. Though that's why they play the games, anything can, and has (as we painfully know) happened.

Love Masterson too, but you have to admit he lucked-out a bit last night. Without the incredible catch by Ellsbury and the dumb base running by Vlad, then that inning has a completely different complexion.
Yeah Masterson had some tough luck, but he kept his poise. Overall, he has looked good out of the 'pen. Dice-K pitches tonight, and you're right about him having to keep the walks down. His OBA (oponents batting average) has been around .200 all year. If it is impossible for the Angels (and the rest of baseball, too) to get on base against him, it is impossible to score.
Old October 3rd, 2008, 04:46 PM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by spidysox View Post
Quote:

I'd love to celebrate, just make mine a root beer .
I know exactly what you mean about bursting into random moments of unrestrained cheering, I have game 4 of the world series taped (yup, I'm too cheap to buy the dvd) and every time I watch it (yes I have watched it many, many times) I still get choked up and want to dance around the house. By the way, have you read the Stephen King, Stewart O'Nan book "Faithful", it's a book of emails and letters and journal entries that they shared during the 2004 season, a great read.
I'll actually be back in Mass. for the first time in about 17 years at the beginning of Nov. for my grandfather's birthday. Hopefully celebrating that as well as another championship!
That's cool, I prefer the 'root' myself.

Yep, I know exactly what you mean by choking up a bit... it'll never get old.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Yeah Masterson had some tough luck, but he kept his poise. Overall, he has looked good out of the 'pen. Dice-K pitches tonight, and you're right about him having to keep the walks down. His OBA (oponents batting average) has been around .200 all year. If it is impossible for the Angels (and the rest of baseball, too) to get on base against him, it is impossible to score.
Good point, he did keep his poise, a lot of young pitchers might have got wild after that.

Well, it's only a little under five hours away, but it's time to prep for the game.

-insert signature here-

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > TV