Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions
Other Customization & HS Additions Everything from new ways to play to modded figures

View Poll Results: Is this a good idea
yes 11 52.38%
no 10 47.62%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Old September 16th, 2007, 09:43 PM

nonexistantnonexister has disabled reputation
Ocean scape

Do any of you guys know those two level glass tables, well I had an idea for the ocean, it the required materials are:

Two level glass table
Transparent blue hexmat

On the top level you build the normal map, using the hexmat for water. On the bottom level you build another map, with an underwater feel to it. Light will shine through the Hexmat and give the lower level an underwater look.

Underwater all figures have flying, but can only breath underwater for 2 turns without receiving a wound. When coming from the bottom it takes 1 turn regardless the circumstances to get up.

I just thought of this idea, and thought it would give sunken castle maps a whole new feel.

Additional stuffs:

Glyph of Aquaria allows the figure who activates it to breath underwater.

(Note that glyphs of Aquaris last for 2 rounds)

You may spend points on equipment cards, scuba gear included.

From HSisforcoolkids: All figures get -2 range (melee not included) and -2 attack

From me, with ideas from others: Attack -2 when being attacked by figures above ground, or vise versa with underwater.

Old September 16th, 2007, 09:46 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth
Huh, that's actually a pretty cool idea. If I had a hex mat/glass table, I'd probably do it.
Old September 16th, 2007, 10:01 PM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Here is the problem with this....you would have to modify all attacks because of the sheer difficulty it is to actually swing an axe or sword underwater..you would also have to modify attacks for anyone attacking from above into the water due to images being refracted (see Mythbusters) ...figs would also need modified defense and things like Stealth Dodge wouldnt work
Old September 16th, 2007, 10:04 PM

I am willing to discard that for gameplay reasons.

Old September 16th, 2007, 10:19 PM
has been BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonexistantnonexister
Discard which?what?
Old September 16th, 2007, 10:19 PM

Your water principle

Old September 16th, 2007, 10:54 PM
has been BANNED

So you are going to play underwater but remove all of the principles of water?
Old September 16th, 2007, 11:19 PM
Ban Hammer Slammer!

Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onacara
Quote:
Discard which?what?
Your water principle
I am more than willing to discard this whole thing as not a lick of thought went into surface/underwater activity. Basically all this is that you have a glass table and thought of a way to use it, not the other way around.

Just because you're offended, it doesn't make you right.
Old September 16th, 2007, 11:27 PM
has been BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malechi
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Discard which?what?
Your water principle
I am more than willing to discard this whole thing as not a lick of thought went into surface/underwater activity. Basically all this is that you have a glass table and thought of a way to use it, not the other way around.

So NeNe should switch the title of this thread to "Glass Table Scape"?...Cool...I'm gonna go start my Tray Table Scape thread now
Old September 16th, 2007, 11:48 PM
Ban Hammer Slammer!

Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Discard which?what?
Your water principle

So NeNe should switch the title of this thread to "Glass Table Scape"?...Cool...I'm gonna go start my Tray Table Scape thread now
I have a flat wood table, so I can start a thread for TunguskaScape (for those that don't get it, Google Tunguska).

Just because you're offended, it doesn't make you right.
Old September 17th, 2007, 12:03 AM
has been BANNED

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Discard which?what?
Your water principle

I have a flat wood table, so I can start a thread for TunguskaScape (for those that don't get it, Google Tunguska).
Old September 17th, 2007, 12:40 AM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth
Quote:
"Some of you may die. But that is a risk I'm willing to take." :P

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions