Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations
Comic Hero Custom Creations Any comic book customs and the discussions surrounding them

Old April 20th, 2009, 11:17 AM
Name's Ash... Housewares

Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Matt Helm's Customs (4/13) Fulton (the Tinker Gnome)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Helm View Post
No rush, I've been unbelievably busy at work lately and can only find a few seconds a day to check in here at odd hours.

By the way, finally got a box of BPRD coming my way... well 2 boxes as it is my son's birthday this month and when he sees my Abe Sapien and crew, he's gonna want a set.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ Great Deal $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

If you like Hellboy for Heroscape, go to www.miniaturemarket.com (specific link... http://www.miniaturemarket.com/inc/sdetail/336279 ) to get the B.P.R.D. Clix box set for a clearance price of $8.50 + shipping. I can't wait for my 2 boxes to come.
Thanks for the find, Matt Helm. I just bought it.
Old April 20th, 2009, 12:16 PM
Captain Underpants

Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Matt Helm's Customs (4/19) The Joker (Ka' Harena and Ful

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
I'd change it to "Wanna Hear Another?" but I think that's a really fun name for a power.
I like it, Mr. Garada... can we make this change on spelling?
Old April 20th, 2009, 05:40 PM
C3G Hero

Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Wow, IAmBatman and I are on the same wavelength...

The most Insane thing about the whole card was how much text I had to cram on there! Luckily, I did not have to go below my self-imposed lowest limit of 6 point text. Hopefully everything is still legible. Let me know if there are any glaring errors or changes that need to be made. I really like this take on the Joker; he's powerful and unpredictable.

Going to get started on Ka'Harena today...

- Garada
Old April 20th, 2009, 08:20 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Man ... I gotta find me an artist! The art part of the cards is what's holding me back from getting back in the customs game (and reworking those I've already made).

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old April 20th, 2009, 08:37 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

What Joker figure is that? I think it's one of the really expensive ones.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old April 20th, 2009, 09:29 PM
Captain Underpants

Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroBlade View Post
To answer bluntly, it's the one Joker piece that looks tough enough for Heroscape .

Actually, it's from the Legacy set numbers 79, 80, and 81. The Rookie runs about $1.49 at TrollandToad.com
Old April 20th, 2009, 09:35 PM
Captain Underpants

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Man ... I gotta find me an artist! The art part of the cards is what's holding me back from getting back in the customs game (and reworking those I've already made).
Ahhhhh, I snagged myself the best, didn't I. And you wouldn't believe the price I got him at. You know artists,they never know their true value and will work for silly immaterial things such as praise and conversation .
Old April 20th, 2009, 09:44 PM
Captain Underpants

Garada, the card looks AWESOME! Exactly what I wanted. If there was a smiley face with a little kid opening up a Christmas present, I'd put it right here---->

Thanks for fitting the wordy language on the card. I really tried to create a simple Joker but the description of my idea took on a life of its own. The intent was to make him powerful enough to be Batman's nemesis (without relying on help from squads) but still maintain a simplicity for casual users.

One goal was to create a Joker that makes you debate, "Do I want to take him or not?". He should be strong enough to be tempting, but dangerous enough to say, "Is it worth it?". Basically, if you're a criminal, do you want to include The Joker in your plans? You know he'll help a lot but can you trust his unpredictability? I say, bring him along... just don't let him get too close.

Finally, I wanted him to be fun. I hope I captured that.
Old April 20th, 2009, 10:21 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Helm View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroBlade View Post
To answer bluntly, it's the one Joker piece that looks tough enough for Heroscape .

Actually, it's from the Legacy set numbers 79, 80, and 81. The Rookie runs about $1.49 at TrollandToad.com
I'll have to look for one of those. It really is a tough lookin' Joker. Nice find.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old April 21st, 2009, 05:54 PM
C3G Hero

Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness

That Joker is pretty cool looking... even though I already own not one but TWO different Joker sculpts, I am now going to have to invest in a third. grumble grumble...

I'll also have to buy a mini for this guy, because he just looks so mean [plus I love terrain-specific powers]:

Creepy!

- Garada
Old April 23rd, 2009, 10:50 PM
Captain Underpants

Wow Ka'Harena looks delightful (as always Garada), The Joker is up for NM24 (I'm excited) and Garada added a Devil Imp and some deep dark Probers to the Hellboy for Heroscape set. This is just awesome.

So now I want to change pace before I get back to the BPRD world. I have another super hero custom I need the premiere card creator in the business to hook me up with. He's big, he's powerful and he's been done here numerous times but just like the Joker, never done to my satisfaction. I want this heavy hitter to be powerful enough that you just have to have him in your army, but simple enough to enjoy. I also had another really cool piece I just wanted to use.

So, as my new favorite Superman card is finalizing in the NM24, I wanted the closest thing I could find to his Marvel counterpart. Yes, the Superman vs Hulk debate is great but they are very different. There is one other Marvel hero who could battle Kal El for eternity. and with my desire to keep the power level of a single figure from exceeding 400, I give you the Marvel answer to Superman...

------------------------------------------------------------

MIGHTY THOR

ASGARDIAN
UNIQUE HERO
WARRIOR
VALIANT
MEDIUM 5

LIFE: 7
MOVE: 6
RANGE: 1
ATTACK: 7
DEFENSE: 5

MJOLNR SPECIAL ATTACK

Range 1/5. Attack 4/5
If Mighty Thor is engaged, Mjolnr’s Lightning affects all engaged non-friendly figures. Roll four attack dice once for all affected figures. Each affected figure rolls defense dice separately. If Mighty Thor is not engaged, Mjolnr’s Flight can only be used against a single nonadjacent figure. Roll five attack dice against the chosen figure.

SON OF ODIN

When rolling Defense dice, each shield rolled counts as 1 additional block.

FLYING
When counting spaces for Mighty Thor’s movement, ignore elevations. Mighty Thor may fly over water without stopping, pass over figures without becoming engaged, and fly over obstacles such as ruins. When Mighty Thor starts to fly, if he is engaged he will take any leaving engagement attacks.
--------------------------------------------------------------

As I said, I wanted simple but powerful and I wanted him to go toe to toe with the soon to be balanced Superman - NM24.

Garada, are you into putting Donald Blake down in full color? And if you are, please keep the name "Mighty Thor" as it matches the official "Incredible Hulk".

Please give me feedback. I hope you enjoy a Thor that doesn't exceed 500 points or some much in specials that a microscope is needed to read (just kidding guys, please don't be offended if your a creator of a previous Thor... remember mine is a different character, he's the Mighty Thor).

Last edited by Matt Helm; April 26th, 2009 at 01:38 AM.
Old April 23rd, 2009, 11:01 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: Matt Helm's Customs (4/23) Mighty Thor (and Ka' Harena)

Re: Thor (who looks pretty cool - another great fig!). Isn't Deity more of species instead of a class? Asgardian already presumes Deity for me personally ... I'd think something like Warrior would be a better fit, but I'm interested to read your rationale.
I think 390 is a pretty good price for him. Really anywhere from 350-400 would be justifiable for his character, IMO.
His Son of Odin power means he'll be averaging a bit more than 3 shields per defense (though he'll never actually have three or any other odd number) which coupled with 7 life makes him about the same level of survivability as Griffin's Superman. Flying makes sense. I like that his speed is 6. More than average humans but not superspeed, which is OK, that's not his thing. The special attack wording needs some cleaning up, I think. Also, with that hammer, I'm tempted to suggest a normal attack of 8 instead of 7, but I'm not sure what that'd do to his cost.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations