Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Old May 18th, 2008, 07:28 PM

Bahde knows what's in an order marker Bahde knows what's in an order marker
Re: Vancouver WA BIG GIVE Tourny May 31st

As we work on finalizing options on the menu (getting donations), is there anything of request or suggestion that might be good to have? Keep in mind were aiming for more donated stuff to increase the benefit to the charity but we do have a limited budget to start with as well.
Old May 27th, 2008, 01:41 AM
Embraces the Suck

rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I'm signing up for this tournament, and I have some good commons I'm not using-- 4th Mass x4, rats x3, doubles of quite a few others. If anyone needs help on figures, PM me and I'll see what I can do.
Old May 27th, 2008, 02:21 AM

Very very cool, we look forward to meeting you both.

Also, for anyone needing help finding the place....just PM and I will give whatever additional help I can. Once there, the event will be in the basement - enter on the "downhill" side of the building.
Old May 29th, 2008, 08:19 PM

The menu for the event:

Soft Drink & Water: $0.50
Pizza (Slice): $1.00
Cotton Candy: $1.00
Homemade Cookies: $0.50

100% of all proceeds go to the fund raiser.

AND DONT FORGET THE POST TOURNAMENT AUCTION! Im sure we can all appreciate the opportunity to increase our ROTV count.
Old June 1st, 2008, 03:44 PM
Embraces the Suck

rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Bahde, thanks for setting up and running such a fun event! This was my first tournament, and it left me and Laura both eager to find another one near us.

The one element that I felt interfered with the games was the glyph of Ivor. I've never cared for it in casual games because of its "rich get richer" mechanic. Ranged normal attackers turn into overwhelming artillery pieces; medium-range special-attack figures like Nilfheim and shotgunners get little or no benefit; and melee gets nothing. Sure enough, it felt like a game-decider every time it came up in the tournament. I had it used against me once, and I got it once, and both times its power level was insane.

Other than that, no complaints. I hope it was as successful a fundraiser as it was a game day.
Old June 2nd, 2008, 01:59 PM

Chewie Woo who?

Rdhight,

It was great to have you two down for the tourney. I would also like to do another tourney again sometime. Also, if you two would like, we should get all get together on a weekend sometime and play. Bahde and I live very close to eachother so coordinating shouldnt be an issue. Let me know what you both think. Again, thanks for coming.

Chewie (Aaron)
Old June 2nd, 2008, 07:22 PM

I understand about the Range Glyph, and will likely do something different with the glyphs in general next time - as well as different maps. The issues with some were frustrating. (There were several things I learned from this experience that will be different.......and hopefully better next time.)

I had a great time however, and I think it went fairly well all things considered. Making new friends and contributing to a worthy cause (we raised $349 plus the seed money to start with!) and I would like to thank everyone that attended and made donations.

While the distance between is a bit long, perhaps you would be interested in coming this way again even for casual play events - but we will be doing another tournament....probably later this summer or during the fall.

I will post details of the event and pics as soon as I have more than a couple of minutes of free time.
Old June 3rd, 2008, 04:49 AM
Embraces the Suck

We'd definitely be interested in another tournament, and a casual game day would be a possibility, too. I'll sound out the family and see what's what.
Old June 3rd, 2008, 02:23 PM

Ok, not all the pictures turned out well......but the ones that did are in a slide show:

http://www.slide.com/r/4JK90xhWoz85A...&view=original

For those interested.....the final outcome pitted the top three from the adult/open division and the top of the youth division in a four person free for all deathmatch. Seated at that table were Greg Jr, Greg Sr, Rdhight & Joseph....and Greg Jr paid for winning so many regulation match ups by having Greg Sr & Rdhight against him from the outset. When the dust settled it was the remenants of Rdhight's army versus most of Joseph's army and there simply werent enough horses left in Rdhight's stable to overcome the exceedingly patient Joseph.

We didnt set out to have a nine year old win the event, but the outcome was in line with the mission of having fun while doing some good for people.

Anyone interested in sharing more detailed notes on a matchup feel free.
Old June 3rd, 2008, 09:18 PM

MegadeV knows what's in an order marker MegadeV knows what's in an order marker

Battle Reports:

My army: Cyprien Esenwein, Sonya Esenwein, Krug, 3 x Marro Stingers

Round 1 on Forsaken Waters
vs Laura (Major Q9, Krug, 2 x Microcorp Agents)

I started by jumping out with Cyprien to uncover a glyph (+2 Move), but didn't bother to stay there long. As I charged ahead with Cyprien, Laura advanced with Q9 and her Agents (parking some on a small hill and one or two in the water). Cyprien flew behind the ruin in her starting zone and attempted to Chill Touch Krug, but my 20-sider was not cooperating. She took down Cyprien with combined Q9 and Microcorp fire, while taking minimal damage. I then sent Krug charging in, but he was also mowed down pretty easily. It wasn't looking good for me, but then the tide turned. My Stingers charged up, grabbing some high ground and uncovering the other glyph (+1 Attack, woohoo!). Using Stinger Drain every turn and having height advantage for most of my attacks, I cut down everything she had, finishing with Sonya (with her 2 heartbroken wounds and 3 Stingers (I think).

WIN

Round 2 also on Forsaken Waters
vs Aaron/Chewie (Cyprien, Sonya, and Marcu Esenwein, Major Q9, Elite Onyx Vipers)

Starting in the opposite starting zone as the previous match, I was a little dismayed to find out that Cyprien could not reach a glyph on his first move. However, it didn't change my strategy much. We both jumped out with Cyprien and attacked each other with little effect. Aaron then used his Cyprien to uncover a glyph (+4 Range, I think) while I moved Krug ahead and took down his vipers with my Cyprien. Aaron's Cyprien finished off my Krug, but fell to my Stingers, while my Cyprien charged to his rear, wiping out Sonya. Marcu had taken 3 turns (one for me), but he was also finished off by Cyprien. I finished with Sonya, a few Stingers and a half-wounded Cyprien.

WIN

Round 3 on Fire Isles
vs Greg Jr (Taelord, 3 x Omnicron Snipers, Isamu)

The Gregs are my friends and I have played many games against them (and this army in particular), so I knew full well what I was up against. I would need a healthy dose of luck to pull out a win. Greg Jr. moved a squad of Snipers up on a lava hill on his first turn and took shots at my advancing Cyprien, inflicting a couple of wounds. Much to my surprise (and joy), he left the Snipers on the lava hill, moving Taelord within full aura range with his 3rd order marker. The luck I was hoping for came when Greg Jr. rolled 3 skulls for the lava fields, killing all 3 of the Omnicrons that had moved out of the starting zone. My hopes of victory were quickly dashed when he won initiative in the second round and took down Cyprien on his first turn. My first two order markers were wasted on a dead vampire. He spent the next two turns killing Krug, who was the recipient of my 3rd order marker. A full turn of nothing killed any hope I had. Having the advantage in range, he easily killed the Stingers as I desperately moved them forward. I think i managed to kill two of the Snipers (besides the 3 that the lava claimed). Both glyphs were left untouched.

LOSS

Round 4 on Embattled Fen
vs Greg Sr. (4 x Minions of Utgar, Marro Warriors)

Just like round 3, I knew I would need a lot of help from the dice gods to beat the Minions. Greg won initiative and moved ahead with the Minions and managed to get to the map's only glyph (+1 Attack) before I did. Minions with an attack glyph = bad news. I sent Krug out and managed to knock the Minion off the glyph and take another one down before the troll dropped. Cyprien then went on a killing spree, taking out 3 Minions with Chill Touch and killing another 2 with his normal attacks. Victory looked to be a possibility when I rolled the 20-sider for Chill Touch again and the dice bounced off the table. It must have totally screwed up the dice's mojo because the next 2 attempts failed. Cyprien did not survive long enough to try any more after that. The Stingers then joined the battle, but had little effect. Sonya surprised me. She was able to take down 2 Minions, healing her broken heart before having it carved out of her by the last of the red beasties. Greg was left with the full squad of Marro Warriors and roughly a full squad of Minions.

LOSS

Round 5 on Table of the Giants
vs Aaron/Chewie (Cyprien, Sonya, and Marcu Esenwein, Major Q9, Elite Onyx Vipers)

The rematch with Aaron was a much different affair than our previous battle. We started out by charging ahead with our Cypriens. He was able to kill mine, and retreated to the relative safety of the glyphs (I don't remember which glyphs they were) hidden behind the ruins. Krug and some Stingers ran up to try to get to the wounded Cyprien, but Q9 was too deadly. I think I managed to kill of Q9 before it was over, but he beat me pretty handily.

LOSS

With the exception of my Chill Touch binge against Greg Sr., my 20-sided did not roll well all day long. Through all 5 matches, i think I won initiative a total of 3 times. But, I had a lot of fun. That is the important thing.

9+ RotV - 7 SotM - 6 FotAk - 6 RttFF - 3 VW - 3 TT - 3 TJ - 1 Marvel - 3+ of each common - playing since Dec '05

Megadev's Repaints and Customs
BattletechScape

Last edited by MegadeV; June 3rd, 2008 at 11:55 PM.
Old June 3rd, 2008, 10:30 PM
Embraces the Suck

The end of that final free-for-all was a riot. I had glads/blasts x3 and Raelin, and I had gone 4-1 in head-to-head play. My only loss was to a range-glyph-powered Greg Jr. I got revenge in the most appropriate way possible: finding my own range glyph that let me fire down into his start zone. Stuck between me and some of Greg Sr.'s Minions, he went out first. Joseph was cleverly waiting for us to weaken before attacking.

After that, it was a pretty balanced three-way fight to see who could last the longest. Greg Sr. and Joseph traded losses in Joseph's start zone while I concentrated on eliminating the nearest enemies, two sets of Marro Warriors and a couple more Minions.

Finally, it was down to me and Joseph. Unfortunately for me, he had an unwounded SotM Sgt. Drake, a very bad matchup for my army. I had beaten Drake earlier in the tournament, but that was with plenty of glads available, and this game I was almost out. Because of that range glyph, enemies often had had no choice but to attack the glads, unbalancing my losses. After weathering approximately 500,000 attacks of 1 and 2 from my remaining blasts (and a few desperate spear thrusts by Raelin), Drake dropped my last blastatron with his .45 and survived to win. It was a great game.

Congratulations to Joseph for a well-earned victory!

(Didn't get a chance to play you this time, MegadeV, but hopefully we'll have another opportunity soon.)
Old June 4th, 2008, 12:34 AM

Open Division Armies & Records:

Greg Jr. (5-0) Omnicron Snipers x3, Taelord & Isamu
Rdhight (4-1) Blastatrons x3, Gladiatrons x3 & Old Raelin
Greg Sr (4-1) Minions Of Utgar x4 & Marro Warriors
Chewie (3-2) Q9, Cyprien, Sonya, Marcu & EOV
Megadev (2-3) Cyprien, Sonya, Krug & Marro Stinger x3
Laura (2-3) Q9, Krug & Microcorp Agent x2
Joshua (2-3) Q10, Johnny Shotgun, Brunak, Dumetef, Nagrub & Microcorp Agent
McLeod (2-3) Morsbane, Syvarris, New Sgt Drake & Warriors Of Ashra x2