Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Old May 6th, 2019, 10:52 PM

Clarissimus wears ripped pants of awesomeness Clarissimus wears ripped pants of awesomeness Clarissimus wears ripped pants of awesomeness Clarissimus wears ripped pants of awesomeness Clarissimus wears ripped pants of awesomeness Clarissimus wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Lightbulb Gauging Interest in DralaCon -- July 13 Fort Wayne, IN

Hello friends,

A brand new con is being held this July in my hometown of Fort Wayne and I am trying to get a Heroscape event going for it. Nothing has been finalized yet but I am trying to see if anybody would be interested in attending.

I want to try something new, or at least something that hasn't been done very much. Instead of the same old double-blind bring X00 points of army, I have an idea to set up a variety of maps with special rules and objectives. For example: a map with some neutral armies in the middle and your goal is to kill the boss before your opponent does, an asymmetrical castle assault map where the defender needs to hold out against a huge army of attackers, a tactical terrain map where grass, rock, and sand actually matter by affecting the stats of the units standing on them, and a get-to-high-ground map with a slowly rising fog of death! Plus some classic goodness like a RotV master set draft match.

One of the things that can make it difficult to get new players into the hobby is the lack of availability of so many of the figures. This kind of a format could make it easier for newbies to play because all the figures, dice, etc. would be provided (by me!)

I don't mean to get too far ahead of myself, I am still waiting to hear back from DralaCon if they want to let me host the event there, but it would be nice to tell them that some 'scapers are already chomping at the bit to come. Just trying to get an idea of numbers. Even if it's just me and a couple other people we'd still have a fun time!

I never lay awake at night wondering how to design an army that will help me win 40% of my games. -- Jexik

Do NOT click this link.
Old May 7th, 2019, 12:19 PM

Tiamat rolls all skulls baby! Tiamat rolls all skulls baby! Tiamat rolls all skulls baby! Tiamat rolls all skulls baby! Tiamat rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Gauging Interest in DralaCon -- July 13 Fort Wayne, IN

There's been talk on the heroscapers Facebook group about this. Are you the same person who has been leading that discussion? Just want to make sure we don't have a divided effort.

But to answer your question, I'm extremely interested in this and will definitely attend. I'm pretty sure there will be at least one other member of my local group in Ann Arbor attending as well.

As far as format goes, when I travel to a tournament I personally prefer the x00 points blind army style tournament. It's not make or break for me though. As long as there is some sort of Heroscape being played, I'll be there.
Old May 7th, 2019, 08:47 PM

Clarissimus wears ripped pants of awesomeness Clarissimus wears ripped pants of awesomeness Clarissimus wears ripped pants of awesomeness Clarissimus wears ripped pants of awesomeness Clarissimus wears ripped pants of awesomeness Clarissimus wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I'm not on the Facebook group, but I just applied to join it. I don't use FB much these days; apparently I have to wait for somebody to approve my membership before I can see the discussion.

Did they say they were definitely hosting an event or just considering? I am happy to join forces or just bring some maps if that's what is needed.

Nice to know we have at least 2 from Ann Arbor. I am asking some of my Illinois friends and we'll see how many we can get. DralaCon wrote back to me and said I can absolutely host a Heroscape event but they needed to know how many tables & chairs we'll need. I was gonna tell them 8 chairs but I'll hold off on replying for now until I get a sense of how many might be coming.

I never lay awake at night wondering how to design an army that will help me win 40% of my games. -- Jexik

Do NOT click this link.
Old May 7th, 2019, 10:19 PM

Tiamat rolls all skulls baby! Tiamat rolls all skulls baby! Tiamat rolls all skulls baby! Tiamat rolls all skulls baby! Tiamat rolls all skulls baby!

Hey @Clarissimus . Maybe you could message @coachmuskie ? I think he is the one who is working on this already.
Old May 8th, 2019, 08:29 AM

Dankamus is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

I am Stefan in the heroscape group I'm hosting a table at dralacon. Already got ticket and table confirmation
Old May 8th, 2019, 09:01 AM

Dankamus is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

https://www.dralacon.com/events/hero...son-at-table-4
Here is link to register to play at the table
Old May 8th, 2019, 09:26 AM

Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Thanks, Stefan!! I'll be there!!!
Old May 8th, 2019, 09:40 AM

Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness

The Michigamer group has lots of terrain and figures as well. We can have stuff for people to use and to buy if needed. my guess is that we will fill it with experienced players, but should set up a couple of boards where people can try it as well. I think small scrap battles work best for that with 300 point premade armies they can choose from. This is what I like to do when I introduce the game to people so they can get right into the game. I am a teacher, so have a month off before the convention and am glad to help plan and get things organized!
Old May 8th, 2019, 09:41 AM

Clarissimus, we need to get you connected to the Dayton and Michigamer group. I would love to meet you.
Old May 8th, 2019, 09:03 PM

Hey muskie and dankamus, cool to see that you guys are already handling this. How big is table 4? And what point size of armies were you thinking of? It would be nice to have that info on the event page but if it hasn't been decided it I guess it can be added later.

Let me know if you want me to bring any maps or anything else.

Do NOT click this link.
Old May 23rd, 2019, 09:59 PM

outforblood rolls all skulls baby! outforblood rolls all skulls baby! outforblood rolls all skulls baby! outforblood rolls all skulls baby! outforblood rolls all skulls baby!

I'm intersted in attending! I'll see if I can get some of the Dayton/Cincy crew over there.

SCAPE OR DIE!
Great transactions with: Cavalier,Jim,rudyvalentine,Hilo Scaper,land.scape,Lord Pyre,Cosmo,Hogg,TheSilverSurfer,lefton4ya,Superfrog wargamingaddict87...

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events