Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations
Comic Hero Custom Creations Any comic book customs and the discussions surrounding them

Notices

View Poll Results: Best Nightcrawler card. See current post
Nightcrawler 1 2 66.67%
Nightcrawler 2 1 33.33%
Nightcrawler 3 0 0%
Voters: 3. You may not vote on this poll

Old February 2nd, 2011, 12:03 PM

Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby! Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby! Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby! Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby! Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby! Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Drewman-chu's new and improved? Original X-men Beast.

Here's Angel in his original costume. There will be a original Angel in the new Heroclix Giant Sized X-men set in March. I made a custom one when I thought Heroclix was done for good. I used the wings off Arragon and put them on a Captain Britain. I thought it came out pretty well, even the paint match was close. I will put in a hitzone picture soon. Question, include the wings or not?

</IMG></IMG></IMG></IMG>

Last edited by Drewman-chu; February 4th, 2011 at 12:55 AM.
Old February 5th, 2011, 01:21 PM

hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Drewman-chu's Updated Original X-men Beast & Angel..

That Angel figure looks great!

I would include the wings, if they got shot he's going to be in pain.

Old February 5th, 2011, 02:56 PM

Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby! Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby! Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby! Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby! Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby! Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby!

The reason I wasn't sure is on all the offical cards non of the wings on the Kyrie are hitzones. I think I may do that way. Your right he would be in pain but it would'nt kill him.
Old February 8th, 2011, 12:31 AM

Here's a new take on the old Iceman

Old February 8th, 2011, 01:15 AM

Re: Drewman-chu's Updated Original X-men Beast, Angel, & Ic

And Cyclops. I found the Wide Optic Blast very difficult to word. I am wondering if it is clear enough or is there a better way to word it.
Old February 8th, 2011, 12:56 PM

hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

You're right, Wide Optic Beam is very difficult to word, though its very easy to visualize and understand.

You don't need to have the line "Face Cyclops so his line of sight is between these two spaces." I know it makes sense visually, but its the same as a figure shooting another figure even if he isn't looking the correct direction.

Maybe this wording will be a little more concise?

Choose 2 lines of 3 spaces in straight line from Cyclops. The first space in each of thee chosen lines must be adjacent to each other. All figures on any of the chosen lines (spaces) or the spaces directly between the chosen lines (spaces) are affected by Wide Optic Beam Special Attack. Roll 4 attack dice once. Each figure defends separately.

Ehh... not suer if that's even clearer.

Old February 8th, 2011, 01:39 PM
Name's Ash... Housewares

Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun

I like your take on Cyclops, Drew. You are correct, our versions are very similar. I really like your optic blast and have tried coming up with wording similar a few times, but gave up because I was never really happy with how it sounded. I actually really like Hi1's version. It's pretty simple and understandible.

Also, Angel's wings should definitely be hit zones in my opinion.
Old February 9th, 2011, 12:41 AM

Thanks for the help guys. I will try to clean up the wording. I like the effect of going 2,3,4 spaces because it is easy to visualize and really represents what a wide eye beam does.

Quote:
Also, Angel's wings should definitely be hit zones in my opinion
I go back and forth, stick with Classic for continuity or it doesn't matter. I think I can rationalize it that hitting Angels wings wouldn't kill him so therefore it is not a hit zone.
Old February 9th, 2011, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewman-chu View Post
Thanks for the help guys. I will try to clean up the wording. I like the effect of going 2,3,4 spaces because it is easy to visualize and really represents what a wide eye beam does.

Quote:
Also, Angel's wings should definitely be hit zones in my opinion
I go back and forth, stick with Classic for continuity or it doesn't matter. I think I can rationalize it that hitting Angels wings wouldn't kill him so therefore it is not a hit zone.
Whatever works for you, I like to think if he gets shot in the wings he's going to crash hard, and probably die, so in a way it could kill him to be hit there.

Old February 11th, 2011, 09:19 PM

Here's Marvel Girl and Prof X

Last edited by Drewman-chu; February 11th, 2011 at 11:12 PM.
Old February 15th, 2011, 04:43 PM

Re: Drewman-chu's Updated Original X-men First Class

Danger Room training is pretty cool. I would switch the first sentence so that it reads: "...receives enough wounds to be destroyed, before removing that figure, roll 10 dice. If you roll..." It follows the wording on the Microcorp Agents a little closer.

Telekinesis 11, should say "...instead of attacking, you may choose Marvel Girl or any small or medium..." Without the "you may" you would have to use this ability every turn. There's an extra space in "20-sided." "If you roll a 12 or higher," not "On a roll of"

I like that you named her Marvel Girl instead of Jean Grey. I was afraid I was going to be the only one to do that. (Although I do plan a stronger Jean Grey/Pheonix eventually....)

Old February 15th, 2011, 10:00 PM

Re: Drewman-chu's Updated Original X-men First Class

Quote:
Danger Room training is pretty cool. I would switch the first sentence so that it reads: "...receives enough wounds to be destroyed, before removing that figure, roll 10 dice. If you roll..." It follows the wording on the Microcorp Agents a little closer.
I stole this power right from Acolrah the elf flag bearer because I thought it fit the Danger Room theme and no one had used it for Prof X.

Quote:
Telekinesis 11, should say "...instead of attacking, you may choose Marvel Girl or any small or medium..." Without the "you may" you would have to use this ability every turn. There's an extra space in "20-sided." "If you roll a 12 or higher," not "On a roll of
Thanks for catching that, I was rushing and I am not a good proof reader. I have fixed it and will update the post.

Quote:
I like that you named her Marvel Girl instead of Jean Grey. I was afraid I was going to be the only one to do that. (Although I do plan a stronger Jean Grey/Pheonix eventually
....)
I wanted to do a original team from that specific team period. I also choose a new format of including the team name for synergy rather than race because I think it fits these cards better. I curious to see how it plays out and plan to have all members of the X-Men listed that way. I would like know what other people think about doing cards this way. I am not sure what the drawbacks would be. I do plan to do a Phoenix Jean Grey too. Thanks for all the feedback it really helps improve my cards.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations