Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old August 16th, 2022, 01:28 PM

Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Craig Van Ness Q&A Thread

Aight Craig, I think it's time we start asking the important questions.

When we gettin Shrekscape?
Old August 17th, 2022, 11:22 AM

Craig Van Ness is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Craig Van Ness is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Craig Van Ness is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Craig Van Ness is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Craig Van Ness is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Craig Van Ness is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Craig Van Ness is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Craig Van Ness is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Craig Van Ness is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Einar's puppy View Post
Hey, first of all.

Great to hear that this game system is receiving attention again! It is, in my opinion after playing through a lot of games workshop systems, the best Skirmish wargame you could pick up. Just wanted to say, great job the first go around, and I'm super excited to see what more you have to give!

My question is: Will this second edition see any core rules updates/ rules updates to pre-existing units such as the ROTV units?

Second, and this is probably a bit far out in the development pipeline, but is there interest in returning to the booster waves format of releasing several boxes at once, or would you be using a different uh, sales tactic? Assuming second edition sells well enough to encourage further expansion.
Einar's Puppy, thank you for the kind words. Unfortunately, I cannot answer those 2 questions at this time. Stay tuned...
Old August 17th, 2022, 11:23 AM

Craig Van Ness is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Craig Van Ness is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Craig Van Ness is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Craig Van Ness is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Craig Van Ness is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Craig Van Ness is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Craig Van Ness is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Craig Van Ness is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Craig Van Ness is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Roshi View Post

Aight Craig, I think it's time we start asking the important questions.

When we gettin Shrekscape?
lol
Old August 17th, 2022, 02:39 PM

gatormustang rolls all skulls baby! gatormustang rolls all skulls baby! gatormustang rolls all skulls baby! gatormustang rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tai-Pan View Post
Craig! Congratulations on reviving the best game ever!!!!

Unpainted minis are one thing, but I REALLY want to know:
is this still going to be the battle of all time???

That concerns me more! The pictures from GenCon don't excite me the way that Rise of the Valkyrie box did way back when. Are there going to be iconic not-heroes the way Syvarris was not-Legolas and the Krav Maga were not-Matrix? Are there going to be historical units? That was the real magic of HeroScape for me, and I find it incredibly impressive how C3V has managed to keep the three pillars of HeroScapeGenres (Fantasy, Scifi and History) going and even expand on it to include more (like horror), even though they only work with a limited selection of painted miniatures from other games.

The dragon looks amazing! I don't know if some of the other miniatures would make the cut at SoV or C3V - they have been leery of humanoid medium fantasy heroes.

And will there still be squads?
Yes, it will be the battle for all time, and there will be squads!
I had asked you this in a past post and know you most likely cannot answer this now, but is there any chance that Spartans would be a consideration? Roman Legions and Vikings are cool, but Spartans take cool to a much higher level.
Old August 17th, 2022, 08:06 PM
Opps. He did it again.

Airborne Elite 5 is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatormustang View Post
Quote:
Quote:

That concerns me more! The pictures from GenCon don't excite me the way that Rise of the Valkyrie box did way back when. Are there going to be iconic not-heroes the way Syvarris was not-Legolas and the Krav Maga were not-Matrix? Are there going to be historical units? That was the real magic of HeroScape for me, and I find it incredibly impressive how C3V has managed to keep the three pillars of HeroScapeGenres (Fantasy, Scifi and History) going and even expand on it to include more (like horror), even though they only work with a limited selection of painted miniatures from other games.

The dragon looks amazing! I don't know if some of the other miniatures would make the cut at SoV or C3V - they have been leery of humanoid medium fantasy heroes.

I had asked you this in a past post and know you most likely cannot answer this now, but is there any chance that Spartans would be a consideration? Roman Legions and Vikings are cool, but Spartans take cool to a much higher level.
I second this. Leonidas and his 300 have spent long enough outside the Battle of all Time
Old August 17th, 2022, 09:59 PM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

@Craig Van Ness , you probably can't or don't know the answer to this. but is distribution to other countries (my particular concern is Australia) going to be better than the past expansions & booster releases? We seem to have gotten RotV distributed well enough but after that the availability of the following releases was sparse & sporadic.
Old August 18th, 2022, 01:14 AM

1moreheroscaper rolls all skulls baby! 1moreheroscaper rolls all skulls baby! 1moreheroscaper rolls all skulls baby! 1moreheroscaper rolls all skulls baby! 1moreheroscaper rolls all skulls baby!

Craig,

Will new Heroscape product be available through retailers such as Barnes & Nobles or Amazon?

I am interested in future game orders for my school's game clubs. I run 3 different groups for students, and those aforementioned retailers are the approved vendors for our purchase orders.
My fall order has to be in before the end of this month (and I am not expecting any new retail Scape by fall), so I am just considering possible game orders for our spring clubs.

Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

Hymar's_Temple
1moreheroscaper's_Customs
War_of_the_Great_Wellspring
Old August 19th, 2022, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborne Elite 5 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by gatormustang View Post
Quote:
Quote:

I second this. Leonidas and his 300 have spent long enough outside the Battle of all Time
This is SPARTAAAA! I like Spartans...
Old August 19th, 2022, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by A3n View Post
@Craig Van Ness , you probably can't or don't know the answer to this. but is distribution to other countries (my particular concern is Australia) going to be better than the past expansions & booster releases? We seem to have gotten RotV distributed well enough but after that the availability of the following releases was sparse & sporadic.
I can't answer this question at this point in time. I will answer it when I can.
Old August 19th, 2022, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1moreheroscaper View Post
Craig,

Will new Heroscape product be available through retailers such as Barnes & Nobles or Amazon?

I am interested in future game orders for my school's game clubs. I run 3 different groups for students, and those aforementioned retailers are the approved vendors for our purchase orders.
My fall order has to be in before the end of this month (and I am not expecting any new retail Scape by fall), so I am just considering possible game orders for our spring clubs.
Again, sorry, but I cannot answer this question. I will when I can.
Old August 20th, 2022, 12:18 AM
SLAYER OF GRUNGEBOB

Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

[MENTION=47031]Craig Van Ness[/MENTION] , will there be any changes to the genres in HS2.0? For example: historical, fantasy, sci-fi, D&D, horror, among others? One of my favorite things about Heroscape is that it brought every genre to battle.

Also, is there any chance that the Marvel (maybe even DC), or other licensed properties could make a return to the game. Maybe we could see Marvel wave 1 finally hit store shelves?
Old August 20th, 2022, 09:12 AM

Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Will the new cards have painted minis or will they be unpainted?

Handle origin: I used to film comedy skits with my friends. I didn't want any cursing in them, so I made up new insults, like "dendrik". Then Sir Denrick came out, and the rest is history.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion