Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Notices

Old May 26th, 2021, 08:09 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth
Re: The New York City Gang Of Four

CHAS ARMIES

Elementals: Revenge of the Shadows

The Varja 160
Xundar 150
Shadow Fiend x3 105
Shadow Hound x3 105
Shadow Binder 25

Total: 545

Because I ran essentially the same team against Ishmel one on one recently, but he one shotted my The Varja right out of the game with a custom that had a Bolt of Witherwood power, the Shadows are back to try again. They're not titled Elementals but Shadows, but are more or less the same thing, with Xundar acting like the official Elemental Master Kurrock. So I checked with GM Taeblewalker,[/I] who okayed them. The Varja also has a different nomenclature, but works very similarly to the others. Kolakoski said he enjoyed hearing about that defeat of mine, since I did the same thing the same figure in his army years ago! What goes around comes around.

Asians: The Two Masters

Master Win Chu Woo 140
Master Lao Xin 130
Kaemon Awa 120
Shaolin Monks x2 160
Isamu 10

Total: 560

I've teamed up two of the C3G martial artists before with great success. So now this is a new variation that should also work well. Like all of us, the Monks and two Samurai are emerging from Covid isolation to kick some butt (spiritually)! That will be literally for my woman custom in white playing Master Lao Xin this time around; as she's in a kicking and striking pose for Asian American Month!

Last edited by chas; May 26th, 2021 at 09:18 AM.
Old May 26th, 2021, 08:35 PM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

SHERMAN DAVIES ARMIES

Dwarves

Mogrim Forgehammer 120
Axegrinders x 3 210
Mok 220

Total: 550

Aliens

Tor-kul-Na
Marro Nagrubs x
Marro Stingers x

Total:
Old May 27th, 2021, 08:14 AM

IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun

Thanks for another great night of 'Scape, @chas !

Here were my armies:

Game One:
Agents
120 Nakita Agents
35 Seleena
270 Gorillinators x3
130 Zaeus
555, 14 hexes

Do you know what a ranged army really hates? A figure with no visible hit zone, that's what! Curse you, The Varja!

Game Two:
Soulborgs
180 Omegacron
300 Omnicron Snipers x3
60 Zetacron
540, 13 hexes

Pictures to come!
Old May 27th, 2021, 08:45 AM

We had a great Five Player Day of Scape, as a fully vaccinated Sherman Davies made his Postdemic reappearance. Victory kudos went to Kolakoski (Game 1) and Ishmel (Game 2). For the first time we had all of the C3G cards in color available thanks to Ish, who also picked out a great map for us. I got something like 170 cards cut out and sleeved.

Since no victory conditions had been specified by GM Taeblewalker, we just played until we thought we had a winner, starting around 12 noon and going until 8 PM with a break to get dinner from the store downstairs. We all had fun building with the army group lists TW had provided for us.

We resolved to continue our regular monthly scaping on Wednesdays. Next month Kolakoski will be away on vacation, so we are anticipating a Four Player session; date and GM to be determined.

Last edited by chas; June 1st, 2021 at 04:22 PM.
Old June 1st, 2021, 04:11 PM

IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun

Here are some pictures from the first game:

A five player map! Hard to make a 5-player map when all the pieces are hexagons, but this worked pretty well.

I went Old School with the dice.

chas' Shadow Army

Sherman's Dwarves

Kolakoski's Teeth and Claws:

My Agents:

A Rechet attacks Zaeus

Taeblewalker's Undead army has risen!

Mok on the Move!

An Axegrinder can't leave a Huge figure un-attacked!

The Varja (proxied) attacks a Primadon

A three-way Feral / Undead / Dwarf battle rages

The lone surviving Nakita Agent poses dramatically, but it is all for naught.

Claw vs. Crypt Guardian
Old June 2nd, 2021, 07:56 PM

Thanks for the photos, Ish!

Photo One: Its Kolakoski, with poker chips outlining the unusual Start Zones.

Photo Three: Chas Shadow Army Proxies: Pelloth as Xundar, Storm Giant as The Varja, Black Wrymlings as Shadow Fiends, Wolves as Shadow Hounds, and Onyx Viper as Shadow Binder. Its fun to be creative finding proxies!

Photo Five: Custom Zulus and Greeks as proxies for Teeth of the Makwa (their first appearance ever in a NYCG4 game). You can see the Zulus better in other photos--numbers Eight, Twelve, and Fourteen!

Photo Eight: Its Taeblewalker.

Photo Fourteen: Proxie Zombie as Crypt Guardian. Custom Assassin as missing Cyprien Eisenwein (Upper Right).

Last edited by chas; June 3rd, 2021 at 03:37 AM.
Old June 2nd, 2021, 11:13 PM
Captain Underpants

Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun

It's great to see you guys getting together for games.

Rock on Gang of Four Plus One.
Old June 3rd, 2021, 11:05 AM

Thanks, Matt.

In fact, our next game is now set for Wed. June 16. Ishmel will be our Game Master, providing a scenario and a Four Player Map.

Last edited by chas; June 4th, 2021 at 03:43 AM.
Old June 3rd, 2021, 12:09 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Cool pics. Looks fun.
Old June 3rd, 2021, 06:14 PM

More pictures from Game 2!

@Taeblewalker 's Elven army

@kolakoski fielded the Medieval army

The terrifying Marro army of @Sherman Davies

My Jandar Soulborg army. That's my ersatz Zetacron up front.

The monks and Two Masters of @chas

A brave Knight takes on the Disco Soulborgs

Master Woo leads the charge across the water

Monks vs Soulborgs

Tor Kul Na takes the East bridge. Can Sonlen and Sir Gilbert stand against this monstrosity?

Omegacron takes the bridge. Victory!

I took this game largely through diplomacy. (Interestingly, we were talking about Diplomacy earlier that day.) In the prior game, Kolakoski and I, both on the same side of the bridge, had a truce against chas and Sherman. When Taeblewalker arrived, that turned into a three-way battle on their side of the map, while chas crushed me with his Shadow army.

This time around, we were sitting in the same spots. I immediately moved against Kolakoski ("Jandar vs. Jandar!"), to break the natural alliance of the map, and convinced chas (through word and deed) that I wasn't gunning for his Monks. He broke off the attack against me, and then everyone attacked the Marro horde. (Sherman took this 4 vs 1 development with aplomb.) Since I was furthest from the Marro (and had range) I took the least damage from them. By the time their threat was eliminated, I had lost Zetacron and most of my Snipers, but Omegacron was unscathed and on height. The others had taken far greater losses, so we called the game.

At least, that's how I remember it!
Old June 3rd, 2021, 06:44 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

Good times!

Old June 3rd, 2021, 06:56 PM

AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness

This looks like it was a blast.

Just when you thought it was all right, someone made it alright.

Good trades with - Porkins / xraine69 / mac122 (x2) / frylock / Ztimster (x2) and probably others I forgotten to mention...sorry.

Last edited by AMIS; June 3rd, 2021 at 06:56 PM. Reason: It's all 'scapey goodness.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion