Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Heroes of Star Wars Scape > Battlefields of Star Wars Scape
Battlefields of Star Wars Scape HoSS Maps and Scenarios

Old July 8th, 2015, 10:17 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth
Re: The Design Holocron of Bespin Carbon Freeze Chamber

I rebuilt the map using the ladder trick and it works out great. A lot more open space now for your hands and figures to get in and out from under the platform. I tinkered a bit more with it, just minor stuff really but I have a problem with trying to use ever piece when I can and moving those wall sections freed up some more tiles. So the 1.5 link should take you to my final suggestions. You will see I used 2 water tiles in order to have one section where you could shoot across the gap. I figured they could be cooling tanks or something. Anyway feel free to take or leave whatever you find you like in my little adjustments. I'm going to try and run another test on the map tomorrow.
Old July 10th, 2015, 12:22 AM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

@Yodaking , I have not had time to tinker with the map yet, but look forward to what you have done with it.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old July 10th, 2015, 12:40 AM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

No rush. I've been rather busy of late as well and won't slow down for another few weeks.
Old July 14th, 2015, 12:14 AM
C3G Landlord

Alright I've played 4 games on the board now using the Freezing Chamber rules. I made a few changes here and there between the games.

I didn't realize you were not allowed to attack a figure on the Freezing Chamber glyph in one game and attacked that figure a few times. Then after seeing that rule, I ended up changing it so that you could attack a figure on the Freezing Chamber glyph (other wise the unit could just refuse to move off of it and become invulnerable), but that figure gained an auto shield on defense if it had been frozen and not yet moved or attacked (OM reveals for bonding didn't have any effect though). That worked out pretty well as you could then move a figure over to the freezing chamber and start attacking it, but the auto shield helped keep the frozen figure alive long enough to become unfrozen and start fighting back.

In one game neither side controlled a single Control glyph during the game. I started thinking that maybe you should not be able to freeze someone unless you controlled at least one glyph, but then I changed my mind by the end of the game. For competitive reasons it is really key to be able to gain control of the Bespin and move a figure down off of high ground (steps or upper platform) as a figure on the steps can block off the path up the steps and have high ground permanently (when no flying or force jump figures are in play).

I was all set to drop my suggestion of leaving the rock tiles rock and just making the whole board road tiles (except for the shadow tiles of course), but then I played a game that way and had to change my mind back. 9 move Gladiators just flew across the flat part of the board around the shadow tiles and dominated the ranged Soulborgs they were facing. Units with a range of 7+ are priced based on the idea they will get at least one attack in before a move 5/6, range 1 figure can close the distance and attack. When you give all range 1 figures a move of 8/9 the game balance changes too much. I did replay the same match with the rock tiles being rock and while the gladiators still won, it was a closer game.

I really think having the control glyphs on the lower level in the the center of a rock tile (and one surrounded by shadow) will make any battlefront game system we come up with much more competitive. Then your defenders can actually defend the Control Points instead of just sitting there waiting to get assaulted by figures from outside of your range.
Old July 14th, 2015, 08:32 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

@Yodaking , I played a game with my previous map,(just because its still up and my bros came over.) I didn't use the road bonus on any of it and no glyphs. It was quite horrible. I think I'm going to tear it down and see what you adjusted. Mine still needs some work.

Old July 16th, 2015, 11:55 AM
C3G Landlord

I think you have to have the road bonus going up the steps. That section was the focus of every game and their are a lot of steps.
Old July 19th, 2015, 04:44 PM
"like" happy

@Yodaking , I just had time to look over your VS file, I like a lot of the changes. The platform had some gaps and the walkway up to it had gaps so you could force push people off of the top in some areas, I noticed you closed it in. Any thoughts on whether you want force users to be able to push guys off of those places? I'm going to build the map your version right now. I've only got 2 days off from work in the last 3 weeks, thats why I haven't been to busy with PT's and playing with maps.

Old July 19th, 2015, 06:38 PM
"like" happy

Just finished building the revised map @Yodaking . Some of my brothers want to come out for a game tonight. I like the look of the map, it doesn't look to much different than my previous one. Surprisingly I had to rip most of the map up to change it. The only changes that I am not sure about yet are:
The battlements going up to the platform. Now force users will not be able to push figures off the walkway up or off the platform. Also abilities like 4 loms concussion rifle will not get to rock people off of those spaces.

A couple of battlements were removed from the middle of two of the pillars holding the platform up. They had no function, but I liked how they added a little more character to the map. I left those, and removed one off of each end of the road stretch on the backside of the middle to keep them.

Stability issue with the rock outcrop shadow tiles. When those are placed on top of regular tiles the rock back and forth a little. We may need to look at that again.

There is also a battlement out of place on the vs file on the top of a pillar. Small item.
I like where you have put the glyphs, that still looks great. I'm loving the extra room under the platform. The ladder trick is ingenious, and opens up a bunch of other options for my emperors throne room I mocked up in VS, love it. I'm going to test out the road bonus just on road tile and see how it goes for slower moving units.(Last game we played on the previous map without road bonus, the slower moving units got mowed down as they came up the corridor.) Looks good, hope to check it out tonight.
As far as the freeze chamber rule goes, I will update your version in the OP and use it tonight. I like the auto shield on the frozen guy. Is that all you saw to change as of yet? Does the frozen guy get to roll defense with the auto skull, I would think not if he can't move.

Old July 19th, 2015, 08:47 PM
C3G Landlord

Yeah I still gave the frozen guy a def. roll for armor and what not. I placed the battlements in places more for looks, I had not thought much about them preventing force pushing. Letting you push figures off the top and down into the shadow would certainly make the board a bit more interesting. The single rock tile shadow bases on top of regular hexes is always a bad fit, we can figure out a way to cut them out if you want too. I do think you are going to need to let the dungeon tiles also give you the road bonus as I couldn't figure out a way to build the steps without them and you need the extra +3 move for going up all those steps.
Old July 19th, 2015, 08:51 PM
"like" happy

Do you propose letting all spaces or just dungeon tiles be counted as road bonus, but still let the shadow tiles give the +1 defense from non adjacent attacks.

Old July 20th, 2015, 12:17 AM
C3G Landlord

I played all the spaces gave the +3 road bonus except the Rock & Shadow tiles, oh and the two water tiles I added in at the end. That would account for the Road tiles themselves and all the Dungeon tiles. Don't Shadow tiles give you +1 defense from all attacks, not just non-adj.? If not I think I've been playing them wrong for a while now. I know Jungle Trees & Bushes are only non-adj. attacks so I was thinking Shadow also worked for adj. attacks to make them a little bit different.
Old July 20th, 2015, 01:28 AM
"like" happy

@Yodaking , I just finished a four player 2v2 game on this map. Most of all figures were melee attackers. The game kind of bottle necked in the corridor with one team taking the platform and shooting all the other guys that took the low road to avoid the bottleneck. I removed the two water spaces after playing the game. They did nothing positive for the game. I was getting in a play test of the Heroes of Fiction Kratos character we at HOF are designing. He comes back from hades on a 20 die roll and has to be placed on the lowest space on the board. The water tiles were the lowest spaces and totally got him screwed. Anyway, I also felt that there needed to be an alternate route up to the platform. Maybe some ladders are in order. Under the platform and on that side got played quite a bit more. We did not use any control points or carbon freeze rules due to us teaching my nephew how to play.(didn't want to make it more complicated) I may end up taking out a couple battlements to give the force users and other characters that move figures a way to knock people off the high ground. Loved the ladder trick, it held up the platform great. As far as the road bonus, we may want to keep watching that. My syvarris got owned by a gladiator without getting to pop off one shot before dying. Right now i'm not too excited for the road bonus. The shadow tile rule may be an adj bonus, I always thought is way a non adj only. I'll post what tweaks I have on the map using your file, modded.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Heroes of Star Wars Scape > Battlefields of Star Wars Scape