Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > Books
Books Not Heroscape-related.

Old February 29th, 2008, 04:43 PM
Emeritus Admin

Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by kboleen
Richard Scary books always thrilled me too. I loved the cross-section of things. I guess that's why I love the Star Wars cross section books now as an adult.
Yes!
Unfortunately, many are OOP and very pricey.
About three years ago, the media center of our school district was doing away with an immense selection of children's book - nearly all in sturdy Perma-Bound.
I went down to the district office and loaded up on about 6 boxes worth of books.

I was nearly drooling when I acquired about a dozen OOP, Scarry titles.

His cross-sections are indeed cool.
Old February 29th, 2008, 04:57 PM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hex_Enduction_Hour
Virginia Lee Burton and Jack Kent - two excellent Children's books artists (and authors), though I'm not familiar with Kent's Just Only John.

There are subtle thing in this book that make me laugh to this day...like..

"Daddy was a very impotaant man with his own office with his name on the door"...and the name on the door reads.....DADDY
Old February 29th, 2008, 06:54 PM

weatherr Woo who?
The first book I remember was the "Song of Hiawatha" by Longfellow. My mother read it to me when I was about 6 as a bedtime story...all 300 pages of verse.

Old February 29th, 2008, 11:50 PM

Miniature Geek is surprisingly tart
As a young child.

Arty the Smarty, And To Think That I Saw It On Mulberry Street, The Pokey Little Puppy

Your music's bad and you should feel bad.

My Customs

Better Posting and You Revisited.
Old March 1st, 2008, 12:50 AM
The Spartans of HS Tourneys

ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth
Here was my first book. My Dad loved trains

Actually My mom still has this book and I plan on giving it my my son some day.

C3V Current Broadcast 4/29/2015
C3V Testimonial from " Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen"
MY MINIATURE COLLECTION -- NEW VALHALLA
Old March 7th, 2008, 07:50 PM
Emeritus Admin

Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness
I've gotta mention this author/artist, David Wisniewski.
He retells legends from various cultures. But the best part of his efforts are his illustrations.
They're made of intricate and beautiful cut-paper sculptures.

My oldest son and daughter loved this book, Rain Player.

I just checked out Golem for them this week.
It's a bit violent and scary, but I"m hoping they'll enjoy it.

Here are some others that look great, but I haven't read:

I was sniffing around the internet just now and discovered he passed away a few years back.
Old March 7th, 2008, 08:20 PM

InThisMoment has disabled reputation
See Jane Run. Run Jane Run.

Or something like that.
Old March 8th, 2008, 04:10 AM
Emeritus Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by InThisMoment
See Jane Run. Run Jane Run.

Or something like that.

I've been wondering if there's some online source that documents all the book/titles from that era of Dick and Jane style of books?
I've been looking for one in particular that I remember from my childhood...
Old March 8th, 2008, 02:39 PM

Ormus knows what's in an order marker Ormus knows what's in an order marker Ormus knows what's in an order marker
Old March 8th, 2008, 02:46 PM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
I found an image of it online....I may have to break down and shell out some coin for a mint copy.

Old March 8th, 2008, 05:47 PM
Emeritus Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ormus
Yeah, That's a good one too! I recall a different Berenstain Bear book concerning a picnic. During a rainstorm, Father Bear takes refuge in a cave up on a hill and get electrocuted by lightning. The houses and environments (like that cave) were alway really cool and neat-looking drawings. LOVED those early Berenstain Bears books!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onacara
I found an image of it online....I may have to break down and shell out some coin for a mint copy.

Doesn't ring a bell!

But how about Ed Emberley books?
I purchased a copy of The Wizard of Op on eBay some years back for about $24. I'd never known of that title and had to have it after seeing the awesome, b&w, optical illusion artwork inside!
Old March 8th, 2008, 06:43 PM

Parduz knows what's in an order marker Parduz knows what's in an order marker Parduz knows what's in an order marker
The very first book i bought was the complete "Lucky Star" saga by Isaac Asimov.
I was 8-9 years old, i was eager of Sci-fi, and i remember that i already have read the whole Verne production (dunno if they was kids reductions or the full books).
I then have read the whole Asimov sci-fi production over the years.... with a break reading the D&D Dragonlance trilogy when i was 12.

Would you like to listen to my music?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > Books