Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old May 12th, 2008, 08:25 PM

drumtooth is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Re: Ways to Expand Heroscape (summary, page 1)

No more licensed heroscape!
Old May 14th, 2008, 09:31 PM

AriWerd Woo who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdavid6 View Post
No more licensed heroscape!

I'm pretty sure that's not a way to expand Heroscape.

-AriWerd
Old May 20th, 2008, 12:30 PM

idgit has disabled reputation

Of course if HS got licensing from movie companies instead of singular movie titles you could include star wars, starship troopers, pathfinder, kingdom of heaven, the patriot etc, my point being, get a license from Universal, and have an almost unlimited licensing line, also like new line cinema, and get hellraiser cenobytes, go to paramount and get texas chainsaw massacre (these are just examples btw).
Old May 22nd, 2008, 06:18 PM

idgit has disabled reputation

If anyone has seen the apacalypto movie directed by mel gibson, will find a wealth of eye opening subject matter related to Aztec backgrounds, and info for creating those figures types.
Old July 25th, 2008, 03:44 AM

marro_shaman has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by the mighty Thor View Post
Drizzit would be AWSOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
They kinda already have the rights, I mean he's in D&D and they publish his books... We can only hope
Old July 25th, 2008, 08:28 AM

B:T:L Matt knows what's in an order marker B:T:L Matt knows what's in an order marker

I tried to skim through this thread, but I couldn't bring myself to read all 19 pages, so hopefully my statement isn't a "been there, done that" sort of thing.

I'm not totally against licensed products for Heroscape but I'd prefer if they didn't work on licensed Heroscape. I feel if they start focusing on the licensed stuff, it'll deter them from classic Heroscape, or that the level of creativity might get hindered due to various points of focus.

For those who have Marvel Heroscape, you all know (just as I do) that Marvel Heroscape doesn't play or feel the same as classic Heroscape. Also, we've seen first hand the type of progress (none really) that Marvel Heroscape has made. Why start another licensed product? It's like starting a painting and stopping a quarter of the way to only start a new painting. Why do something new with the same idea, if you couldn't even finish what you started (Marvel expansions).

On a side note, Mighty thor, I thought the Drow elf you're talking about was named Drizzt and not Drizzit?

It takes a revolution to begin evolution...
www.myspace.com/theautimis - Check out the Heroscape inspired song, "Valhalla's On Fire" at this link!!! (lyrics included)
Old July 25th, 2008, 08:48 AM

holylink718 knows what's in an order marker holylink718 knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by B:T:L Matt View Post
I tried to skim through this thread, but I couldn't bring myself to read all 19 pages, so hopefully my statement isn't a "been there, done that" sort of thing.

I'm not totally against licensed products for Heroscape but I'd prefer if they didn't work on licensed Heroscape. I feel if they start focusing on the licensed stuff, it'll deter them from classic Heroscape, or that the level of creativity might get hindered due to various points of focus.

For those who have Marvel Heroscape, you all know (just as I do) that Marvel Heroscape doesn't play or feel the same as classic Heroscape. Also, we've seen first hand the type of progress (none really) that Marvel Heroscape has made. Why start another licensed product? It's like starting a painting and stopping a quarter of the way to only start a new painting. Why do something new with the same idea, if you couldn't even finish what you started (Marvel expansions).

On a side note, Mighty thor, I thought the Drow elf you're talking about was named Drizzt and not Drizzit?
His name is Drizzt, but "Drizzit" is the term used in book 6 (I label them in the order they were published), Sojourn, by a human boy when he tried to pronounce his name.

Perhaps Mighty thor did this intentionally, or perhaps it was an interesting coincidence...

Edit: And as for the rest of what you were saying, B:L:T Matt, I'm almost ready to throw my complete agreement in with you, but I can't help but get exited about some official units based on the D&D heroes us RPers have come to like (Eliminster, Rary the Traitor, Drizzt, Mordenkainen, etc).

Though it's probably better that they refrain from making them, as you've pointed out.

Then again, if it means heroscape lasts longer (them not making licensed heroscape products, that is), then I'm all for it!

Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter.

Good trades with: lharles

Holylink718's Repaints

Last edited by holylink718; July 25th, 2008 at 08:54 AM.
Old July 25th, 2008, 09:02 AM

B:T:L Matt knows what's in an order marker B:T:L Matt knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by holylink718 View Post
His name is Drizzt, but "Drizzit" is the term used in book 6 (I label them in the order they were published), Sojourn, by a human boy when he tried to pronounce his name.

Perhaps Mighty thor did this intentionally, or perhaps it was an interesting coincidence...
Thanks for pointing that out, I have yet not reached Book 6. Also, the B:T:L stands for Back To Life, not bacon, lettuce, and tomato, heh.

It takes a revolution to begin evolution...
www.myspace.com/theautimis - Check out the Heroscape inspired song, "Valhalla's On Fire" at this link!!! (lyrics included)

Last edited by B:T:L Matt; July 25th, 2008 at 09:08 AM.
Old July 25th, 2008, 09:09 AM

Armydillo978 is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by holylink718 View Post

Edit: And as for the rest of what you were saying, B:L:T Matt, I'm almost ready to throw my complete agreement in with you, but I can't help but get exited about some official units based on the D&D heroes us RPers have come to like (Eliminster, Rary the Traitor, Drizzt, Mordenkainen, etc).

Though it's probably better that they refrain from making them, as you've pointed out.
I'd be fine with no official D&D products made as HS products, but I'd be 'down with' some official conversions.

I think it'd be nice if WotC did that. Not go out and make all new cards and such, but perhaps just some official conversion numbers. Just a thought.

Bill
----------------
What would Zim do?

What would Rasczak say?
Old July 25th, 2008, 09:30 PM

ChocoVanilla is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

STAR WARS!!!!! DARTH VADER!!!!! YODA!!!!!FORCE POWER!!!!!
*On a side note...may the force be with you ><

MMmmmmm......you KNOW it's good.....you KNOW you want it......but you CAN"T have it!
Old July 25th, 2008, 09:32 PM

Armydillo978 is surprisingly tart

Now, I'd be ok with WotC releasing some conversions for their Star Wars Mini's games over to HS. Especially with the new movie coming out next month AND the new WotC mini figure set coming out (with a ton of Mandalorians).

Knights of the Old Republic

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x...cle/KOTORminis

Sorry, forgot to mention, the book for the new movie should be coming out TOMORROW!

http://www.amazon.com/Star-Wars-Clon...7035757&sr=1-2

Bill
----------------
What would Zim do?

What would Rasczak say?

Last edited by Armydillo978; July 25th, 2008 at 09:42 PM. Reason: Forgot the book part
Old August 11th, 2008, 02:36 PM
Good is Dumb

Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

My suggestions for ways to expand Heroscape are more for gameplay:

Dungeon crawling
- with rules for cave-ins, wondering monsters, trapped doors, spells and rogue-like abilities. These could be done using house rules, but I'd like this to be expanded officially so that we could see a different side of the game during tournaments. Terrain expansions would include things like tables that can be used for temporary but destructible objects.

Portalscape:
four tiny maps with destructible portals that can send you all over the map, assuming that: a) you don't roll a 20 and get destroyed by the damaged and unstable portals, b) you don't get sent by unstable portals to a separate map with planar beasts ready to leap from shadows. Once again, being official would make this something that my friends and I would practice for use in tournaments.

I'd also like to see WotC focus on how to make Heroscape a campaign system. Instead of D&D, on Friday night multiple people gather around a large map to fight their way through a DM-guided adventure. Velenne created a campaign, and I would like to see WotC get involved as well.

And finally, an expansion based on George RR Martin's A Song of Ice and Fire series (that will hopefully be an HBO series soon).

Check out Gulp's Glyphs Not Worth Grabbing and Gulp's Abilities Not Worth Activating! Very Useful Thread: The Heroscape Library

"Heroscapers.com is not a charity site for the illiterate." -Gbob

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion