Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Fan Art & Fiction
Fan Art & Fiction Graphic & Literary works bound only by the imagination

Old March 11th, 2024, 04:34 PM
Competitive Fan Fiction Champion & Grade A Meme CoNtributor

TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Fan Fic Contest - Are you the best writer?

Certainly unexpected. I'll likely read this (and reread EL's) at work tomorrow and post the results then. Unless anyone else suddenly comes swinging in.

~TAF

TAF was the Storyteller...
in THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT

Old March 12th, 2024, 02:01 PM

TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

OK done. I'm not gonna lie, I kind of forgot about the most recent prompt and was still thinking of the prequel one. But I've gone over the correct prompt and both stories and have reached my verdict.

Second and First Place:
Spoiler Alert!

And there you have it. You may deploy a fresh prompt whenever

~TAF

Old March 12th, 2024, 06:21 PM
He should definitely get that. (#4)

TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Spoiler Alert!

At any event, I will give myself a few hours to consider what would make a good prompt, and release it likely later today.

~TGRF.
Old March 18th, 2024, 02:44 PM

TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

A few hours, right... more like a few days. Ahem, sorry for the tardiness.

At any event, I've finally gotten my act together and given this some thought. As I'm sure many of you know, I like designing things. I also like reading about interesting new designs I had never thought of. Thus, that is your challenge:
Quote:
I want you to come up with a design, the more original the better. The design can be for anything: new soulborg, new summoned unit, previously unseen fortress, mysterious magic system, whatever you can come up with. The design can be the setting of your story, the main obstacle, or even the main character.

Your true challenge will be to come up with a design, craft a story to show it, but not sacrifice the story for the design. Ultimately I still want a solid story, only centered around a design. Not a design with a story on the side.
I realize a 'design' might be a bit open-ended, so here are some examples off the top of my head:
Spoiler Alert!

I'm basically looking for something new which will make me think 'huh, that's something cool I've never thought of.' The design doesn't necessarily need to be spelled out, as long as there's enough of it to let me speculate on what it is, or how it works. Let me know if you need more details. Deadline pending entries. Word limit 10,000.

~TGRF.
Old March 19th, 2024, 04:51 PM

I'll see what I can cook up, although a clever design will need a clever story to go with it, and both will need time to think up.

~TAF

Old March 21st, 2024, 12:54 PM
That's right! He can be taught!

Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby! Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby! Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby! Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby! Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAverageFan View Post
I'll see what I can cook up, although a clever design will need a clever story to go with it, and both will need time to think up.

~TAF
I wouldn't worry about it too much. The last one only took two years to resolve.

Feeling like an old lurker. 15 years, wow. That's half as long as I've lived. Love y'all like family.
Old March 21st, 2024, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elven Lord View Post
Quote:

~TAF
I wouldn't worry about it too much. The last one only took two years to resolve.
You underestimate my powers

~TAF

Old March 25th, 2024, 03:44 PM

Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby! Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby! Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby! Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby! Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

~TAF
You underestimate my powers

~TAF
How's yours coming along TAF? Mine's about 3/4 done.

EDIT: Also I just noticed the word limit 10k? What does TGRF want, a novella?

Feeling like an old lurker. 15 years, wow. That's half as long as I've lived. Love y'all like family.

Last edited by Elven Lord; March 25th, 2024 at 04:24 PM.
Old March 25th, 2024, 05:36 PM

Quote:
EDIT: Also I just noticed the word limit 10k? What does TGRF want, a novella?
The last word limit was also 10k. FREEDOM!!

~TGRF.
Old March 25th, 2024, 07:45 PM

Bro I'm still in the ideas phase. But once all is figured out, it ought to be a pretty quick write-up I'm sure. But we'll see.

~TAF

Old March 26th, 2024, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Bro I'm still in the ideas phase. But once all is figured out, it ought to be a pretty quick write-up I'm sure. But we'll see.

~TAF
PFFFF, planning. Just write!

Jk, I'm cheating a little bit like TGRF using an existing world build

Old March 26th, 2024, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Quote:

~TAF
PFFFF, planning. Just write!

Jk, I'm cheating a little bit like TGRF using an existing world build
It's only cheating if you use something you've previously written. Using a previously established world or character is a perfectly acceptable loophole.

~TGRF.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Fan Art & Fiction