Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Heroes of Star Wars Scape
Heroes of Star Wars Scape The place for all your Star Wars customs needs.

Old February 24th, 2015, 09:20 PM
was heroscaper2010. Now Beep, Beep, I'm a Sheep

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!
Re: The Public design of Hoth Han

That version looks pretty good. I did really like the theme of AITTSBOTO but oh well.
Old February 25th, 2015, 05:13 AM

Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun

I liked having Carry there - it seemed to retain a little bit of what was tried with Smell Bad and keeps a bit of the rescuer and helpful friend theme. But Yodaking's suggestion also sounds good about carry and aggressive scouting not working together. My suggestion:

Han Solo, on Tauntaun
Rebel Alliance

Human
Unique Hero
Scout
Bold
LARGE ???

Life 5
Move 7
Range 5
Attack 3
Defense 4
Points ???

AGGRESSIVE SCOUTING
If Han attacks a figure that was not within 5 clear sight spaces when he started his turn, he may attack one additional time. He may not use this ability if he used Carry this turn.

Carry

SNOW AND ICE ENHANCED MOVEMENT
Slippery Ice and Heavy Snow only count as 1 space when moving.

This is a relatively simple, but nevertheless useful and unique design. I'm not such a fan of the Droid Swat ability - a casual SW user wouldn't know anything about that, it's limited in it's usefulness, and you swap the theme of a helpful guy (through Carry) to an annoyed Tauntaun that smacks Droids. Furthermore, when Luke or the generic Rebel on a Tauntaun come around, they'd practically be forced to have Droid Swat as well if we make it such a Tauntaun ability.

EDIT: As far as making the abilities standard (being able to use the exact wording for another figure), we might have to work a little on Aggressive Scouting, because the clause about carry is kind of exclusive to this design. Maybe remove it from that and call the other ability Tauntaun Carry and add something to it that would negate Aggressive Scouting. Or we decide Aggressive Scouting is unique to Han and leave it the way it is.

Jugger

It's like football with swords or LARPing without the geeky stuff. In other words, it's awesomely perfect!

Last edited by Tai-Pan; February 25th, 2015 at 05:52 AM.
Old February 25th, 2015, 01:00 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

I could go with that direction Tai-Pan. In the end it is ultimately up to the LD though, is @weebaer around?
Old February 25th, 2015, 01:46 PM
Saving the world - one lonely Marro at a time

mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth

I Like Tai-Pan's version as well. I think we should use the standard Carry power and leave the restriction on AS. Then, if we do Luke we can keep Carry and SaIEM and give him another attack boost power that he can't use if he used Carry. The regular Rebel Trooper on TaunTaun might just have Carry and SaIEM without any other boosts.

My Customs HoSS HoSS Sortable Index
Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Tourney Record: 2-11 I4031
Old February 25th, 2015, 02:28 PM
wants to have Anne Hathaway's babies

Schulzy rolls all skulls baby! Schulzy rolls all skulls baby! Schulzy rolls all skulls baby! Schulzy rolls all skulls baby! Schulzy rolls all skulls baby!

I'l text weebaer until he manifests himself.

I like the way this design looks, and am excited to test it out!
Old February 25th, 2015, 03:17 PM

weebaer rolls all skulls baby! weebaer rolls all skulls baby! weebaer rolls all skulls baby! weebaer rolls all skulls baby! weebaer rolls all skulls baby! weebaer rolls all skulls baby!

Looks Great Tai-Pan! Thanks for keeping Aggressive Scouting in there! I thought I had turned LD authority over to HoSS, but thanks for continuing to include me. (I also like that there is not a switching of figures, which I was not fond of)
Old February 25th, 2015, 03:18 PM

Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun

Any thoughts on cost? I'm feeling 110.

Same cost as Brunak - more life, less defense, similar special attack ability (Brunak's is stronger, but Han is ranged), Han is faster (with the potential to be boosted by Mittens up to 9), but Brunak is huge. Both carry, both have a terrain-immunity. Seems like a good fit.

In the SW-world, being on par with the Wampa and Dengar seems about right too. I wouldn't put him in the same category as Smuggler Han, I don't think, so 110 sounds right.

Jugger

It's like football with swords or LARPing without the geeky stuff. In other words, it's awesomely perfect!
Old February 25th, 2015, 03:57 PM
wants to have Anne Hathaway's babies

Schulzy rolls all skulls baby! Schulzy rolls all skulls baby! Schulzy rolls all skulls baby! Schulzy rolls all skulls baby! Schulzy rolls all skulls baby!

Well shucks, was I the only one that was in the camp for figure switching?

What's the protocol for playtesting a public design figure? I might have an opportunity to playtest this guy tomorrow (slim chance). If anything, I'll just try Tai-Pan's draft at 110 and go crazy, unless something more comes to light in the meantime.
Old February 25th, 2015, 04:13 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

We need to vote on a specific design for public play testing, then you can sign up and play test that design.

I didn't realize you did not want to LD this guy any more weebaer. If that is the case we should select someone knew to be the LD so we can keep things organized and moving along.
Old February 25th, 2015, 04:36 PM
guy who got blown up over Yavin, The

Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth

I liked the figure switching too.

For testing public designs, it should technically be voted to Initial test or Public testing first. But it seems like there is a lot of support for the Tai-Pan version, so if you were to run a test and post it, I'm sure nobody would complain...

Since weebaer is turning over LD to HoSS, I suppose we can call for a vote to move on the process.

So I propose we take this version to Initial Test:

Quote:
Han Solo (on Tauntaun)
Rebel Alliance

Human
Unique Hero
Scout
Bold
LARGE

Life 5
Move 7
Range 5
Attack 3
Defense 4
Points 110

CARRY
Before moving Han Solo, choose an unengaged friendly small or medium figure adjacent to him. After you move Han Solo, place the chosen figure adjacent to him.

AGGRESSIVE SCOUTING
If Han Solo attacks a figure that was not within 5 clear sight spaces when he started his turn, he may attack one additional time. Han may not use this ability if he used Carry this turn.

Old February 25th, 2015, 04:43 PM

Koolster25 rolls all skulls baby! Koolster25 rolls all skulls baby! Koolster25 rolls all skulls baby! Koolster25 rolls all skulls baby! Koolster25 rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porkins View Post
I liked the figure switching too.

For testing public designs, it should technically be voted to Initial test or Public testing first. But it seems like there is a lot of support for the Tai-Pan version, so if you were to run a test and post it, I'm sure nobody would complain...

Since weebaer is turning over LD to HoSS, I suppose we can call for a vote to move on the process.

So I propose we take this version to Initial Test:

Quote:
Han Solo (on Tauntaun)
Rebel Alliance

Human
Unique Hero
Scout
Bold
LARGE

Life 5
Move 7
Range 5
Attack 3
Defense 4
Points 110

CARRY
Before moving Han Solo, choose an unengaged friendly small or medium figure adjacent to him. After you move Han Solo, place the chosen figure adjacent to him.

AGGRESSIVE SCOUTING
If Han Solo attacks a figure that was not within 5 clear sight spaces when he started his turn, he may attack one additional time. Han may not use this ability if he used Carry this turn.

Any idea on the height?

And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and you will receive eternal life."
But John came fifth, and won a toaster.
My Customs
Old February 25th, 2015, 04:46 PM
Name's Ash... Housewares

Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun

I really like Carry. I think that really embodies the protection feel we want from a Hoth Han. I'm not entirely sold on Aggressive Scouting, though. That doesn't really feel like a scouting maneuver. What if Aggressive Scouting changed into something that allowed you to move Han 'X' number of spaces at the very start of the game? That would give the player the feel where Han went out into the cold before everyone else to go save Luke.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Heroes of Star Wars Scape