Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > HoME Customs
HoME Customs A place for Heroes of Middle Earth Customs

Notices

Old July 7th, 2020, 12:37 PM

Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Workbook of Cave Troll of Moria - Playtesting (Fellowshi

Oops I meant BoV, thought they were related for some reason.
Battlefields of Valhalla
Old July 8th, 2020, 02:15 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splash View Post
Oops I meant BoV, thought they were related for some reason.
Battlefields of Valhalla
You don't need to restrict yourself to those, and in fact the early ones are kinda' bad.

If you look at Online Heroscape events their maps are pretty good. The last few years of GenCon maps are usually pretty good also.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old July 8th, 2020, 02:37 PM

Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Any playtesting forms we have or should work on or should I just run two games and report back?
Are there any synergy/suggestions anyone has?
Also could you post some links to those cool maps please?
Old July 8th, 2020, 06:06 PM

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

There is a playtest form here, but you could simplify it if you like.

We built him with no synergies on purpose. You can splash 1x or 2x or more of them into any army. Ornak is an obvious choice, I suppose.

You can find the GenCon map pool history here. I would bias towards map used very very often and/or used in the last ~4 years.

You can also find plenty of good competitive maps listed in the OPs of these threads.
2018 C3V Playtest tourney
2019 C3V Playtest tourney
2020 C3V Playtest tourney
OHS Season 29
OHS Season 30
OHS Season 31
OHS Season 34
OHS Season 35
OHS Special Event: Bring the Cheese

--
--
--

--
Old July 8th, 2020, 06:41 PM

Awesome, thanks! I'll try to have it done in the next few days.
Old July 9th, 2020, 04:15 PM

I set up the combat hex next to a stack of terrrain. Gimme a sec to get pictures up.
Looks like the troll's head is right on the border of 7 and 8. The top point of the mace is right between 9 and 10.
Also it's comparable to Krug or Gurei-Oni in size, so it's also a toss up between Large and Huge.

Last edited by Splash; July 11th, 2020 at 09:55 PM.
Old July 9th, 2020, 04:23 PM

Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

That looks awesome next to the tiles.

I like "large" for the troll - there aren't a ton of things that will naturally fall into the "large" category in HoME (lots of Medium with a fair amount of Small & Huge) so whenever something's close to large I think it makes sense to err that way. Trolls (& maybe Mirkwood spiders) seem like the best bets to fill the "large" category to me.
Old July 9th, 2020, 04:28 PM

That's fair, I'd support Large 8.
Old July 10th, 2020, 12:40 PM

Those images don't show up for me unfortunately

--
--
--

--
Old July 10th, 2020, 05:27 PM

Looks like we need a new owner for this thread. @Shiftrex @Chris Perkins @MasterScaper1 do one of you want to volunteer to take responsibility for updating the OP with any changes going forward?

--
--
--

--
Old July 10th, 2020, 05:36 PM

Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I'll take the thread.
@Porkins - can you merge this post with the OP to give me control of the thread? Thanks
Old July 11th, 2020, 01:25 AM

Think I fixed it, last one's still not showing. I'll try again on my laptop tomorrow.

edit: Should be good now

Last edited by Splash; July 11th, 2020 at 09:56 PM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > HoME Customs