Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Heroes of Star Wars Scape
Heroes of Star Wars Scape The place for all your Star Wars customs needs.

Old April 29th, 2015, 03:20 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth
Re: The Holocron of Admiral Ozzel

You could make it a little more general for larger army building options. Something like this?

SITH MOTIVATION
As long as you also control a Sith or Sith Lord in your army, you may add 1 to Admiral Ozzel's attack and defense numbers. After rolling for the Surprise Attack Special Power, place 1 wound marker on this card if an 8 or lower was rolled.
Old April 29th, 2015, 03:32 PM

Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun

This idea (while being probably the best suggestion for providing the connection between Vader and Ozzel) goes against one of my main principles of figure-design:

Why does this figure have this ability and others don't?

There's nothing specific about Ozzel that would cause him to be more motivated by a Sith than anyone else. Thematically, this might work if he were supposed to be someone eager to please or be recognized by Sith, but Ozzel doesn't fit the bill. Something like "Imperial Cadets" (SW Rebels Customs, anyone?) might work for that kind of thing, because they are motivated to prove themselves.

Another problem I have is that this ability tries to capture the effect of Force Choke without using Force Choke. In relation to Force Choke, this ability actually makes it less probable (increased attack dice means less whiffs), but it introduces a "fake" version of Force Choke that allows the effect to be imitated.

Jugger

It's like football with swords or LARPing without the geeky stuff. In other words, it's awesomely perfect!
Old April 29th, 2015, 05:03 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

I would just stick with the surprise attack and go from there. As when I play with vader I keep all my other heroes out of his way. If you made him a viable option to play squads as he does he would be much more usuable than if he had a connection with vader. I think surpise attack on its own is great. The other was just an afterthought.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old April 30th, 2015, 02:24 AM

Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun

So, it sounds like a general concensus to have Ozzel with only the Surprise Attack.

4 Life
5 Move
7 Range
2 Attack
2 Defense

SURPRISE ATTACK
After taking a turn with Admiral Ozzel in which he attacked an enemy figure, you may reveal the X Order Marker on this card and choose 6 Common Squad figures you control that follow the Galactic Empire and take a turn with those figures. Before taking a turn with the chosen figures, you must roll the 20-sided die.
Roll the 20-sided die.
1-8 All opponent's figures attacked during this turn may add 2 to their defense.
9-16 All figures you control may add 2 to their move for this turn.
17+ All figures you control may add 2 to their move and 1 to their attack for this turn.

Any ideas on pricing? I feel like he'll be somewhere around the Imperial Officer.

Jugger

It's like football with swords or LARPing without the geeky stuff. In other words, it's awesomely perfect!

Last edited by Tai-Pan; April 30th, 2015 at 09:01 AM.
Old April 30th, 2015, 07:10 AM

Koolster25 rolls all skulls baby! Koolster25 rolls all skulls baby! Koolster25 rolls all skulls baby! Koolster25 rolls all skulls baby! Koolster25 rolls all skulls baby!

I'd say 70-75ish.

Surprise Attack would be great if used twice on an init win. That'd be a cool combo with C-3 or the glyph of Dagmar.

Also, in the last sentence of the first paragraph there are two periods.

And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and you will receive eternal life."
But John came fifth, and won a toaster.
My Customs
Old April 30th, 2015, 10:23 AM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

I'd say Koolster's on the right track with 70-75, He looks like a fun addition to the empire in the way you have him there. I would be more than happy to add this guy to my collection as he is. Also the theme of the Hoth surprise attack is well placed.

Old April 30th, 2015, 11:36 AM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Have you thought about the class & personality at all?

In larger point games, Tarkin will give him a chance to win initiative as well as move more units up into position for the surprise attack. You could also have Tarkin & Ozzel fight each other and as Tarkin become more overconfident, Ozzel will become more likely to pull off a surprise counter attack. You would need to hold Ozzel back the first few rounds but that would be easy enough to do in the large point games where Tarkin shines.
Old April 30th, 2015, 11:46 AM

Admiral is the logical Class. A vanilla personality would be disciplined.

Vader says, "He is as clumsy as he is stupid", but I don't know if that would pass as personality....

I'm open for suggestions.

Concerning Obi-Wan Kenobi, has HoSS actually designed a Weak-Minded Power? That might be an option here, although one could argue that if beings like Greedo don't have it, neither should this guy.

Jugger

Old April 30th, 2015, 12:04 PM
was heroscaper2010. Now Beep, Beep, I'm a Sheep

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!

Can't say what figure the design is for but yes, we have designed a Weak Minded special power:

Quote:
WEAK MINDED
When ***** is targeted for a Special Power that allows your opponent to take temporary or permanent control of this figure, add 4 to that roll.
Old April 30th, 2015, 01:53 PM
Saving the world - one lonely Marro at a time

mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by heroscaper2010 View Post
Can't say what figure the design is for but yes, we have designed a Weak Minded special power:

Quote:
WEAK MINDED
When ***** is targeted for a Special Power that allows your opponent to take temporary or permanent control of this figure, add 4 to that roll.
It's currently on an Episode VI design. I believe when we first came up with it several years ago, we envisioned more figures using it.

I don't see it for Ozzel, though. He was ambitious and competitive, but not weak-minded.

My Customs HoSS HoSS Sortable Index
Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Tourney Record: 2-11 I4031
Old April 30th, 2015, 06:05 PM

Yeah, I don't like it so much either. I thought maybe it would be a power that did something like make a Hero be treated as a Common Squad figure for other special abilities or something like that. Make "weak" heroes like Imperial Officers or weak bounty hunters be liable to be effected by things like Jedi Mind Trick or Vader's Intimidation.

Jugger

Old May 9th, 2015, 02:22 PM
"like" happy

@Tai-Pan , are you good on keeping him at where he is with only surprise attack, do you want anybody to play test him at 70 to 75 points for starting. I think I would like a lower point hero to kind of fill the gap for imperials. I am anxious to see how he plays in an army without point hogs like vader. If you are satisfied with where he is I wouldn't mind trying him out.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Heroes of Star Wars Scape