Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Marvel Official Rules and FAQ's
Marvel Official Rules and FAQ's A place to discuss specific questions regarding Marvel rules and cards.

Notices

Old July 27th, 2011, 02:17 PM

DrRansom rolls all skulls baby! DrRansom rolls all skulls baby! DrRansom rolls all skulls baby! DrRansom rolls all skulls baby! DrRansom rolls all skulls baby!
Re: An Apologetic Revdyer

Thanos works well in conjunction with any army that can spread out and drag the game out..

Ooh.. a return themed army featuring only Thanos + Zombies.
Old July 27th, 2011, 03:48 PM

Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby!

On the subject of Thanos, he works well with Kurrok because activating elementals you get 3 Rejected rolls per OM. This works best with Air Elementals because they can stall well. However, 600 is a bare minimum, and I probably wouldn't play it at less than 700.

Here's the core:

360 Thanos
120 Kurrok
120 Air Elementals x4

Build on that with more AEs, and some Waters if you want some more non-Thanos offence.
Old July 27th, 2011, 08:56 PM
Founding Member of C3G and C3V

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

What I am hearing all around is that Thanos works well in just about any army.

If you are going for a straight up fun thematic game, I don't think there is a more perfectly thematic design than Hulk.
Old July 27th, 2011, 09:25 PM
Our Invaluable & Highly Esteemed Resident Chaplain

Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth

Well, to tell the truth, the only theme I really worry about is "HeroScape."

I'd put Kelda and the Hulk and Taelord in the same army if I wanted to.
Old July 27th, 2011, 09:44 PM

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revdyer View Post
Well, to tell the truth, the only theme I really worry about is "HeroScape."

I'd put Kelda and the Hulk and Taelord in the same army if I wanted to.
There ya go. For me, I have always preferred thematic armies and factional fighting. It took me a year and a half before I would mix even my Valhalla Generals together.
Old July 28th, 2011, 08:43 AM

Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

We haven't played Marvel in a while, but you might want to consider a house rule that Marvel figures can't be insta-killed. Braxas, Grimnak, the Rechets, Sudema, ... can wreck an opposing army very quickly. Of course, it might be fun to play these figures against Marvel before you make it a house rule.
Old July 28th, 2011, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich10 View Post
We haven't played Marvel in a while, but you might want to consider a house rule that Marvel figures can't be insta-killed. Braxas, Grimnak, the Rechets, Sudema, ... can wreck an opposing army very quickly. Of course, it might be fun to play these figures against Marvel before you make it a house rule.
I think Rev and his buddy appreciate and look for counter opportunities. So I think think "their game" is using Heroscape to continuously come back at each other with counter armies to the one that beat them the previous week. With that said, they will likely want to keep those counter options you listed on the table. Though I agree that they are what I consider "unbalanced" counter options.
Old July 28th, 2011, 10:53 AM

Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth

Yeah, our style of "you have to keep your current army until it loses" means the insta-kills are sometimes the only way to take an army down. We'll keep the regular rules.
Old July 28th, 2011, 06:04 PM
Adrian Monk

1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth

I look forward to hearing about your continued play with (mixed) Marvel, Rev. We mix at my house, but not all the time. And, having young boys who love Supers, we've gone into the Heroclix/C3G cards and figures so much that we don't mix as much as we used to--there are just so many fun Supers to play now!

Anyhow, I'm really curious to hear about some of your favorite mixed armies.
Old July 28th, 2011, 06:12 PM

Well, this evening we proved (twice) that the Silver Surfer and Zelrig (backed by Isamu and Marcu who didn't even enter into things) will beat Capt. America and the 4th Mass (backed by Kyntela). Once close. Once a shut-out. Zelrig was rolling good and the 4th pretty much went down without a fight. Ouch.
Old July 29th, 2011, 12:00 AM

Dang! 4th getting owned. I am guessing Zelrig had the biggest part to play in that.
Old July 29th, 2011, 12:05 AM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Zelrig+SS is a nasty combo. A great opener and a great closer.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Marvel Official Rules and FAQ's