Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Marvel News
Marvel News Hasbro-released news, store sightings, etc. specific to Marvel HS

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old July 11th, 2007, 02:12 AM

soberman knows what's in an order marker soberman knows what's in an order marker
GaryLASQ wrote:
Quote:
Now that I own this and have played a few games I can say I like it a bit more than I thought I would. I'm not a comic collector/reader and only familiar with a small handful of Super Heroes/Villians through movies and television.
Good on you!

Quote:
The amount of terrain tiles is skimpy but I don't mind that since there is so much modular terrain already out there that plugs right in. Playing the Marvel scenarios in the rulebook on those two tiny flat maps only reminds me of how much more strategy is involved with more complex maps. (Even more so when the map is not symmetrical )
I was gonna be tactless and start an thread in the maps section entitled The Natural World doesn't look like an M.C. Escher Print, but, after the bit of commotion I started at the start of this thread, I have back peddled. (I'm really a nice guy.) Still, I do get frustrated thumbing through page after page of useless (to me) maps on this site to find only a scant few asymmetrical maps. When I found your site, I was pleased to see that, sometime after constructing your avatar, you started to go away from symmetry. Please post some more! As an aside, I have noticed that the people who make asymmetrical maps are more apt to write scenaios to go with them. I'm not sure how much of this is due to higher creativity versus the other maps being simply made with tournaments in mind.

Quote:
I give it a . Glad I bought it. Now to start using the black Asphalt tiles as another type of Lava Field tile on a Classic Heroscape battlefieled
I have long thought about using them as tarpits and employing Hasbro's rules for quicksand from the quicksand firefight scenario. Also, how off-white are the floor tiles? I have figured that they would be a great way to mix light AND heavy snow simultaneously on a tundra board, with the marvel tiles representing light snow.

Oh, almost forgot to add how much I appreciate the ease of reading your map diagrams with whatever wonderful software you are using!

Thanks again

Soberman

Now Playing: De Tarde, Vendo O Mar: The Sound of Brazil (Bebel Gilberto singing the end song from Miyazaki's Kiki's Delivery Service)!!!

Currently Reading: Haruki Murakami: the Wind-Up Bird Chronicle

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Marvel News