Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios
Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios

Old December 13th, 2018, 02:44 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth
Re: Superfrog's Maps -- new map 12/11

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
It is pretty, and simple. It looks friendly to pods and has a lot of chokepoints, though. I wonder if you could use the trees to block up sight lines in the middle some more?
I don't think I entirely agree about the pod-friendliness. The level 4 spaces are decently close to the SZ, sure, but they're 7+ spaces away, which means it will take most figures two turns to reach. Trying to set that up with multiple army cards would be a challenge in most armies. It's also very accessible from the road, especially if the opponent goes to their right.

As far as LoS and chokepoints, I think I can move some things around to throw some trees in the middle and remove the walls. That should help on both accounts.

customs/maps/c3v/sov/card tutorial/sell list

CVN~ "I highly recommend C3V customs!"
Old December 13th, 2018, 04:44 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth
Re: Superfrog's Maps -- October revised 12/13

October revised build instructions. EDIT: This has been further revised by moving the central trees one space backwards towards the ruins. The image above is correct except for this change.

I went in to make a few changes, and ended up making more than I anticipated, but I think the map is much stronger for it.

First, I removed the walls and the surrounding low ground/t-glyph/water area. The road 5-hex got bumped up to level 3. I pushed both of the level 4 rock 3-hexes forward, to make them more central (they're now 9/10 spaces away from each SZ instead of 7/13), and to make all three of the spaces attackable by melee from the road. The middle now has a much better flow for units trying to cross the road and attack the perches. I switched the orientation of the ruins and moved the trees to help block LoS from the perches. The footprint, road shape, and glyph locations remain unchanged.

Last edited by superfrog; December 13th, 2018 at 05:18 PM.
Old December 13th, 2018, 04:53 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth

What do you think about bumping the two trees in the middle back one space towards the ruins, and bumping the two trees by the glyphs up on to the nearest space of the 3-hex heights?

A Child of the Risen Lord
--
Oklahoma HS Events - Colorado HS Events
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Maps Customs Trades
Old December 13th, 2018, 05:09 PM
This is merely a joke.

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
What do you think about bumping the two trees in the middle back one space towards the ruins, and bumping the two trees by the glyphs up on to the nearest space of the 3-hex heights?
I might will make the first change, as it helps block LoS for figures coming around the ruins a smidge more, but I think I'll skip the second (which I did consider while rebuilding). Moving the tree up onto the height restricts LoS nicely (which is why I considered it), but it also makes the height farther from the far player and dragon-perchable. I don't usually like 2-hexes being the highest point.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios