Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Notices

Old October 1st, 2018, 02:10 PM

SkullScape is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
How do you store your figures?

As my collection grows and I put more and more (and more) money into it, I feel the need to find a better way to store and transport my collection. Wondering what some of you guys who have been playing for years have decided on for storage and transportation? I use a plastic storage bin for my terrain which seems to work ok. The thing I am wrestling with is the figures. I have thought about going the pick and pull foam option but with the amount of figures I have Im not sure it is the best option. The foam is not cheap and I think to individually house all the figures in the foam I would fill multiple cases. Any advice or opinions would be greatly appreciated!
Old October 1st, 2018, 03:51 PM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth
Re: How do you store your figures?

I had all my figures in a big bucket (I've only had a few Confrontation and Heroclix minis break and they were easily glued; the Heroscape/Star Wars/D&D figures are very durable), but just this past weekend I organized them by general and stuck each general's figures in individual gallon ziplock bags. It should make finding the right figures much faster on game night. It won't be too protected but like I said I haven't had any problems with figures breaking.
Old October 2nd, 2018, 10:17 AM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

I store my heroscape miniatures on a set of display shelves Ive built in my mancave next to my card holders. I have quite a decent sized collection so it takes up the entire wall. I have it like this for many reasons.
1. Fun to look at and admire all the awesome.
2. Ease of access. I can see and pick an army very quickly.
3. Time. I generally play scape at my place and we just pull the figures down and put them back up when we are done. If im going to a tournament I place each army picked in a ziplock and then put it back on the wall when Im done.
4. Keeping the figures nice. Keeping them up on the display wall keeps them from breaking and warping In a bag or bucket. When I used to keep them in totes and bags I could never find them quickly had some break and a bunch warp. Hope this helps.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old October 2nd, 2018, 11:11 AM

SkullScape is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Sounds like a good method, unfortunately I dont have to space to display my collection. Also I dont usually play at my place so I am transporting it regularly.
Old October 2nd, 2018, 02:03 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

Little tip as there are many other threads on this - use the advanced search function and put storage as keyword and Search Titles Only and Show Results as: Threads

From Heroscape Storage thread:
Quote:
Originally Posted by lefton4ya View Post
I fit the samll-medium figures in a Stanley Carrying Case and larger case for larger figures and dice/glyphs

The terrain I keep in 3-Compartment Plastic Drawer Unit - fits in my closet or the back of a car.

This post is outdated (needs new links) but still relevant
Quote:
Originally Posted by lefton4ya View Post
Have got sleeves from HouseMouseGames, eBay user stowoodbury, and that came with a large craigslist order, but just ordered the Snap-N-Store CD Storage Box from TigerDirect.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion