Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion
Competitive Armies Discussion Discuss, critique, and build ideas for tournament-caliber armies.

Old October 14th, 2010, 04:40 PM

Perdido Woo who?
Re: "I could beat that army!" Theoryscape Challenge

Noted.

Last edited by Perdido; October 14th, 2010 at 05:07 PM.
Old October 14th, 2010, 05:00 PM
<>character<>

LordEsenwienIV wears ripped pants of awesomeness LordEsenwienIV wears ripped pants of awesomeness LordEsenwienIV wears ripped pants of awesomeness LordEsenwienIV wears ripped pants of awesomeness LordEsenwienIV wears ripped pants of awesomeness LordEsenwienIV wears ripped pants of awesomeness LordEsenwienIV wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perdido View Post
I got a bit of a twist: 2 premade armies going up against each other.

My army

2x Microcorp Agents
Braxas
James Murphy

Opponent's Army

Nilfheim
Thorgrim tVC
Finn
Eldgrim
1x 4th Mass
1x Tarn Viking Warriors

Nilfheim is a pretty rough customer, but with the Viking enchancements (opponent typically likes to suicide the Viking Champions right off the bat), he becomes a 7/7/5 beast.

I think I have the advantage of having a smaller army and superior range with the Microcorp (7 vs. 6 for the 4th Mass and 5 for Nilfheim's Ice Shards attack) but it seems like I may be outmatched here.
This really isn't what this thread is for.

Old October 14th, 2010, 05:36 PM
Is a Tingly Soldier of Valhalla

Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fen_Hydra View Post
Marrden Hounds 90/90
Marrden Hounds 90/180
Marrden Hounds 90/270
Zelrig 185/455
Marcu 20/475
Isamu 10/485
Otonashi 10/495
495 points, 23 spaces.

Zelrig bombs the rats. Otonashi runs in and trys to hurt Braxas. Hounds move in and are immune to PAB. Isamu and Marcu for clean-up.
Death Chasers x4
Warhulk
Pulverizer
Marcu
Isamu
500/17

Death Chasers rush out of the Start Zone, crippling the Z-bomb potential. Their 4 attack should do pretty well against the Hounds 5 defense. Marcu grabs a nearby glyph, if appropriate. Warhulk hopes for a few good D20 rolls to smack everything nearby. With 8 life he's not particularly worried about Plague, and if he gets a chance to rush Zelly at the cost of a couple leaving engagement strikes he'll take it. Pulverizer waits to face the 1-defense vamp and ninja; he might come out early if the opposing Marcu needs to be knocked off a glyph.

I considered Nerak as a subject for the Death Chasers bonding, but I discarded him since the Hounds have a chance to bypass defense and decided to spend the points on more warm bodies and better damage output potential for my army.

132-98-0 (4/13/09-4/15/24)
38-17-0 (10/17/09-3/9/24)
Old October 14th, 2010, 05:39 PM

chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness

nvm
Old October 14th, 2010, 05:39 PM

chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness

double post sry
Old October 14th, 2010, 05:40 PM

I just noticed in my last posts that take up room, this thread is almost 100 pages!
Old October 14th, 2010, 10:18 PM

marroking1 knows what's in an order marker marroking1 knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killometer View Post
Quote:
Marrden Hounds 90/90
Marrden Hounds 90/180
Marrden Hounds 90/270
Zelrig 185/455
Marcu 20/475
Isamu 10/485
Otonashi 10/495
495 points, 23 spaces.

Zelrig bombs the rats. Otonashi runs in and trys to hurt Braxas. Hounds move in and are immune to PAB. Isamu and Marcu for clean-up.
Death Chasers x4
Warhulk
Pulverizer
Marcu
Isamu
500/17

Death Chasers rush out of the Start Zone, crippling the Z-bomb potential. Their 4 attack should do pretty well against the Hounds 5 defense. Marcu grabs a nearby glyph, if appropriate. Warhulk hopes for a few good D20 rolls to smack everything nearby. With 8 life he's not particularly worried about Plague, and if he gets a chance to rush Zelly at the cost of a couple leaving engagement strikes he'll take it. Pulverizer waits to face the 1-defense vamp and ninja; he might come out early if the opposing Marcu needs to be knocked off a glyph.

I considered Nerak as a subject for the Death Chasers bonding, but I discarded him since the Hounds have a chance to bypass defense and decided to spend the points on more warm bodies and better damage output potential for my army.
10xRed Wrym-300
Zelrig-485
Isumu-495.
Zelrig and Kids take out the Chasers and then move on to the Ogres.

marroking1 is Major Q9...
in the DIAMOND CAVE[/URL]...
Old October 14th, 2010, 11:14 PM
Fully Baked

krysto2002 knows what's in an order marker krysto2002 knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by marroking1 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killometer View Post
Quote:
Marrden Hounds 90/90
Marrden Hounds 90/180
Marrden Hounds 90/270
Zelrig 185/455
Marcu 20/475
Isamu 10/485
Otonashi 10/495
495 points, 23 spaces.

Death Chasers x4
Warhulk
Pulverizer
Marcu
Isamu
500/17

10xRed Wrym-300
Zelrig-485
Isumu-495.
Zelrig and Kids take out the Chasers and then move on to the Ogres.
DW 9K - no seriously - 140
Blasts x3 - 180
Q9 - 180

These truths are self evident... by the way, 9 range is AWESOME and Zelrig can't bomb if he's engaged (Homing Device + Q9 anyone?)
Q9 does his thing, even though I positively hate it... Makes quick work of 10 wyrms, possibly even Zelrig himself. B-Trons spread out to avoid nuking.

Sometimes, you just have to start over.
Old October 15th, 2010, 09:23 AM
Except when I need the move boost

I Hate Atlaga knows what's in an order marker I Hate Atlaga knows what's in an order marker I Hate Atlaga knows what's in an order marker

DW8K 130
Sonlen 290
Repulsors x4 450
Arkmer

Sonlen and the Repulsors go for a lucky roll on DW9K, 8K mows down B'trons, and then repulsor kill everyone else. Arkmers attack of four can hopefully finish of Q9 if needed.

I Hate Atlaga is the Roman Legionnaire...
in THE CLOCK TOWER
Old October 15th, 2010, 09:52 AM

marroking1 knows what's in an order marker marroking1 knows what's in an order marker

2xDeath Knights-120
Taelord-300
2xOmnicrons-500
The DKs move Taelord into a better position and kill some repulsors.Then the omnicrons take there height and take down the repulsors and move onto the DW8K.

marroking1 is Major Q9...
in the DIAMOND CAVE[/URL]...
Old October 15th, 2010, 09:57 AM
Except when I need the move boost

I Hate Atlaga knows what's in an order marker I Hate Atlaga knows what's in an order marker I Hate Atlaga knows what's in an order marker

Syvarris
Kaemon Awa
Q10
Kee-Mo-Shi

Archers pick off Taelord as he advances, then Kee-Mo-Shi bypasses high Death Knight Defense with toxic skin, and the rest hunt down the Snipers.

I Hate Atlaga is the Roman Legionnaire...
in THE CLOCK TOWER
Old October 15th, 2010, 10:08 AM

Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Hate Atlaga View Post
Syvarris
Kaemon Awa
Q10
Kee-Mo-Shi

Archers pick off Taelord as he advances, then Kee-Mo-Shi bypasses high Death Knight Defense with toxic skin, and the rest hunt down the Snipers.
90 Atlaga
80 Raelin
330 Protectors of Ullar x 3
500 11 hexes

Combined Arbalest should cause all sorts of problems for your relatively low defense, hero based army. Also, I couldn't resist taking Atlaga.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion