Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Notices

Old May 5th, 2019, 12:19 PM
worthless thread clother plotting in his secret island lair

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: The New York City Gang Of Four

Well met!

chas did good job of describing what went down. Congrats to Sherman the Woodcutter. My armies:

Game 1:
200 Heracles
125 Ebon Armor
110 NotNW
100 Agent Carr
65 Johnny "Shotgun" Sullivan
600, 10 spaces

Game 2:
240 Red Mantis Blade Dancers x 3
170 Sgt Drake
90 Heirloom
60 Elaria
40 Siiv
600, 10 spaces

Hindsight is easy: There was not easy enough access to the City. The WoA were too strong in the first game, and, after changing their ranged attack to a Special and reducing it to 2, were too weak in the second.

The Red Mantis Blade Dancers underwhelmed, unfortunately failing a high percentage of their Stealth Armor rolls. It did not help that I did not safeguard Elaria (and Siiv), both of which died early on.

Some pics:

Old May 16th, 2019, 01:16 PM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

Draft Scenario Emerging for June 1 Chas C3V Scape:

[B]AVENGERS ENDGAME: TOE TO TOE WITH THANOS[/B]

I'll be playing the new C3G Thanos 1200 Points Event Hero (Infinity Quest) (see Home Page) I'll also be updating Captain Marvel and Iron Man with these new cards.

Each of the others will be an Avengers Player (maximum of 4), and get a choice of the 7 or so strongest Avengers, including the ones that slug it out one on one with him in the movie and others: Thor, Captain Marvel, Iron Man, Captain America (modified with Mjolnir), Hulk, Vision, Dr. Strange, etc.

We've done Thanos scenarios before with older cards, but the new mechanisms on their new Thanos card practically write the whole scenario!

Glyphs for the Infinity Gauntlet and the six Infinity Gems will be included.
Old May 17th, 2019, 04:56 PM

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun

Well met!

Drafting Medusa (recruited in 2016 - A-Force vol. 2 #1 (January 2016)).

Old May 18th, 2019, 03:21 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

"Avengers Assemble!"
Captain America in Avengers Endgame

Thanks for the documentation. But with the Fantastic Four and the X-Men just coming back to become part of the Marvel Cinematic Universe now for the first time for licensing reasons, every hero is an "Avenger" in movie reality, because its been the only team going! (Captain America sure looks a lot like the Human Torch, though).

Back in the Silver Age it was said that the F.F. was a family, the X-Men was a school, and The Avengers was a corporation. Its ironic for me, because The Avengers was always my least favorite Marvel comic team way back then. But I've certainly enjoyed the ten year movie ride with them. And I'm the one who had run a couple of Thanos scenarios for us previously, although SD has also run Avengers games.

Recruitment has certainly taken an unexpected turn for this game, with TW wanting to play Vision!

Hey K.

After your superb Game of Thrones Scape a while back, will you do another for the upcoming GOT finale? You could do the Battle of Winterfell, or if that's too similar to the old one, you could make the final Kings Landing confrontation into more of a fight than it was on TV, with the Allies vs Cersei.

Last edited by chas; May 18th, 2019 at 06:20 AM.
Old May 29th, 2019, 10:53 AM

Well met!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chas View Post

Hey K.

After your superb Game of Thrones Scape a while back, will you do another for the upcoming GOT finale? You could do the Battle of Winterfell, or if that's too similar to the old one, you could make the final Kings Landing confrontation into more of a fight than it was on TV, with the Allies vs Cersei.

I'm not inclined to rewrite the Kings Landing confrontation, but the Battle for Winterfell is doable.
Old May 29th, 2019, 01:35 PM

K.,

Great. Both were perhaps too one sided for a game as resolved on TV, but maybe I'll do the one you don't do (with changes)! King's Landing actually is more interesting to me, since we've already done a battle with the Undead. Something like SD's Helm's Deep game might work!

But I'd be happy to try anything you do, as usual.
Old May 30th, 2019, 12:44 PM

Well met!

Now that the last season of GoT is over, the essential elements of the final Battle for Winterfell can be 'Scaped. [Do not read on if you haven't seen it yet.]

While the Charge of the Light Dothraki was entertaining, it did not seem to accomplish anything but to momentarily delay the undead army, while adding to their ranks. The whole battle seemed superfluous to the final confrontation between the Undead King and Bran, which was settled deus ex machina by Arya Stark. So . . .

I envision the final Battle for Winterfell as consisting of two parts. Part 1 would be the battle/siege. Part 2 would be the final confrontation between the Undead King and Bran.

Part 1 can only have meaning if there is a time limit ([10] Rounds) within which the Undead King must enter Winterfell. If he does enter Winterfell within [10] Rounds, Part 2 begins. Part 2 would end with the destruction of the Undead King or the Undead King personally killing Bran; no other figures would be allowed to attack Bran.

Balancing/casting both Parts would be challenging. Whatever units the Undead army starts with would be considered Zombies of Morinden/Zombie Hulks for the purposes of

ZOMBIES RISE AGAIN
If a Zombie of Moridan that you control destroys an opponent’s small or medium figure, replace that figure immediately, if possible, with one of your own previously destroyed Zombies of Morindan. Newly placed Zombies of Morindan cannot attack this turn. Undead are not affected by Zombies Rise Again.

and

ZOMBIES RISE AGAIN
If an Undead Savage that you control destroys an opponent's large or huge figure, replace that figure immediately, if possible, with one of your own previously destroyed Zombie Hulks, and remove all markers other than order markers on that card. Undead are not affected by Zombie Rises Again.

The Dothraki would be represented (ironically?) by Grok Riders. The custom cards I used for the earlier battle are laid out below.

I think we're down to one Dragon for this scenario - I'll have to check. I'll have to create a card for Arya Stark - undoubtedly with powers taken from C3G. For example:

BLADERUNNER
Arya Stark may move through all figures, never takes leaving engagement attacks, and may attack with her normal attack up to 2 times at any point before, during, or after her normal move as long as she is on a space where she could end her movement.

SURGICAL STRIKE
If Arya Stark inflicts at least one wound on an adjacent figure with his normal attack, the defending figure receives one additional wound.

FOLLOW-THROUGH
After attacking with Arya Stark, if she did not inflict any wounds on the defending figure with that attack, she may attack one additional time.

MASTER MARTIAL ARTIST
When attacking an opponent's adjacent figure with a normal attack, add one automatic skull to whatever is rolled. When defending against a normal attack from an adjacent figure, add one automatic shield to whatever is rolled, and all excess shields count as unblockable hits on the attacking figure.

HEALING FACTOR
After taking a turn with Arya Stark, remove 1 Wound Marker from this Army Card.

TRAINED TO PERFECTION
Before attacking with Arya Stark, you may choose to either:
-attack any or all figures adjacent to Arya Stark, rolling each attack separately; or
-add one automatic skull when attacking an adjacent figure.

HONED REFLEXES
After defending with Arya Stark, you may choose to either:
-inflict a wound on the attacking figure, if Arya Stark had excess shields and is within 5 clear sight spaces of the attacking figure; or
-move Arya Stark up to 2 spaces. Arya Stark will not take any leaving engagement attacks when moved with this special power.

DEFENSIVE ARTS
When defending against a normal attack, add one automatic shield to whatever is rolled and, if the attacking figure is adjacent to Arya Stark, all excess shields count as unblockable hits on the attacking figure.

Last edited by kolakoski; May 30th, 2019 at 01:13 PM.
Old May 30th, 2019, 02:16 PM

Three dragons, with one controlled by the Winter King!
Old May 31st, 2019, 01:04 PM

Guys,

The C3G Avengers heaviest hitters available for the game(s) based partially on your expressed preferences are here. Their points are not important for this scenario, but can be used for identification purposes among the various card versions--these are the latest.

Thor 430
Incredible Hulk 380
Captain Marvel 370
Medusa 370 (K.)
Doctor Strange 310
Vision 285 (TW)
Iron Man 270
Captain America 240
(Powered Up with Thor's Hammer Mjolnir; Cap will have his own stats and powers, but also Thor's Special Powers)

Thanos and the Glyphs

Thanos (Event Hero) 1200 (Charley)
Infinity Gauntlet (Thanos)

Infinity Gem: Mind
Infinity Gem: Power
Infinity Gem: Reality
Infinity Gem: Soul
Infinity Gem: Space
Infinity Gem: Time

These glyphs are available onsite if you want to look at them.

At game start, each player will place one (trapped) Gem of their choosing on the board. Then Thanos may choose one to equip of those left over. At the start of Turn 2, any Gem's not in the game yet will be placed in the same manner (Thanos will not get another one). So you together can choose some you most don't want him to have at start. Then those on the board will be up for grabs with C3G Treasure Glyph rules, where Glyphs must be rolled for on the D20 to be dropped if you are wounded or killed, but only the figure with the Gauntlet can equip and use a Gem.

Note the C3G Rule: "If a figure you control that is carrying an equipment glyph is destroyed or wounded, choose one opposing player to immediately place the Glyph power side up on an empty space within 5 spaces of the space your figure last occupied."

See you tomorrow,
Chas
Old May 31st, 2019, 08:58 PM

To make things simpler:

1. The Avengers will place first, each on a corner section of the board. Then Thanos will place in the middle section.

2. The Avengers will then each choose a random glyph, without identifying it, and place it, face down and trapped. Then Thanos will equip his own random pick see what it is, and read its card out loud. I have glyphs made up that are marked on the bottom to identify which Infinity Gem each represents. At the end of Turn 1, the Avengers will randomly place the rest of the glyphs.

3. Since each character can only carry one Equipment Glyph at a time, the Avenger strategy gives you some interesting choices:

Since there will only be three Avengers, the most you can carry at once is three of the six glyphs.

If you are carrying a glyph into combat with Thanos and are wounded, he may have the chance to pick it up. Each glyph he equips with the gauntlet (unless he's been wounded and rolled, and dropped it) destroys the independent existence of the gem, as it is now fused into the gauntlet. Its the same for an Avenger who uses the Gauntlet.

4. An Avenger with the Gauntlet gets a once a game shot to do SNAP, as normally Thanos with the Gauntlet can. This would likewise give a 50% chance of killing Thanos.

Charley
Old June 2nd, 2019, 08:44 AM

Yesterday we played two games, using all C3G figures. The first was the scenario above, using the rules contained on the new Event Hero Thanos. Since SD couldn't make it, the other chose second Avengers; TW added Thor to Vision; K. Hulk to Medusa.

As Thanos I had terrible luck, dropping the Infinity Gauntlet 3 of 4 possible times. The Avengers themselves equipped five of the six Infinity Gems to the Glorious Glove, while keeping the sixth on the far diagonal edge of the board, near Medusa, who never got into the fight, being too far away.

I died and used my single resurrection, then took out Vision. But I was defeated again by the major Avengers powerhouses and lost the game. It was a bit disappointing that I hadn't come closer to my goal! I had never been able to go for the sixth Gem, which was so far away from the scene of the action.

For a second game, we wanted to use the varied terrain board I had made up, which was a large six by six 24 hexers, since most of the first game occured in only one corner of it (one sixth) of it. It had six areas the size of what I call a Building Unit, which is two 24 hexers joined together. Since the battlefield was meant to represent various types of Earth terrain as shown in the Avengers Endgame film, the first game had taken place on an Urban area with two factory buildings whose second stories were connected by a bridge and two sets of Ruins with two bridges and some roads. There were also two areas on the opposite side of Hill and Pine Forest, and three low lying areas with Jungle Bushes. These areas were separated by rivers and swamp water. The second game took place on one of these central areas where K. started, which had a small Hill bedecked with bushes, which made for a colorful conflict!

So we just choose 1,000 points each, mostly from more of the newer C3G waves:

K.'s Army

This was made up of Martial Artists and one Superhero

Gamora (Guardians of the Galaxy)
Scorpion (Mortal Combat)
Hand Mystics (Red Clad Unique Squad)
Hand Ninjas x4 (Black Clad Common Squads)

Chas' Army

I chose some Inhumans

Medusa
Gorgon
Crystal
Karnak

TW's Army

He chose his favorite group, the older Fantastic Four

Mr. Fantastic
Invisible Woman
The Human Torch
The Thing

We started at two 48 hex corners of one edge and the center area of another; an evenly spaced triangle. Although it was a 3 way kill 'em all game, since K. had so many more figures, we decided to attack him first together.

Since I had much further to travel over more difficult terrain, we played almost two seperate games. TW engaged with the Torch first, then Sue and Reed, with the Thing last of all. He took out many of K.'s figures, but K. took over Reed and Sue! So by the time I was able to engage K., TW was out of the game, having lost Torch and Thing!

I had bad terrain a a tough matchup, as K. had both of his heroes and two of TW's! It was the Hand Mystics power to take over defeated characters that made most of the difference. All of our figures with ranged abilities were short ranged, so it became a melee. Gorgon started by taking out two Ninjas at once with his ground pounding, but it was mostly downhill from there. K. even took over one of my own cards!

Rarely if ever had one player so soundly defeated two at once in any Scape I've played over the years! So we headed out for a nice Japanese dinner.

Our next game date, Sat. July 6, will see TW's game based on quests with custom characters adapted from the game Magic Realm. Different types of heroes will be able to gain different kinds of power ups, with TW playing all the bad guys in this new adventure.

Also coming up on the horizon is our annual "local" Heroscape tournament, Islandscape, Sat. July 20. This is a small, friendly series of games held annually by our pal Warbanner out on the Island at a local game store that has hosted us for years, now in their new location.

If you are interested, check out the Events section here onsite for details!

Last edited by chas; June 3rd, 2019 at 03:09 AM.
Old June 2nd, 2019, 09:10 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

For the upcoming Magic Realm Heroscape game, choose one of the following characters. I will also list which units follow each character.

1 ) Amber Rhyllian, Amazon L5 M7 R6 A3 D4
Human Unique Hero Amazon Determined Medium 4

Ally: Ashra
Friendly: Cathars, Roman Legionnaires and Archers

Aim: Once per turn, Amazon may reroll one any attack dice when attacking a non-adjacent figure.
Warrior Empowerment: As long as at least one order is on this army card, all warriors you control add 1 to their Move, Attack and Defense.

Two squads of Warriors of Ashra: As written except they have R5.

2) Wulfhere, Berserker L7 M5 R1 A5 D4
Human Unique Hero Berserker Wild Medium 6

Ally: Dreadgul Raiders
Freindly: Pirates of Tortuga, Cathars

Robust: At the end of the round, remove one wound marker from this army card.
Berserk: One per round, you may reveal the X Order Marker on this army card. Add 2 to Berserker’s Attack and subtract one form his Defense for the rest of the round. The Berserker must attack all adjacent figures when berserk. Roll each attack separately.

Two squads of Dreadgul Raiders

3) Sir Christopher Black Knight L5 M5 R5 A3 D5
Human Unique Hero Knight Relentless Medium 5

Ally: Knights of Blackgaard
Friendly, Banshees, Goblins

Heavy Mace: The Black Knight may add 2 dice when attacking an adjacent figure.
Fear Aura: Squad figures that the Black Knight attacks roll one less defense die.

One squad of Knights of Blackgaard

4) Dain, Dwarf L5 M4 R1 A4 D4
Dwarf Unique Hero Warrior Resolute Small 3

Ally: Shieldmiths, Axegrinders

Duck and Cover: When attacked by an adjacent figure that has a higher height than Dwarf, you may force the figure to reroll all skulls.
Trapfinding: You may add 4 to your die roll when trying to take a treasure glyph.
Shadow Strength: When Dwarf is on a dungeon or shadow space, add 1 to his Attack and Defense.

Two squads of Axegrinders of Burningforge and/or Shieldsmiths of Granite Keep. (Two squads total).

5) Aeolis, Elf L4 M6 R8 A2 D2

Ally: Woodfolk

DEADLY SHOT: When attacking with Elf, each skull rolled counts for one additional hit.

SHOT ON THE RUN: When Elf attacks, may do so at any time before, during or after his movement.
CONCEALMENT10: Same of Brave Arrow.

Two squads of Aubrien Archers.

6) Sorcerer L4 M5 R6 A3 D4
Human Unique Hero Sorcerer Mysterious

Aura of Power: When rolling defense dice for Sorcerer, one shield will block all damage.
Elemental Forces Special Attack R6 A3 + special.
When using Elemental Forces Special Attack, choose one of the following:
Earthen Grasp: Choose two figures not on a water space to attack.
Hel’s Embrace: Choose a figure on a snow or ice space, or adjacent to a glacial mountain. If you inflict a wound, remove an order marker at random from the figure’s army card.
Hot Lava Death: Choose a figure that is on a lave field or molten lava space, or adjacent to a molten lava space. Roll 3 extra attack dice. Figures with the Lava Resistant special power are immune to Hot Lava Death.
Stone Spike: Choose a figure on a rock space or adjacent to a rock outcrop. Roll 2 extra attack dice.
Watery Doom: Choose a figure on or adjacent to a water space. The figure rolls two less defense dice.

Not sure about followers.

7) Swordsman L4 M6 R1 A4 D5
Human Unique Hero Swordsman Wily Medium 5

Alert: If you have at least one order marker on this army card, add 8 to your initiative roll.
Counter Strike
Engagement Strike 13

Not sure about followers.

Sir Crispin, White Knight L6 M5 R4 A6 D5
Human Unique Hero Champion Honorable Medium 5

Ally: Templars, Weston

Exorcise: After moving and before attacking, you may select a demon or undead figure within four clear sight spaces. Roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 11-15, it takes one wound. If you roll 16-20, if takes two wounds.
Lay on Hands: Before moving, you may select an adjacent figure. Roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 1-5, nothing happens. If you roll 6-12, remove one wound marker from its army card. If you roll 13-18, remove two wound markers from its army card. If you roll 19-20, remove all wound markers from its army card. Lay on Hands may be used on the White Knight.

Two squads of Knights of Weston.

9) Witch-King L4 M6 R7 A4 D6
Demon Unique Hero King Tormenting Medium 4

Ally: Iskra, Banshees
Friendly: Blackgaard, Pirates

Absorb Essence: Once per round, before moving, choose a unique hero within 4 clear sight spaces. For the rest of the round, you will the Move, Range, Attack Defense and special powers of that hero. Your other special powers will not function until the next round.
Power of the Pit: Roll the 20-sided die for each figure in three clear sight spaces. If a figure is a squad figure and you roll an 8 or higher, destroy it. If it is a hero figure and you roll 17 or higher, destroy it. Power of the Pit does not affect Witch-King.
Disembodied: The Witch-King cannot pick up or carry treasure glyphs. When rolling defense dice, one shield will block all damage.

Iskra Esenwein (she can carry treasure glyphs) and the Rechets of Bogden.

10) Felistrix, Wizard L5 M5 R5 A5 D4
Human Unique Hero Wizard Scholarly Medium 5

Master of Hidden Paths: At any point before, during or after movement, the Wizard may choose an adjacent terrain feature such as a rock outcrop, glacial mountain, tree or jungle piece. Immediately place the Wizard on any unoccupied space adjacent to that terrain feature. He may do this more than once per turn. Wizard may use Pathfinder when moving with Master of Hidden Paths.
Pathfinder: Before moving, you may choose a small or medium friendly figure that is adjacent to Wizard. After moving, place the chosen figure on any unoccupied space adjacent to Wizard. Figures moved with Pathfinder will not take leaving engagement attacks.
Stones Fly Special Attack R7 A3: Wizard may attack four times with Stones Fly Special Attack. He may attack the same figure more than once.

Erevan Sunshadow.

Last edited by Taeblewalker; June 5th, 2019 at 08:34 PM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion