Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Notices

Old May 29th, 2017, 09:32 AM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!
The Spellbook of Waking Nightmare

The Spellbook of Waking Nightmare

C3G SUPER SECRET EXCLUSIVE 52
DO YOU BELIEVE IN MAGIC?

Card PDF

Spell Bio - The human mind is remarkably vulnerable - and remarkably suggestible. Perhaps one of the best ways to attack it is through terror, and, of course, countless sorcerers have devised ways of doing just that. By creating an illusion of their target's greatest fear, or bombarding their mind with images of it - be it failure, nuclear war, the loss of a loved one, a physical manifestation of their insubstantial fear of their own mortality, or spiders - they can send their foes running in terror, either to buy themselves a little breathing space, or simply so that they and their minions can strike at their enemies while they remain insensible.

-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • N/A

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================

Last edited by Splash; August 1st, 2022 at 08:28 PM. Reason: png
Old May 29th, 2017, 09:33 AM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!
Re: The Spellbook of Nightmare

Waking Nightmare
Unique Spell
15 Points

Before taking a turn, this figure may cast this spell. All opposing figures that are engaged with this figure and do not have the Fearless personality are affected by this spell. All opponents must move each affected figure they control up to 4 spaces. Affected figures must end their movement unengaged, if possible, and you may choose the order in which affected figures are moved. After casting this spell, this figure may not attack during its turn.

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================

Last edited by Lazy Orang; July 15th, 2017 at 10:38 AM.
Old May 29th, 2017, 09:36 AM
Hard as ice

Okay, as I said before, this is a spell I think should be really fun - it's inspired by a spell from computer RPG Arcanum: Of Steamworks and Magick Obscura (which I highly recommend trying out, btw - it's available at Steam and GOG for a decent price ), but which should fit well in a comic book setting.
The main thing to do right now is settle a timing and then settle a cost. After that, I'd like to try to fast track this as quickly as possible to get it into the magic release.
One last thing - how many points do I pay? I'm guessing 5, as I think that's what Sidekicks pay for DOs and Glyphs and Spells seem to fall into a similar category, but I could be wrong.

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old May 29th, 2017, 09:40 AM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

I like the "Before taking a turn" version.

I wouldn't mind seeing a different name, just so it doesn't end up getting confused with this guy sometime down the line.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Orang View Post
One last thing - how many points do I pay? I'm guessing 5, as I think that's what Sidekicks pay for DOs and Glyphs and Spells seem to fall into a similar category, but I could be wrong.
You know, I'm not sure myself. Been meaning to ask.
Old May 29th, 2017, 10:00 AM
Power abusing superplaytester

Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death!

I like the before taking a turn version.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Orang View Post
I believe 5 points is correct.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
I wouldn't mind seeing a different name, just so it doesn't end up getting confused with this guy sometime down the line.

C3G: Taking Superheroes to a Whole New Level!
C3V: The Legacy of Classic 'Scape!
Viegon & Family's Classic Customs, Maps, and Battlefield Videos.

Enjoy App Games? Try A Day in the Life of Atlas!
Old May 29th, 2017, 10:50 AM
Hard as ice

Re: The Spellbook of Nightmare - Breathing

Okay, looks like we're going with Version 2.
Any thoughts on Points?
Also.... Project Nightmares? I would like to use the word Nightmare.

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old May 29th, 2017, 12:42 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

I like the second version as well. Dok brought up a good point in your thread about this, did you want LEA to take place here or not? Is the theme here that you send your engaged opponents into a fear induced panic so they run away and you can flee or at least re-position to a better spot tactically, or is the idea that they turn around to run away so you can stab them in the back?

*Also I never received a PM for this thread, make sure the other heroes are aware of it. And pricing spell LD's the same as DO's and glyphs seems appropriate to me as well.
Old May 29th, 2017, 12:54 PM
Hard as ice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
I like the second version as well. Dok brought up a good point in your thread about this, did you want LEA to take place here or not? Is the theme here that you send your engaged opponents into a fear induced panic so they run away and you can flee or at least re-position to a better spot tactically, or is the idea that they turn around to run away so you can stab them in the back?

*Also I never received a PM for this thread, make sure the other heroes are aware of it. And pricing spell LD's the same as DO's and glyphs seems appropriate to me as well.
Both, honestly - I like the idea of being able to reposition in Version 2, but LEAs were intended and the idea from the beginning (I was taking mechanical inspiration from God of Fear on Phobos here). Also, sorry about not sending the PM! For some reason I always forget that step. I'll send it later, in a bit of a rush now.

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old May 29th, 2017, 01:02 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Okay, sounds good.

I like how you have the opposing player move their figures, it eliminated the issues of you moving figures into lava. It also gives them a chance to potentially move their figures somewhere that would be good for them (ie. inside an aura, up to higher ground), taking some of the sting out of the spell casting. Not sure what this all means for points though. A LEA is only a 50/50 chance for a wound but it could be pretty good if it lands on a Superman type of figure.
Old May 29th, 2017, 01:05 PM
Hard as ice

Or if you cast it when surrounded by enemies, or when you have your enemy surrounded. I'm thinking Karnilla and a Moloid swarm, though I've never played it and am not comfortable with it (no idea how to use You Will Be Mine....) would be pretty necessary testing for this spell, though any spellcaster who has synergies that can help activate other figures into good positions (i.e. Mutants and Titans) or who has a sidekick such as Wong or Jubilee (or Zombie...) will appreciate it. Just testing it with an Ant or Civvie swarm could work well, too.

Hmmm... Also an interesting way to free yourself from lockdown type figures, like Doc Ock, Blob or Mr. Fantastic.

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old May 29th, 2017, 01:48 PM
Hard as ice

Re: The Spellbook of Living Nightmare - Breathing

Okay, gone with the second version, and, following Ronin's suggestion, renamed it to Living Nightmare. I've also contacted the Heroes.

Anyway, may as well call in the CRB - @dok , @Dysole , @Soundwarp SG-1 , @weebaer , thoughts? Suggestions for Points?

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old May 29th, 2017, 01:57 PM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Nightmare Before Christmas

Not really sure how to run a checklist on a spell so I'll just say that having your opponents move is a good decision and there are ways to make it work to your advantage. I am very curious how this would interact with say...

War Machine.

I'm also curious if it's a three person game, someone else casts the Nightmare, and both myself and my opponent move to places where we had to be engaged with each other but end our movement unengaged. Really it should be done in some kind of defined order.

I have not looked at spells lately to get a good idea of point costs, so I'm relatively clueless. 25?

~Dysole, running thoughts through her head

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library