Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Arena of the Planeswalkers: MtG > AotP General Discussion
AotP General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Notices

Old October 21st, 2014, 12:50 AM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: Magic: the Gathering Strategy Board Game (Looks HeroScap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elstree View Post
I don't know why the Hasbro press release is trying to tie this to Risk Legacy. It's disingenuous.
Perhaps TheGuru is involved?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old October 21st, 2014, 01:02 AM
Super Smurfy

Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elstree View Post
I don't know why the Hasbro press release is trying to tie this to Risk Legacy. It's disingenuous.
Perhaps TheGuru is involved?
Yes, he is.

There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. --MLK

Last edited by Xorlof; October 21st, 2014 at 01:02 AM. Reason: so saith a reliable source
Old October 21st, 2014, 01:06 AM

Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth

I just watched the demo video with the BGG guy and they talked about the terrain at the end. The flat part of the board is made up of six rectangular panels with the hex pattern printed on them. They are each 8 x 6 hexes. The edges of the panels have the coarser interlocking parts that you can see around the edge of the board. Some of them have water sections printed on them.

The first photo in this link shows figures on a single panel: http://www.gatheringmagic.com/alexul...o-information/

The Hasbro rep was coy when asked about expansions, which pretty much means yes unless sales suck or something. It looks like the game is going to be tied heavily into the plot of Magic. They have several worlds or planes or whatever in their mythos so we will probably see different terrain types if they expand it. They probably picked this world because it is plain and easy to make, but it sales do well we could see more intricate 3D objects and things like that.

I also think they haven't shown the white summoner yet because it would spoil a plot twist in the Magic universe. It will probably be a new character or someone will switch sides or something. If its hyped up it could boost sales.
Old October 21st, 2014, 08:32 AM
No Soup or Happy Endings For You!

CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chachi View Post
I'm just going to sell all my mtg cards and scape and be done with the madness
Gimmie a call when you do.

Old October 21st, 2014, 09:14 AM
Online HS Seasons 3 and 7 Champion

Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogg View Post
If Ry is right (and I suspect he is) and this is close to the final product it seems like we won't get very many 3D tiles in a set. However, there is the flat board, which could be useful in map building.
Please don't tell me you're hyped by the flat board.
One of the use of this community is that for you don't need to buy a whole new WotC game to have a flat board with hexes.

It's a new game so take it like a new game. You can find it good as new game or not good as a new game. Personnally I don't like it because of the few terrain and painted figures and I don't know the Magic universe at all but for those who don't care that much about painted figures and who are in th Magic universe it's a must-buy I guess.

But if you're buying this only in order to expand your Heroscape collection I think you'll be very disapointed or you really have money to spend.

Old October 21st, 2014, 09:47 AM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I tried, really I did, but I couldn't manage to read the whole thread before I responded to it. My take is similar to a lot of folks. It looks like it could be a good and interesting game on its own merits. If it happens to also provide the Heroscape community with more opportunities to grow that's awesome. Having said that, no one owes us anything, and the fact that Heroscape was a great game and might ultimately be found to have been a better game than MtGtB doesn't mean that I'm not happy to see MtGtB.

~Aldin, who also loves the speculation he's seen on how HS would fit into the MtG universe

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old October 21st, 2014, 10:16 AM

stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foudzing View Post

But if you're buying this only in order to expand your Heroscape collection I think you'll be very disapointed or you really have money to spend.
Id find it very hard to believe anyone is wanting to purchase this for the sole reason of using it in their Heroscape games.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken. The Force shall free me.
Old October 21st, 2014, 10:26 AM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by stubobj View Post
Quote:

Id find it very hard to believe anyone is wanting to purchase this for the sole reason of using it in their Heroscape games.
. . . well, it's much easier to make people sound like idiots if you mischaracterize what they said.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old October 21st, 2014, 11:11 AM
Friendly Neighborhood Librarian

wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by stubobj View Post
Quote:

Well I have a ton of AT and Confrontation stuff to speak attest to the counter.

In heroscapes hayday, I would drop 13 bucks (5-10 years ago) for a couple of squads let alone buying muliples for a whole wave. I can't imagine the Price point of this from being too far out of wack with other games, and I know there will be good customs made by C3V. And I get another game to play if I like.

Kinda a win, win.

wriggz's custom Figures, Terrain and Glyphs
Old October 21st, 2014, 11:14 AM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

That's what I did with Dungeon Command. ^_^ Got the Orcs and Undead, and want to get the others at some point. I can play it with the Castle Ravenloft Triology of games as well.
Old October 21st, 2014, 12:09 PM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
. . . well, it's much easier to make people sound like idiots if you mischaracterize what they said.
Though far less satisfying than making them sound like idiots by properly characterizing what they said.

I don't see any reason why someone who has bought terrain and/or minis that aren't official for use in their HS games would avoid considering such a purchase here. It seems probable based on what we have seen that figures and terrain for this game will be relatively compatible with the appearance and scale of the stuff we already have.

~Aldin, customizably

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old October 21st, 2014, 12:22 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Yup. I've bought Confrontation & Dungeon Command new-in-box when it suited my 'Scaping purposes. I'd do it again.

Always within reason for myself. I'm sure everyone reading these words knows what's best for him or her.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =

Go Back   Heroscapers > Arena of the Planeswalkers: MtG > AotP General Discussion