Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Old September 12th, 2010, 03:28 PM

Vydar is the man knows what's in an order marker Vydar is the man knows what's in an order marker
Re: Philadelphia, PA Tournament - 9/18/10

I'll bring Crossed Trails and Nilfheim's Lair. Unfortunately, I cannot bring the entire slew of glyphs. I can only bring what I have (1x Whetstone of Venom, 2x Ping of Protection, 1x Elixir of Speed, and 1x Heroic Rune). Might I suggest that you (tom) make paper glyphs like the ones at gencon to avoid the glyphs getting mixed up. That might alleviate confusion at the end of the day.

-Vitm

Do Good, Don't Suck. -PHS Stage Crew
Old September 12th, 2010, 07:26 PM
PA/MD/NJ Tourney Promoter - Evil!

tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vydar is the man View Post
I'll bring Crossed Trails and Nilfheim's Lair. Unfortunately, I cannot bring the entire slew of glyphs. I can only bring what I have (1x Whetstone of Venom, 2x Ping of Protection, 1x Elixir of Speed, and 1x Heroic Rune). Might I suggest that you (tom) make paper glyphs like the ones at gencon to avoid the glyphs getting mixed up. That might alleviate confusion at the end of the day.

-Vitm
Thanks for bringing those maps. Great minds think alike I guess when it comes to planning HS events. I knew I had to bring printed glyphs because there is no way I was going to get my hands on 9 Broochs of Shielding! Thanks for the suggestion though.

Hopefully I get time to make up the glyphs. Anybody have any ideas on how to get printout of the glyphs apart from photocopying them? Messing with digital pictures and getting them properly sized is not my thing.
Old September 13th, 2010, 01:12 AM

Johngee has disabled reputation

Greetings everyone ~

Sorry to have been away from this forum for so long, I had a hellish month that cost me over $1,000 to repair two automobiles and have spent a lot of time with my wife, who had fallen and now walks with a knee brace and cane. I just got caught up on the conversation and want to say:

FIRST - Tom, I am absolutely no help with digitally sizing and re-pro'ing glyphs, so I can only suggest tracing the outline of a standard glyph on a 3"x5" card and using ink pen to write it's name on one side. However, I can bring my glyphs, I believe I have a complete set or two.

SECOND - Tom, that's right, you can move me up from the Possible List to the Confirmed Attendees. I am planning to be there by elenen-ish, alone - since the three "W's" are all preoccupied that day. Is there any word yet from PU regarding extracurricula collegiate activities on Saturday that might affect parking and traffic conditions?

THIRD - It looks like all the BoV Maps have been spoken for, but I still have "Quasatch Playground" and "Jungle Wall" in a separate box, from the last time we got together in Pitman, so I will bring them along - just in case we need an extra one, unless you'd rather I prepare and bring something else. Let me know asap.

FOURTH - Does anyone have a d5 I can borrow to decide on which Army I'm going to use? It's either going to be: Beasties, Dragons, Elves, Humans, or Robots. I was thinking about 24x Sahaguin Raiders, but I don't have enough yet, or 4x Ogre Warhulk, but I don't have any of the D2 (Wave 12) yet; so I just kind of kept throwing figures into separate ziplocks until they added up to 600. I always like to stick to a "theme" for my Army builds.

FIFTH - Hmmm, of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most. Oh well, I guess I see all ya'all SO^ON. Have A Nic eDay ~ John G.

Member: Mid-Atlantic Region 'Scapers

"Strategy without tactics is the most circuitous route to victory, but great tactics without a strategy is just the cacophony before defeat." ~Sun Tzu 500 BCE
Old September 13th, 2010, 09:47 AM

tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johngee View Post
Greetings everyone ~

Sorry to have been away from this forum for so long, I had a hellish month that cost me over $1,000 to repair two automobiles and have spent a lot of time with my wife, who had fallen and now walks with a knee brace and cane. I just got caught up on the conversation and want to say:
Sorry to hear about that. Hopefully life will settle down for you now.

Quote:
FIRST - Tom, I am absolutely no help with digitally sizing and re-pro'ing glyphs, so I can only suggest tracing the outline of a standard glyph on a 3"x5" card and using ink pen to write it's name on one side. However, I can bring my glyphs, I believe I have a complete set or two.
That is actually a pretty good idea. I am going to try to get the glyphs printed out, but this is an excellent backup plan!

Quote:
SECOND - Tom, that's right, you can move me up from the Possible List to the Confirmed Attendees. I am planning to be there by elenen-ish, alone - since the three "W's" are all preoccupied that day. Is there any word yet from PU regarding extracurricula collegiate activities on Saturday that might affect parking and traffic conditions?
Very glad that you can make it. It is a shame about the W's though. Maybe next time. As for extacurricular activities, I haven't heard anything, but I haven't looked all that hard either. If anybody hears anything, please post it here and let everyone know.

Quote:
THIRD - It looks like all the BoV Maps have been spoken for, but I still have "Quasatch Playground" and "Jungle Wall" in a separate box, from the last time we got together in Pitman, so I will bring them along - just in case we need an extra one, unless you'd rather I prepare and bring something else. Let me know asap.
Don't worry about bringing a map (unless you really want to). The 12 maps we have should be more than enough.

Quote:
FOURTH - Does anyone have a d5 I can borrow to decide on which Army I'm going to use? It's either going to be: Beasties, Dragons, Elves, Humans, or Robots. I was thinking about 24x Sahaguin Raiders, but I don't have enough yet, or 4x Ogre Warhulk, but I don't have any of the D2 (Wave 12) yet; so I just kind of kept throwing figures into separate ziplocks until they added up to 600. I always like to stick to a "theme" for my Army builds.
Try rolling a D20 and divide by 4! If there are any figures that you want to borrow for the tournament send me a PM and I am sure I can bring them for you. That goes for anyone else too.

Quote:
FIFTH - Hmmm, of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most. Oh well, I guess I see all ya'all SO^ON. Have A Nic eDay ~ John G.
Hope you find your mind soon. You'll need it for this weekend!
Old September 13th, 2010, 10:58 AM
Wrecker of Wednesdays

clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

John - Try rolling a D6 and ignoring ant result of a 6. Either that or, if a 6 does come up, take it as a sign from the dice gods that any army you feild will be awesome!

Tom - I don't need to borrow any figures, but can I borrow some of your mo-jo?

All - Less than a week to go, it will be great to see everyone again!

Also John - Hope you find your mind. Some would say I'm absent-minded. Thats funny, I don't remember being absent-minded.

Also, also - Would you not like to try a holiday in sweden this year.

72 tournaments. 173 - 142 - 1 overall record. 6 tournament wins.

My goal, play every official 'scape unit in a tournament at least once. 149 down, 55 to go!
Old September 13th, 2010, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clancampbell View Post
Tom - I don't need to borrow any figures, but can I borrow some of your mo-jo?
Sorry, its custom made mo-jo that will only work for me. Feel free to be envious though.

Quote:
Old September 13th, 2010, 12:28 PM
Wrecker of Wednesdays

clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom View Post
Quote:
Monty Python referance!

72 tournaments. 173 - 142 - 1 overall record. 6 tournament wins.

My goal, play every official 'scape unit in a tournament at least once. 149 down, 55 to go!
Old September 13th, 2010, 04:50 PM

Vydar is the man knows what's in an order marker Vydar is the man knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Quote:

-Vitm
Thanks for bringing those maps. Great minds think alike I guess when it comes to planning HS events. I knew I had to bring printed glyphs because there is no way I was going to get my hands on 9 Broochs of Shielding! Thanks for the suggestion though.

Hopefully I get time to make up the glyphs. Anybody have any ideas on how to get printout of the glyphs apart from photocopying them? Messing with digital pictures and getting them properly sized is not my thing.
I'll see if I can get them (or find out how to make them in the case of D2) from R˙chean.

Yay 600th Post

Also, HiveKeeper will be coming. She didn't have soccer afterall.

-Vitm

Last edited by Vydar is the man; September 13th, 2010 at 05:03 PM.
Old September 13th, 2010, 05:05 PM

NightSwipe knows what's in an order marker NightSwipe knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Monty Python referance!
See the loveli lakes.... Yay Holy Grail!

Can't wait for Saturday.. but that means the rest of the week will take forever...

If pro is the opposite of con, is progress the opposite of congress?
America is the only place in the world where a pizza delivery guy gets to your house faster than an ambulance.
--NightSwipe--
Old September 13th, 2010, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

-Vitm

I'll see if I can get them (or find out how to make them in the case of D2) from R˙chean.

Yay 600th Post

Also, HiveKeeper will be coming. She didn't have soccer afterall.

-Vitm
That would be awesome if you could get them. I will add HiveKeeper to the attendees list! We're up to 15 players now!
Old September 13th, 2010, 05:27 PM

Glyphs are printing as I'm typing. 12 of each right?

-Vitm

Old September 13th, 2010, 05:29 PM
You can't go wrong with [insert thing you can't go wrong with here]

spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Monty Python referance!
Tom, you may need to have your geek card revoked.

"A good teacher is like a candle: it consumes itself to light the way for others." -Anonymous

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events