Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's
Official Rules & FAQ's Compilation and discussion of official HeroScape Rules and Frequently Asked Questions. **Special attacks never receive any bonuses.**

Notices

Old January 3rd, 2010, 11:18 PM

jason5 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Re: Question Dump.

Can you attack your own figures? I have looked everywhere for the answer: forums, FAQs, rulebooks. All I found was that a figure cannot attack itself, but can figures attack other figures from the same army? What about squads? Can you make one Zettain Guard attack the other?
Old January 3rd, 2010, 11:21 PM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

You've got it right - friendly figures can attack each other, but a figure cannot attack itself.

EDIT: Welcome to the site!
Old January 5th, 2010, 02:18 AM
The Little Warforged That Could

Izner knows what's in an order marker Izner knows what's in an order marker Izner knows what's in an order marker

Dumb question the search engine wasn't turning up:

On the first level of a map, there is a normal tile next to a water/swamp/ice/lava/shadow tile. Is a figure on the normal tile have height advantage over one on the water/etc tile?

The rules seem to state that the water has height of 0 whereas the tile has a height of 1.

Also, they seem to imply that a water tile stacked on a normal tile is the same height as the same tile without water on it.

Am I reading this correctly?

Old January 5th, 2010, 03:32 AM

LMB knows what's in an order marker LMB knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izner View Post
Dumb question the search engine wasn't turning up:

On the first level of a map, there is a normal tile next to a water/swamp/ice/lava/shadow tile. Is a figure on the normal tile have height advantage over one on the water/etc tile?

The rules seem to state that the water has height of 0 whereas the tile has a height of 1.

Also, they seem to imply that a water tile stacked on a normal tile is the same height as the same tile without water on it.

Am I reading this correctly?
- Yes, the fig on the "normal" tile does have height on the one on water, etc type of tile.

- Yup, water and similar tiles have a height of 0.

- Yup, water, and similar tile have no height.

My custom Terrain and Units.

My HS pics
Old January 5th, 2010, 04:47 AM
Did you know that 5 exclamation points is a sign of insanity?

Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMB View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Izner View Post
Dumb question the search engine wasn't turning up: ...

- Yes...
- Yup...
- Yup...
And furthermore if you put water on a normal tile then a two space figure can stop with one hex on the water tile and one on a normal tile.
Old January 5th, 2010, 12:50 PM

cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

One thing I've long wondered. Browsing through all the pictures of wonderful amazing maps here on HSers I have seen some maps with waterfalls created by stacking LOTS of water tiles. The top of the waterfall is physically many levels higher than the bottom. If a figure is standing on the top of the waterfall, is he technically at the same level as a figure standing at the bottom?

~Z

The influence of a frozen beef pie
My map thread
Old January 5th, 2010, 12:52 PM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

water tiles are not supposed to be stacked.

“Heroscapers is too old for that crap.”
~IamBatman

"Hahahah! You losers! I told you so!!"
~Clancampbell
Old January 5th, 2010, 01:15 PM

AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmgames View Post
If a figure is standing on the top of the waterfall, is he technically at the same level as a figure standing at the bottom?
~Z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grungebob View Post
water tiles are not supposed to be stacked.
Grungbob is, of course, correct. Stacked tiles make nice dioramas but not great maps. However, you could house rule it.

1 Water Tile = 0 High
2 Water Tiles = 1 High
3 Water Tiles = 1 High
4 Water Tiles = 2 High
(and so on...)
Old January 5th, 2010, 01:41 PM

loborocket rolls all skulls baby! loborocket rolls all skulls baby! loborocket rolls all skulls baby! loborocket rolls all skulls baby! loborocket rolls all skulls baby!

For what it is worth, I think a "Question Dump" thread is a good idea. Maybe as a mix between restricting new users from posting and letting things be the wild west, is the idea the "question dump" forum is open to new users and the other forums are "read only" for some defined set of time? After that probation period is up the new user can post to the other forums.

Jeff H - Manchester NH

No plan survives contact with the enemy. - Field Marshal Helmuth von Moltke

Good traders: M.K. Sentinal, C.L., and CheddarLimbo
Old January 5th, 2010, 01:48 PM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kroc View Post
And furthermore if you put water on a normal tile then a two space figure can stop with one hex on the water tile and one on a normal tile.
I've never come across this situation, but that doesn't sound right, wouldn't be the first time I'm wrong though.

-insert signature here-
Old January 5th, 2010, 01:53 PM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyys View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kroc View Post
I've never come across this situation, but that doesn't sound right, wouldn't be the first time I'm wrong though.
Since the water/lava/swamp water/ ice/shadow tiles are 0 height, you can, indeed, have a 2 spaced figure on one 0 height space and an adjacent space if the 0 height piece is 'unbanked'.

Example:

Last edited by Cavalier; January 5th, 2010 at 01:59 PM.
Old January 5th, 2010, 06:16 PM
The Little Warforged That Could

Izner knows what's in an order marker Izner knows what's in an order marker Izner knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavalier View Post
Since the water/lava/swamp water/ ice/shadow tiles are 0 height, you can, indeed, have a 2 spaced figure on one 0 height space and an adjacent space if the 0 height piece is 'unbanked'.

Example:
What your saying is that the water tile is considered the same level therefore a valid placement?

If the water tile were banked by standard hexes, the dragon in the picture would be standing on two different height placements, making it invalid.

Am I understanding this correctly?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's