Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Old May 21st, 2020, 12:05 AM

OrcElfArmyOne is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla OrcElfArmyOne is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla OrcElfArmyOne is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla OrcElfArmyOne is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla OrcElfArmyOne is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla OrcElfArmyOne is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla OrcElfArmyOne is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla OrcElfArmyOne is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: vegie's C3V/SoV Power Rankings

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegietarian18 View Post
I'm not sure if that's just because they're a 2 man squad, or because they're overpriced, or if 2 attack is too inconsistent, but they feel very hard to save.
All of the above...

This does feel like a bit of a knee-jerk reaction. The sample size is really small here. I don't think Greenies are A material, and I don't think Spiders are quite there either. Greenies still get stomped by bonding melee. Maybe Heavies having a terrible matchup into Cathar is enough to where the Greenies don't have to worry about seeing them, but Dwarves and Knights still have the dragon matchups. Marutuk is really good into dragons too.
Old May 21st, 2020, 12:13 AM
Online HS Season 10 Champion

vegietarian18 is hot lava death! vegietarian18 is hot lava death! vegietarian18 is hot lava death! vegietarian18 is hot lava death! vegietarian18 is hot lava death! vegietarian18 is hot lava death! vegietarian18 is hot lava death! vegietarian18 is hot lava death! vegietarian18 is hot lava death! vegietarian18 is hot lava death! vegietarian18 is hot lava death! vegietarian18 is hot lava death! vegietarian18 is hot lava death! vegietarian18 is hot lava death!

It's tough, I feel like Greenscales are a step above the A- figures but not one of the best of the A figures. But three people bought Greenscales to this event, and one brought Spiders. That's much higher representation than any of the other A- figures.

kevindola was able to beat my dad's Knights of Weston using Spiders because of kind a board vulnerability in Highways and Dieways. He built a wall of Spiders in the water outside his startzone, and Spiders standing in that water cannot be attacked. My dad was forced to go through the water on the other side of the startzone as Marcu was clogging the bridge. Although that part of Highways and Dieways was an advantage I do have to wonder if another board would have made the Marro Warriors even better against the Knights. Although that's an argument in favor of the Marros not in favor of the Spiders and Greenscales, although Dragons do pair more nicely with Marros than other things.

I do think the second order effects of Cathar should tamp down the purest melee builds though. Like I don't think it's safe to run Knights x5 Gilbert or Heavies x5 Grimnak in a C3V meta because you need more lives of bonding. Not just to soak the Braced Spears initially, but you need something that can stay engaged with the Cathar long term so the Cathar don't just kill the squad figures that you engaged them with and make you take the Spear again. But maybe that's an argument for Dwarves being better in C3V, as you can pair them with things like Braxas or Q9 or Incendiborgs, and those guys can you win you the Cathar matchup, and the Dwarves can win you the Greenscale matchup.
Old May 21st, 2020, 12:23 AM

OrcElfArmyOne is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla OrcElfArmyOne is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla OrcElfArmyOne is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla OrcElfArmyOne is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla OrcElfArmyOne is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla OrcElfArmyOne is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla OrcElfArmyOne is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla OrcElfArmyOne is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
It's tough, I feel like Greenscales are a step above the A- figures but not one of the best of the A figures. But three people bought Greenscales to this event, and one brought Spiders. That's much higher representation than any of the other A- figures.

kevindola was able to beat my dad's Knights of Weston using Spiders because of kind a board vulnerability in Highways and Dieways. He built a wall of Spiders in the water outside his startzone, and Spiders standing in that water cannot be attacked. My dad was forced to go through the water on the other side of the startzone as Marcu was clogging the bridge. Although that part of Highways and Dieways was an advantage I do have to wonder if another board would have made the Marro Warriors even better against the Knights. Although that's an argument in favor of the Marros not in favor of the Spiders and Greenscales, although Dragons do pair more nicely with Marros than other things.

I do think the second order effects of Cathar should tamp down the purest melee builds though. Like I don't think it's safe to run Knights x5 Gilbert or Heavies x5 Grimnak in a C3V meta because you need more lives of bonding. Not just to soak the Braced Spears initially, but you need something that can stay engaged with the Cathar long term so the Cathar don't just kill the squad figures that you engaged them with and make you take the Spear again. But maybe that's an argument for Dwarves being better in C3V, as you can pair them with things like Braxas or Q9 or Incendiborgs, and those guys can you win you the Cathar matchup, and the Dwarves can win you the Greenscale matchup.
I agree with you on Catharís effect. I wouldnít play Heavies in a VC-Inclusive environment: either Iím weak to Cathar, or Iím building around Cathar and weakening my army against the rest of the field.

As for representation: yes, although I think itís also just personal preference. To draw a parallel from X-Wing 2.0: at the beginning of 2.0, some ridiculous percentage (90+%) of Rebel lists had an X-Wing (one out of maybe 12-13 ships in that faction). That didnít necessarily make it the correct choice (it was actually the opposite: you actively hurt your chances of making the cut if you brought an X-Wing). Iím not saying this is the same thing because dragons are clearly really good, but preference is often a large factor. Iíll never run 4th, 10th, or Q9 in 4x4, even though I think those are probably all correct choices to bring.
Old May 24th, 2020, 04:49 AM
Baron of Beantown V

Cleon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Cleon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Cleon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Cleon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Cleon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Cleon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Cleon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Cleon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Cleon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Cleon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
So the Bring the Cheese Event is over, with kevindola's Spiders x4, Quahon, Raelin, Marro Warriors, Marcu triumphing over Sir Heroscape's Greenscales x3, Nilfheim, Raelin, Marro Warriors.

I moved up both Greenscales and Spiders to A. I don't know exactly why I had left them at A- before: Greenscales were A- in the dok power rankings and I actually moved up Fyorlags from B+. But both of these squads can contend with the best, obviously, so I put them up with the big boys. They have an interesting dynamic where I think Nilfheim is better than Quahon, but Spiders are better than Greenscales. So I think the two pairings sharing the A ranking makes sense.

Really what this event showed is how good the Marro Warriors are though, and that they deserve the A+. These were the only Marro Warriors armies and they met in the finals and the Marro Warriors did a ton of work in the finals and in the games leading up to it. They are very safe and very good. Adding another dimension to your army is really helpful.
Yeah Marro Warriors are definitely top tier. They’re the best endgame unit (well, I guess maybe besides Isamu for points) and clutch so many games. You don’t even have to restrict them for the endgame, they’re great at all phases of the game and there’s plenty you can do with them before it. Any army, any matchup, any map, they’re amazing.

Spiders also have Kozil with VC who’s solid. He’s like a Krug for them. Not quite as good as Krug and is certainly no Quahon, but better than the Wyvern (though I think the Wyvern’s better than where you have it) and obviously better than Sujoah. He’s a strong bonding hero.

And Quahon with Greenscales is a great army as well.
Old May 24th, 2020, 12:30 PM
Online HS Season 10 Champion

vegietarian18 is hot lava death! vegietarian18 is hot lava death! vegietarian18 is hot lava death! vegietarian18 is hot lava death! vegietarian18 is hot lava death! vegietarian18 is hot lava death! vegietarian18 is hot lava death! vegietarian18 is hot lava death! vegietarian18 is hot lava death! vegietarian18 is hot lava death! vegietarian18 is hot lava death! vegietarian18 is hot lava death! vegietarian18 is hot lava death! vegietarian18 is hot lava death!

The Wyvern is pretty solid but I think it's a lot better in RtW than standard.

It's actually an interesting concept. There's a lot of cool high impact powers like Theracus Carry and Wyvern Talon Grab and Tandros Kreel combat challenge that are pretty powerful but the top tier armies are able to just blast through those powers and make them irrelevant in terms of who will win the game. But once you tamp down the armies a bit then those powers can be game-defining.

Kozil is just good because he can jump into a pile of squads and take a few squaddies down with him. He's like Krug, but he he is anti-squad instead of anti-hero, but it's better to be anti-squad. He doesn't have as high of potential as Krug though.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs