Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs > C3V Public Playtesting
C3V Public Playtesting Forum for discussion of C3V public playtests. Only C3V members can create new threads, but all others can post to those threads.

Old May 17th, 2020, 04:20 PM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Queen of Hearts

Adding onto that battle report. The queen had a lot of potential here even if it didn't materialize. It still affected some of my decisions in that I podded up around her to wound her to death and also didn't push as far forward as I might have otherwise to force the ants to have to come up. Had she not been there, I probably would have been using normal attacks much much earlier which probably would have led to more dead ants for the end game. But because of the potential for them to get multiple attacks of 3, I had to focus on putting a lot of wounds on the heroes and minimizing the number of good positions for the ants to just sit and park.

~Dysole, feeling like this might be a better combo than the bees which might not be ideal
Old May 21st, 2020, 07:31 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth
Re: Amberhive Queen Public Playtesting

Map: Trashin' the Camp by superfrog

superfrog: Red Ants x4, Queen, Fraser, Crypt Guardian x2 (425)
Sir Heroscape: Knights x4, Gilbert, Eldgrim, Isamu (425)

I put one OM on the CGs round 1 to move up the Queen. After that it was Ants Ants Ants. With Fraser, the Ants were able to move up and keep engagements very well.

Sir H ran up to try to attack the Queen and was rolling a bunch of 3v5 and 4v5s. That got her up to 3 wounds but the last wound didn't want to go through. I got 6+ Ants engaged most turns, so even with a few inevitable kills, I could almost always get a few attacks of 3 (or 4 with height). After Gilbert died, Eldgrim came in and put that last Queen wounds on, but the Crypt Guardians were too Tough for the last few Knights.

I won with Fraser, a 1-wound Crypt, a full-health Crypt, and 2 Ants.

I rolled for the swarm 34 times and succeeded 11 times (about average), and those extra attacks got me 2 extra Knight kills and 3 wounds on Gilbert (including a kill).

Surge activated twice, and the combo of Surge and Combat Leader flipped an initiative which was clutch.

I think Sir H's strategy played nicely into what I wanted: lots of ants staying engaged. Throwing those dice at the Ants instead of at the Queen really neuters the Ant build. This is the opposite of how you'd play against the Bees build, where the Queen really is necessary for the offense, and killing her is much more helpful.

But still, beating an A army that soundly is a bit concerning.

Old May 21st, 2020, 10:20 PM
Online HS Season 11, 13 & 14 Champion

kevindola is hot lava death! kevindola is hot lava death! kevindola is hot lava death! kevindola is hot lava death! kevindola is hot lava death! kevindola is hot lava death! kevindola is hot lava death! kevindola is hot lava death! kevindola is hot lava death! kevindola is hot lava death! kevindola is hot lava death! kevindola is hot lava death! kevindola is hot lava death!
Re: Amberhive Queen Public Playtesting

420 points

Map: Trashin the Camp
Glyphs: None

kevindola - Queen, Ants x5, Crypt Guardian x2
Flash_19 - Raelin, 10th Regiment x3, B-11 Resistance

Which units survived?
Queen (1 life)
Crypt Guardian (2 life)
6 Ants

This was an interesting game. Flash had some pretty obvious setup points with the 10th Regiment to set up without Raelin having to move, so instead of crawling into the ant grinder I slowly trudges onto one hill behind a ruin, hiding the queen and ants. I made a few outlier ant attacks and with frenzy managed to kill 3 Regiment, but had lost 2 full squads of ants.

I switched tack and around an initiative switch got my crypt guardians out into the center of the map where the killed a pair of regiment and then engaged a lot of other ones, I made my move with the ants while the Crypts (with jungle) absorbed a ton of attacks.

My frenzy with the queen was really potent (52% on the game), and even though I was rolling 2 attack, I managed to puncture the Raelin backed 10th every once in a while.

When the 10th Line broke, the remaining ants were able to flood in and I got multiple attacks of 4 with the ants down on Raelin. The B-11s couldn't hold them off after Raelin went down, and the swarm won it.

How useful were the units' powers:

Surge: never finished a round engaged

Frenzy: 11/21

-Attacks. Queen got 2 attacks. Killed a Regiment and was blocked by a Regiment

Comments

Queen Frenzy really helped the ants this game, to the tune of the extra attacks killing a B11, 2 wounds Raelin, and 3 10th Regiment. Pretty huge. I think that Ants x5, Queen for a 300 points base and 21 figures is a very potent set. In this game they hung with an A level army, they definitely got some breaks with the hot frenzy % and some poor Regiment Rolling, but poor rolling happens with such a high quantity of attacks

Comments from @Flash_19 (feel free to add anything else)
I'm very surprised how competitive this army was
-The Queen Bee sure boosts these ants quite a bit
-The Queen is squishy enough that [her attack boost] probably balances out

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs > C3V Public Playtesting