Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

View Poll Results: Should Marvel be Allowed at GenCon MainE Event?
Yes, all Scape products should vs viable options. Banning Marvel is equivalent to banning Q9 28 32.18%
Yes, the more tactical choices the better and it will lead to more varied army builds 16 18.39%
No, theme and storyline are important to me and the two Universe's do not belong together 33 37.93%
No, desigining a good army is tough enough without adding even more high cost Heroes to worry about 10 11.49%
Voters: 87. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old June 23rd, 2009, 01:24 AM
has been BANNED

Devil's Advocate knows what's in an order marker Devil's Advocate knows what's in an order marker Devil's Advocate knows what's in an order marker
Re: Should Marvel be allowed in the GenCon Main Event

Marvel Heroscape is Definitely an Official Heroscape Product. The rule book for Marvel even advertises other Heroscape products
Old June 23rd, 2009, 01:24 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Kinda like how a "white person" isn't a "person" right? Cuz of the extra syllable?

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old June 23rd, 2009, 01:25 AM
has been BANNED

Devil's Advocate knows what's in an order marker Devil's Advocate knows what's in an order marker Devil's Advocate knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onacara View Post

No it is officially MARVEL HEROSCAPE....see the difference is in the word MARVEL....come on say it with me.... MMMMMMM AAAAAAA RRRRRRR VVVV EEEE LLLL...its like 2 whole additional sylables
Technically this is wrong. The official name on the Rule Book is HEROSCAPE MARVEL
Old June 23rd, 2009, 01:25 AM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Kinda like how a "white person" isn't a "person" right? Cuz of the extra syllable?
Well no cause a "black person" has the same extra syllable
Old June 23rd, 2009, 01:31 AM

Melwing17 knows what's in an order marker Melwing17 knows what's in an order marker Melwing17 knows what's in an order marker

Heroscape Marvel has Heroscape in the title, is made by the same company, and is fully compatible with Heroscape. But it is NOT THE SAME PRODUCT

I cannot find the quote, but I am 99% certain that there is even quotes from Hasbro (or WOTC.. or Milton Bradley, whoever was in charge at the time) saying that while compatible, they intend them to be seperate.

I'm selling a bunch of Heroscape stuff to pay for personal emergencies, please see my trade thread post: http://www.heroscapers.com/community...postcount=6803
Old June 23rd, 2009, 01:33 AM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melwing17 View Post
Heroscape Marvel has Heroscape in the title, is made by the same company, and is fully compatible with Heroscape. But it is NOT THE SAME PRODUCT

I cannot find the quote, but I am 99% certain that there is even quotes from Hasbro (or WOTC.. or Milton Bradley, whoever was in charge at the time) saying that while compatible, they intend them to be seperate.
I believe it was in the Podcast with Craig Van Ness
Old June 23rd, 2009, 01:36 AM
Is a Tingly Soldier of Valhalla

Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death!

This is great!

132-98-0 (4/13/09-4/15/24)
38-17-0 (10/17/09-3/9/24)
Old June 23rd, 2009, 01:38 AM
has been BANNED

If you intend them to be separate then why waste the effort making them compatible? On the Website they even talk about testing Hulk vs alot of Romans. Seems to me illogical to publicly talk about using them vs Romans then say they are not meant to be used together

http://www.hasbro.com/games/kid-game...nity/Designers
Old June 23rd, 2009, 01:38 AM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onacara View Post
No there are no banned official HEROSCAPE figures in the HEROSCAPE main event. Captain America and company are however MARVEL HEROSCAPE figures and therefore do not qualify therefore they cannot be banned. (we can do this all night)
No need to do this all night - it's been done as long as Marvelscape has existed.

I honestly think the tourney directors who exclude Marvel figures, while they have every right to, exclude them for reasons of personal preference and the whole "storyline/theme" argument. Fine with me; their tourney, their rules. I just wish they'd be a little more honest with themselves and others about the reasons for doing so, instead of parsing words and pretending that Marvel: The Conflict Begins is anything other than a large expansion for Heroscape, much in the same way that many here think of SotM as more of a large expansion than a Master Set.
Old June 23rd, 2009, 01:47 AM
has been BANNED

The whole "storyline/theme" argument is interesting to me. The central theme of Heroscape is Jandar/Utgar/etc summoning the strongest and best fighters of all time before they die. For some reason it makes sense for them to summon strong figures but not super strong figures?

Also I would bet few people at this site could even give you the Bios for many figures. The Bios are listed nowhere on the cards and often take months after a release to even appear online on their site
Old June 23rd, 2009, 05:26 AM
assistant leader

skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun

You forgot the last option above....Marvel just sucks pretty much. I always say the same thing to these threads....if folks want marvel in their tourneys then run them that way. It is not up to the folks who put tourneys together though to do it for the Marvel fans. There is a thread on this site somewhere with the people who got hooked through Marvel...there is like nine of them or something...anyways, why don't they organize a tourney and put Marvel in it? I am starting to believe that the Marvel crew are a bit lazy....they never build a tourney but want their product included in everyone else's events. Its a rather easy solution..."Build it and they will come"...or maybe more like "Build it and you will have plenty of extra snacks for the three of you"

PS...Marvel is incompatible
Old June 23rd, 2009, 05:38 AM
Embraces the Suck

rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I don't go to GenCon, so it doesn't affect me one way or the other. Just tossing in two more cents in favor of the un-banning of Marvel on philosophical grounds!
Closed Thread

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion