Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old February 14th, 2012, 11:05 PM

ForeverWar is surprisingly tart
Re: How to Clean Terrain Tiles Safely?

[quote=CanScape;1559979]
Quote:
Originally Posted by screwDriver View Post
Unless maybe it's from a smoker's house, but even then, I think the colour of the tiles would be the least of your problems...stinky tiles trumps yellowing, I'd say.
Surprisingly, no. I bought some snow tiles that were clearly from a smoker's house. The stink washes right out with a firm scrubbing.

Following up re: figures, I have something to report, as well as a question.

I experimented with washing Zettian Guards, base and all. The sticker on the base appeared to absorb water but once it had an hour or two to dry out there did not seem to be long term bad effects .

For my question: how do you pop figs off their bases without breaking them? Even though the bases don't seem to get badly water damaged, it still would be nice to scrub the figs separately.
Old February 15th, 2012, 12:27 AM

Bobofdeath's Dad knows what's in an order marker Bobofdeath's Dad knows what's in an order marker Bobofdeath's Dad knows what's in an order marker

The talk of yellow snow reminded me of this thread.

Yellow snow?

Enjoy!

My greatest Heroscape mistake: Thinking that Heroscape was a $40 $400 game!
Old February 15th, 2012, 02:41 AM

CanScape has disabled reputation

[quote=ForeverWar;1560554]
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanScape View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by screwDriver View Post
Unless maybe it's from a smoker's house, but even then, I think the colour of the tiles would be the least of your problems...stinky tiles trumps yellowing, I'd say.
Surprisingly, no. I bought some snow tiles that were clearly from a smoker's house. The stink washes right out with a firm scrubbing.

Following up re: figures, I have something to report, as well as a question.

I experimented with washing Zettian Guards, base and all. The sticker on the base appeared to absorb water but once it had an hour or two to dry out there did not seem to be long term bad effects .

For my question: how do you pop figs off their bases without breaking them? Even though the bases don't seem to get badly water damaged, it still would be nice to scrub the figs separately.
Not possible...I'm not even sure how to rebase them (see the customs threads) but I'm pretty sure that they're glued in pretty good. You'll wreck the sticker for sure.

Just dip em in warm water and use a soft scrub brush, don't get the base wet and you should be fine. I don't chance the damage to the paper bases, so I just hit em up with a dry paint brush if any dust accumulates. I've seen some pretty dusty figs, much of my collection was bought used. They must have been setup somewhere for a while, but the paint brush works great.
Old February 15th, 2012, 08:05 AM

RobWeaver has disabled reputation

A can of compressed air, like you use to clean a computer keyboard, is great for blasting dust off figures, terrain or anything else molded, without damaging the item.

Not one step backwards!
Old July 8th, 2016, 10:15 PM

AznScape is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Is there anyway to sanitize figures without having to use water? I've been buying some used things and I just wanted to sanitize them (no grime or dust is present).
Old July 9th, 2016, 12:19 AM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by AznScape View Post
Is there anyway to sanitize figures without having to use water? I've been buying some used things and I just wanted to sanitize them (no grime or dust is present).
Wipe 'em with a Clorox wipe or the like.
Old July 9th, 2016, 09:36 AM

AznScape is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Does that not damage the paint? Have you tested it?
Old July 9th, 2016, 03:18 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AznScape View Post
Just have mimring do a friendly fire line special attack on them a couple of times, it should kill the germs. unless the germs roll defense dice of course, then you may have to use a Clorox wipe.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old December 24th, 2016, 07:36 PM

SEN69 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

We have "yellow snow" as well. There actually is something you can try.
In the Star Wars collector world there is a popular process to whiten yellowed snow and storm troopers. You put them in a bottle of hydrogen peroxide and leave them in the sun for 4 days. Apparently it works wonders. I'm gonna try it. I'll report back.

If you're wondering what happened the Marro are notorious for pissing in the snow if you hadn't noticed.
Immature but they're not the smartest bunch either. Whatta ya gonna do?
Old December 24th, 2016, 08:49 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEN69 View Post
We have "yellow snow" as well. There actually is something you can try.
In the Star Wars collector world there is a popular process to whiten yellowed snow and storm troopers. You put them in a bottle of hydrogen peroxide and leave them in the sun for 4 days. Apparently it works wonders. I'm gonna try it. I'll report back.

If you're wondering what happened the Marro are notorious for pissing in the snow if you hadn't noticed.
Immature but they're not the smartest bunch either. Whatta ya gonna do?
Hey, when I get cold I need to relieve myself more often as well. No shame, Marro Warriors, no shame.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old March 14th, 2017, 02:47 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

A work in progress I have is some custom 24 hexes a pal of mine bought online for us. The desert ones from one maker are fine, but the snow ones were done sloppily, and there is paint on the sides that make them difficult to fitting them together and them disassemble. I've tried paint thinner, but it was not effective.

Any suggestions?
Old March 14th, 2017, 10:50 AM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

@chas , I accidentally did a bunch of lava tiles wrong a year after I started playing and have tried a handful of different things including acetone, or thinner with no luck. After a while I just said screw it, I'll buy another set.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion